2 Million apart | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2 Million apart

Just for the record I said Payton has had no head coaching experience in COLLEGE or pro.As for Joe Horn you would take him over Chris Chambers I doubt it.

FINFAN15 said:
Just for the record I said Payton has had no head coaching experience in COLLEGE or pro.As for Joe Horn you would take him over Chris Chambers I doubt it.

Because of age, not production I would take Chambers. Chambers best days are ahead of him and Joes are likely behind him. Still Joe is a solid player that Payton will utilize him better than a Jim Haslett coach team ever did.

Also Stallworth has progressed each year at WR. He nearly had 1000 yards last season and 7 TD's. He was ranked 20th in the league according to footballguys.com. Yes he was expected to make more of an impact than this by now but he was also drafted young (came out of college as a Junior)

Career Statistics
YR TM G RSH YD Y/R TD TRG REC YD Y/R TD FPT RANK VBD
2002 NO 13 2 2 1.0 0 68 42 594 14.1 8 108 38 0 [game logs] [splits]
2003 NO 11 1 3 3.0 0 55 25 485 19.4 3 67 70 0 [game logs] [splits]
2004 NO 16 6 37 6.2 0 106 58 767 13.2 5 110 35 0 [game logs] [splits]
2005 NO 16 2 2 1.0 0 129 70 945 13.5 7 137 20 20 [game logs] [splits]
TOT 56 11 44 4.0 0 358 195 2791 14.3 23 422 20

If he's about the money then go to the Saints, if he's about winning and a historical tradition then come to Miami...

mvtrucking said:
ALL Miami players pay state income taxes in all states(One's that have income tax) that they play in.(So that would mean up to 8 games he will have to pay anyway.)

I don't believe your right about that, your residence determines what state you do or don't pay state taxes too, any Dolphin players that make Florida their home residence would pay no state income taxes.

It would be silly to suggest that NFL players have to file income tax returns in every state they play in in a given year.

HULKFish said:
If he's about the money then go to the Saints, if he's about winning and a historical tradition then come to Miami...
What was the Dolphins record last year anyway? Not trying to be a smart ***. You guys had a winning record last year? I know you have improved under Saban and Muller.

BlueFin said:
I don't believe your right about that, your residence determines what state you do or don't pay state taxes too, any Dolphin players that make Florida their home residence would pay no state income taxes.

It would be silly to suggest that NFL players have to file income tax returns in every state they play in in a given year.

Sorry, man ... I believe he's right. I saw a story on it once....

Maybe Saban should call up Snyder, and ask him for a 2 million loan....

On the other hand scratch that. Snyder may jump into the mix and steal Brees away if he finds out how he's only asking for a 10 million signing bonus. Besides, the Redskins are the only team in the NFL that don't have a cap limit....

PHINZ RULE!!!

I getting sick of this ..... its time to move on let Brees go play for the Saints I'm not gonna knock them in todays NFL you dont know year to year how a team will fair.
However if Brees wants that 2mil(if thats the case) let him go if he cant see why a "smart" team is concerned with his shoulder then let him take advantage of some other team.

Its time for the phins to pull out and look elsewhere.

Ti Rider said:
One more the thing...on the no state income tax thing. The cost of living is much lower in and around New Orleans. Brees could live like a king in Louisana on the $2 million diference alone. Land and housing cost will be much, much lower (please save the witty, feminine hygene product Katrina comments for people who care). So don't count on that to make up the difference.....

Ti, is there any high ground around NOLA? She does sit below sea level doesn't she?

FINFAN15 said:
9-7 with a six game winning streak at the end

Thats a pretty marked improvement for sure. I still cant believe the Saints didnt atleast attempt to get Saban whlie he was in Louisiana.

themole said:
Ti, is there any high ground around NOLA? She does sit below sea level doesn't she?

There are parts that are as high as 12 feet above sea level like Algiers and River Ridge. Other parts were formally marsh and the water was pumped out when they built the levees. Above sea level real estate can be had easily by a proffesional football player.

sounds7 said:
There are parts that are as high as 12 feet above sea level like Algiers and River Ridge. Other parts were formally marsh and the water was pumped out when they built the levees. Above sea level real estate can be had easily by a proffesional football player.

Damn! I guess I live on a mountian @ 42' above sea level, 17 mi. from the coast.

zodiak said:
I getting sick of this ..... its time to move on let Brees go play for the Saints I'm not gonna knock them in todays NFL you dont know year to year how a team will fair.
However if Brees wants that 2mil(if thats the case) let him go if he cant see why a "smart" team is concerned with his shoulder then let him take advantage of some other team.

Its time for the phins to pull out and look elsewhere.

I know it sounds kinda backwards, but if Drew wanted to play in NO, he definately woulda decided by now. Maybe Drew thinks he can drag Miami along a little bit cause he doesn't believe we have any other "serious" alternatives. If he saw we were starting to look elsewhere, he may blink.

Back
Top Bottom