2 Million apart | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2 Million apart

TI is right. Housing in S. Fla is 3 times what it is in Southern Louisiana.

TI is wrong. You cannot compare Payton to Saban. Saban, even in his second year in the NFL has proven he is the real deal. Payton has proven to be a really good quarterbacks coach. Its harsh, but true.

Jock Tax? Ok, well, when he gets his up front signing bonus it will NOT BE TAXED in Miami but it will be in NO. So, what's the tax hit on 10 mil in NO?

Ti Rider said:
One more the thing...on the no state income tax thing. The cost of living is much lower in and around New Orleans. Brees could live like a king in Louisana on the $2 million diference alone. Land and housing cost will be much, much lower (please save the witty, feminine hygene product Katrina comments for people who care). So don't count on that to make up the difference.....

And furthermore, they may just be the Los Angeles Used Cars before long, so all this is moot. :sidelol:

What needs to happen is we need to get Daunte.... Brees had one good year people

honestly if we get him whatever but I think Daunte is more prolific once healthy:cooldude:

Cost of living is more in New Orleans Metro area now.

Hey guys long time lurker first time poster. One poster said that cost of living is more in south florida. I moved a short while ago to new orleans metro are from Florida an went through Hurricane Katrina. The cost of living in this area has increased by my more than 35% on everything since the hurricane. So I do not buy that it cost less to live in New Orleans so that is definitly not bargining chip for Drew. But it is time to make up his mind. Make a choice a deal with it. :dolphins:

Nawlins Fin fan, with all due respect, you are wrong about the cost of living issue.

Yes, the cost of living in NOLA has increased since katrina, but it in no way has reached the level of S Fla. I know, I'm living in NOLA and I'm looking to buy a house. I too just moved from Ft. Lauderdale. Renting is expensive down here in NOLA. Buying is not. Other non-real estate costs are much cheaper here in NOLA.

But whatever, we're way off on a tangent. I believe that Drew will sign with whoever offers him more guaranteed money. Maybe he'll accept a little less to play in Miami, but not a whole lot less.

FINFAN15 said:
From What I'm hearing on ESPN we are probably about 2 million apart on Guaranteed money saints will offer 10 mil Dolphins 8 mil.Now 2 million does not sound like alot if Bree's comes hear an as any kind of success he makes up that 2 mil just in endorsements.Why would someone want to play in New Orleans

1 Playing on turf with an recovering shoulder injury(if the super dome is ready)

2 Wide receiver cast is horrible Stallworth never lived up to expectation Joe horn getting up there in age

3 New head coach Sean Payton has no head coaching experience in college or pro ball

4 How will Deuce be coming back from Major injury

5 Fan base known for wearing brown paper bags to avoid embarrassment
actually, Drew makes that $2 million up already in taxes ;)

Is amazing how clueless agents adn the athletes are on this critical point. Or, they purposely ignore it to try and get even MORE money. :rolleyes:

Gardenhead said:
Nawlins Fin fan, with all due respect, you are wrong about the cost of living issue.

Yes, the cost of living in NOLA has increased since katrina, but it in no way has reached the level of S Fla. I know, I'm living in NOLA and I'm looking to buy a house. I too just moved from Ft. Lauderdale. Renting is expensive down here in NOLA. Buying is not. Other non-real estate costs are much cheaper here in NOLA.

But whatever, we're way off on a tangent. I believe that Drew will sign with whoever offers him more guaranteed money. Maybe he'll accept a little less to play in Miami, but not a whole lot less.

Be sure to save a bit for flood insurance..... (not meant as a joke)

Schleprock, I HIGHLY doubt the agents are overlooking the tax issues. I'm sure they've got all the numbers crunched based upon all kinds of factors, state taxes included.

This "report" is pure speculation.

Gardenhead said:
Schleprock, I HIGHLY doubt the agents are overlooking the tax issues. I'm sure they've got all the numbers crunched based upon all kinds of factors, state taxes included.

This "report" is pure speculation.
I HIGHLY doubt it, my reference, Olin Kreutz and his idiotic Bears decision. Meh, better off he didn't sign with us anyways, he hasn' lived up to what would have been paid to him.

Also, Ti Rider's comments on Stallworth and Hakim = wrong. That's a completely biased fan opinion. Stallworth has improved, but could he get worse? He is a bust for where he was picked. Hakim, can't stay healthy and has done ZIPPO since 2000 in St Louis.

FINFAN15 said:
From What I'm hearing on ESPN we are probably about 2 million apart on Guaranteed money saints will offer 10 mil Dolphins 8 mil.Now 2 million does not sound like alot if Bree's comes hear an as any kind of success he makes up that 2 mil just in endorsements.Why would someone want to play in New Orleans

1 Playing on turf with an recovering shoulder injury(if the super dome is ready)

2 Wide receiver cast is horrible Stallworth never lived up to expectation Joe horn getting up there in age

3 New head coach Sean Payton has no head coaching experience in college or pro ball

4 How will Deuce be coming back from Major injury

5 Fan base known for wearing brown paper bags to avoid embarrassment

Why? there are reasons. By the way,you need to do a little more research on Stallworth. Deuce is going to be utilized much better by Payton than Haslett ever thought about doing. (See the Dallas running game) as for the Dome it will be ready and they are actually making it a first class facility with more box suites and upgrades. Yes it is field turf but I doubt it will make that much of an issue to Brees. Joe Horn was a little banged up last year but he is still a top WR in the NFL and I would have him on my team before I would any of the Dolphins WR's Joe is a Pro Bowl talent. As for Payton not having any head coaching experience in the NFL, (See Nick Saban)By the way I do hope Miami has a great year this year and I am not a hater. Just making the facts a little less one sided is all.

Ti Rider said:
One more the thing...on the no state income tax thing. The cost of living is much lower in and around New Orleans. Brees could live like a king in Louisana on the $2 million diference alone. Land and housing cost will be much, much lower (please save the witty, feminine hygene product Katrina comments for people who care). So don't count on that to make up the difference.....

My sister lived in Texas for a few years and said the "no state taxes" is overrated. The property taxes were so high, she actually saved money moving back here and paying state income tax.

Back
Top Bottom