2009-2010 Miami Heat Thread: Race to the Finish | Page 37 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2009-2010 Miami Heat Thread: Race to the Finish

Dorrel Wright is coming on as of late and is still young. We should be sure to keep him. What I'd do for next season is this:

re-Sign Dwayne Wade (obviously)
re-Sign Dorrell Wright
re-Sign Udonis Haslem
re-Sign Carlos Arroyle

take up option on Mario Chamlers and Michael Beasley

Sign Amare Stoudamire

I think Wright is ready to start and can average at least 15 ppg he has shown he can. my starting line-up would be

C Stoudamire
PF Haslem
SF Wright
SG Wade
PG Arroyle

with Beasley and Chamlers being two main bench players

I know Amare isnt a true center and this would leave us without a center but we can go to a up typo offense and score a ton of points. Haslem and Amare will give us the rebounding edge on most teams. and Haslem and Wade are two top defenders at their positions. idk what will happen this offseason but I want Wright, Wade, and Haslem all to be back

I know Amare isnt a true center and this would leave us without a center but we can go to a up typo offense and score a ton of points. Haslem and Amare will give us the rebounding edge on most teams. and Haslem and Wade are two top defenders at their positions. idk what will happen this offseason but I want Wright, Wade, and Haslem all to be back

Wright is gone. Haslem is probably gone as well, unless he takes a big hometown discount or Riley figures out a way to get Amare or Bosh in a sign and trade deal that doesn't involve him.

The only way the Heat can keep any of their free agents is if they acquire their big name via a sign and trade.....if they go through free agency they have to revoke the rights of all their free agents prior to signing the big fish. I'm guessing the Riley's first attempt will be to get Bosh via a sign and trade involving a combo of Haslem/Wright/Beasley/O'Neal/Cook/draft picks.....if Toronto wants any of that. If that works out they will still have the Bird rights to all the remaining free agents and they can try to fill the holes with players already on the roster. But in order to do the sign and trade you still have to have someone that the other team wants, and I don't think Phoenix or Toronto are going to place a high value on Beasley or anyone else on this roster.

Wright is gone. Haslem is probably gone as well, unless he takes a big hometown discount or Riley figures out a way to get Amare or Bosh in a sign and trade deal that doesn't involve him.

The only way the Heat can keep any of their free agents is if they acquire their big name via a sign and trade.....if they go through free agency they have to revoke the rights of all their free agents prior to signing the big fish. I'm guessing the Riley's first attempt will be to get Bosh via a sign and trade involving a combo of Haslem/Wright/Beasley/O'Neal/Cook/draft picks.....if Toronto wants any of that. If that works out they will still have the Bird rights to all the remaining free agents and they can try to fill the holes with players already on the roster. But in order to do the sign and trade you still have to have someone that the other team wants, and I don't think Phoenix or Toronto are going to place a high value on Beasley or anyone else on this roster.

I also see Rudy Gay as a possiblity but he wants alot of money I bet. What do you think this team looks like next year? Wade and Bosh/Amare with a bunch of scrubs? worth noting is as long as Toronto makes the playoffs we get their 1st round pick and we already have one. so two mid 1st round picks maybe we can find one starter there

They only go after Gay if everything else has failed. Not only will Memphis probably match most any reasonable offer, but they can delay their decision long enough, not allowing Miami to pursue any other free agents.

The top two targets are obviously Bosh and Amare. Lebron is probably a fantasy. Assuming Bosh and Amare want to leave, they will look to go to a place via sign and trade, so they can get the max 6 year deal. But I'm not sure either Toronto or Phoenix will want to take any contracts back, so they may be destined to leave as free agents.

If Miami can't work out a sign and trade for either player, they'll revoke their rights to everyone on this roster except for Wade, Beasley, Cook, Chalmers, and Anthony. That'll give them ~25 mil in cap space assuming Wade takes the max offer. Life in Heat land will get really exciting if Wade waffles and waits for Miami to sign another player before re-upping his deal.

Best case scenario I see is if Riley somehow convinces Toronto or Phoenix to do a sign and trade, but honestly I can't look at this roster and see anything they'd want enough to take on a bunch of new contracts that add up to the 17 mil needed. So I'd guess its Amare/Bosh coming as a free agent, one other mid level type free agent signing, and a bunch of minimum players/draft picks to round out the roster.

vet min free agent/pick/Chalmers
Wade/Cook
vet min free agent/pick
Haslem
Bosh or Amare/Anthony

If I had any confidence in Riley's drafting ability I'd say the two first rounders could yield a solid starter and rotation player but I don't, so honestly I'd rather see him trade them away in a sign and trade deal if it means the Heat can keep some of the vets on this roster.

I think it's gonna be tough. You know what you will get from Wade and Haslem, I think if we are to advance Beasley has got to really step up and be the consistent #2 scorer for us. If he struggles I think we will be in trouble.

I'm really looking forward to the LA/OKC series, I don't know if Westbrook, Durant, and Green can knock the Lakers off but it will be interesting to watch.

The Celtics are going to be really tough. Garnett can have his way with Beasley in the post, Perkins is too strong for any of Miami's bigs, Allen can run off screens all day to wear Wade down, and the Heat have noone that can stay in front of Rondo. They better hope O'Neal is healthy and his fadeaway jumper is falling since hes the only other guy you can reliably run the offense through. If Wade has to carry the offensive load all game and play D hes gonna have nothing left at the end.

Beasley should be able to take advantage of Garnett's immobility on the offensive end but hes so inconsistent. If he shows any of that lackadaisical play, or starts taking jumpers, hes going to the bench.

Back
Top Bottom