2 Million apart | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2 Million apart

claytonAndDuper said:
2 million
compromise at 9 and lets git r done

forget comprimising, we arent budging, saban isn't going to give in and flinch to any one, let alone a busted qb. saban is saying, "here's your offer, take it or leave it, with or without you we will dominate" and he doesnt NEED brees, he can get someone else, and he wont over pay or give into him and his agent, no one will bully nick saban around. that i promise

If we are offering 8 million guarantee that is too much. I think his deal should be more incentive wise. I wouldnt mind giving him 12 million if he earned it on the field. give him 6 million guaranteed and 6 million in incentives and an extra million if he wins us the superbowl

Specialk0832 said:
forget comprimising, we arent budging, saban isn't going to give in and flinch to any one, let alone a busted qb. saban is saying, "here's your offer, take it or leave it, with or without you we will dominate" and he doesnt NEED brees, he can get someone else, and he wont over pay or give into him and his agent, no one will bully nick saban around. that i promise

I hope you're right. Also, shouldn't the ability to play for Miami, a high-profile team, count for lots more endorsement $$$ (assuming he plays well).

Ti Rider said:
As a Saints fan I feel obligated to reply

True the cost of living is higher in Miami but that is because ppl want to live there. NO is a little to dirty and run down for most ppl to want to live there. Thus the property is cheaper.

Ti Rider said:
As a Saints fan I feel obligated to reply -

1. True, it is impossible to argue against natural grass.

2. Horrible? Hardly, Joe Horn is still playing at high level. Donte Stallworth has improved, taken over the #2 spot, and is still solid deep threat. The Saints #3 is speedy Az Hakim. The only spot where the Phins receivers are clearly better than the Saints is TE. McMichael is better than the Saints TEs but young Zach Hilton opened some eyes last season when he tookover the starting job.

3. Me might not be Nick Saban but Payton does have a solid reputation in developing QBs. Heck got decent production from guys like Kerry Collins and Quincy Carter. He's from Parcells' system and is getting advice from his old boss (like sing a veteran QB instead drafting a rookie)

4. According to team doctors Deuce is ahead of schedule in rehab. He's also lost a little weight and his coinditioning is described as "perfect". The Saints are also going to sign a veteran backup (rumors from credible sources say Michael Bennett)

5. Saints fans haven't worn bags on their since the 1980 season when the team went 1-15. That was 26 years ago only 4 years before the last time the Phins went to the Superbowl....

If payton is so good at developing QB's why dont they just draft one that he can develope? Thats what i dont get about this whole scenario.

Ti Rider said:
As a Saints fan I feel obligated to reply -

1. True, it is impossible to argue against natural grass.

2. Horrible? Hardly, Joe Horn is still playing at high level. Donte Stallworth has improved, taken over the #2 spot, and is still solid deep threat. The Saints #3 is speedy Az Hakim. The only spot where the Phins receivers are clearly better than the Saints is TE. McMichael is better than the Saints TEs but young Zach Hilton opened some eyes last season when he tookover the starting job.

3. Me might not be Nick Saban but Payton does have a solid reputation in developing QBs. Heck got decent production from guys like Kerry Collins and Quincy Carter. He's from Parcells' system and is getting advice from his old boss (like sing a veteran QB instead drafting a rookie)

4. According to team doctors Deuce is ahead of schedule in rehab. He's also lost a little weight and his coinditioning is described as "perfect". The Saints are also going to sign a veteran backup (rumors from credible sources say Michael Bennett)

5. Saints fans haven't worn bags on their since the 1980 season when the team went 1-15. That was 26 years ago only 4 years before the last time the Phins went to the Superbowl....

And no years since you went to the superbowl. Save it for the depths pal.:shakeno:

fin1 said:
And no years since you went to the superbowl. Save it for the depths pal.:shakeno:

True and the Saints fans know it all too well however in the context of this arguement, to a FA QB like Drew Brees the trips to the Superbowl arguement means nothing. It has been too long since the Dolphins have been to the big dance for that arguement to hold weight. If you were New England or Pitsburgh maybe. A FA QB might even find it attractive that a team hasnt yet been to the Superbowl because it gives him a chance to be a hero when he takes them there for the first time.

BlueFin said:
I don't believe your right about that, your residence determines what state you do or don't pay state taxes too, any Dolphin players that make Florida their home residence would pay no state income taxes.

It would be silly to suggest that NFL players have to file income tax returns in every state they play in in a given year.

You are both wrong actually. If you are an independent contractor, you will have to pay state taxes in every state that you perform your "services" (i.e. playing QB). If you are not an independent contractor and you are on the payroll of a corp, you only pay state taxes where you claim residency.

An independent contractor is basically someone who has thier own corp, such as Brees Inc, and payments are made to the corporation, and not the proprietor of the corp (Drew himself). If payment is made directly to Brees' personal bank account, then he is subject to state taxes in his state.

One thing I dont know is if the NFL requires all players be a contractor or a payroll expense, or if they have the choice. Thats to be determined by a corp or the NFLPA.

I am no accountant so take this for what it's worth. You pay taxes where you reside not where your paycheck comes from. So if a player resides in a state with no state income tax then he doesnt have to pay that tax.

I live in MS, but work in TN. TN has no state income tax, but I pay MS state income tax. FYI

I hope Brees has fun in NO cause he will be on a losing team. Good luck.

EXACTLY! I CAN THINK OF 2 MILLION REASONS NOT TO SIGN BREES! LET HIM EARN THE OTHER 2 MILLION BY PROVING HIS INJURY WILL NOT EFFECT HIS EARNING POTENTIAL FOR THE EXTRA 2 MILLION.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm South Beach or A SWAMP??? Where would you rather live and play???

Brees and his agent are posturing.

finfan75 said:
I am no accountant so take this for what it's worth. You pay taxes where you reside not where your paycheck comes from. So if a player resides in a state with no state income tax then he doesnt have to pay that tax.

I live in MS, but work in TN. TN has no state income tax, but I pay MS state income tax. FYI

I hope Brees has fun in NO cause he will be on a losing team. Good luck.

You pay MS state taxes only because you are on your employers payroll. But if you owned a corporation, such as Finfan75, Inc., and your eomplyer made payments to your corp, your corp would then pay taxes on where the services were provided. I am 100% positive of this as i went to school 6 years for this crap

Back
Top Bottom