2011 1st round prospects | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2011 1st round prospects

Being a Maryland Alumnist I watch a lot of tap on the Terps and they have some legit NFL prospects this year..

*Cameron Chism-CB
*Antwain Perez-FS
*Alex Wujack-ILB
*Da'Rel Scott-RB
*Torey Smith-WR

I doubt Torey Smith declares but he is a play-maker. Scott is a play-maker and it will be interesting to see how he bounces back from injury. Wujack and Chism are 2nd Round prospects.

If Quizz Rodgers isn't worth a 1st round pick then there aren't any RB's that are... (other than Ingram)...

Michael Floyd is going to have a harder time producing this season IMO, even though they're going to a spread type offense... They're breaking in a new system, with a sophomore quarterback who isn't quite Jimmy Clausen... and with Tate gone (who produced even better when Floyd was out injured) defenses are going to focus on stopping Floyd.... Brian Kelly isn't going to use Kyle Rudolph the way he should be used...

I think Duval Kumara is in for a substantial year of production at ND as defenses focus on Floyd and Rudolph and the WR's are flooding zones in Brian Kelly's offense allowing Kumara to take advantage.... the schedule sets up favorably for Notre Dame this year.... even though they travel to USC, who is in for a down year...

I like Wujciak as a prospect.... I think his size is ideal to play inside in a 3-4 system, but I don't think he gets off blocks well enough.... tackling machine though...

I'm curious to see if Dave Megget's son (can't remember his name) gets any significant playing time this year to spell Da'Rel Scott.... If Scott doesn't stay healthy then I guess we'll be finding out....

I want to see how good UNC's defense can be with Marvin Austin, Robert Quinn, Quan Sturdivant, Bruce Carter, Kendric Burney, Deunta Williams, and Charles Brown. their offense won't be too shabby either...

For UNC it boils down to quarterback play... they're only going as far as Yates takes them.... and I don't think he's good enough to get them to the ACC CG... We're going to find out what UNC is made of right off the bat when they play LSU...

Definitely a loaded defense... but I think Marvin Austin is still more recruiting hype than substance to this point....

Speaking of UNC...Quan Sturdivant has recently been arrested for drug possession.... Whether Butch suspends him or not is unknown at this point...

As if the LSU game wasn't going to be tough enough as it is... they could be facing them without arguably their best linebacker..

omg does kyle rudolph look explosive with the ball in his hands...dude is legit...great soft hands too...what's the thoughts on his teammate rb robert hughes...looks like an explosive downhill carry the pile load with some receiving skills...hits the hole with a purpose

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2XeaZp-lm4&feature=fvsr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dx-_PUqUZI&feature=related

Dude is listed at 5'11", 245 lbs. That's very impressive if the case considering his explosiveness. Pairing him with a change of pace back would be great. If we were to lose both Ricky and Ronnie after this season, I can see us easily taking two backs and Hughes would have to be looked at for sure.

I really like Hughes as a power back, but he's only started 6 games in his career..... I have no idea why they've never given him more carries at Notre Dame than he's had.... they haven't had a back better than him since he's been there... yet Weis always chose to give more carries to lesser backs...

I look for the same thing to happen this year as Hughes splits carries with Armando Allen and possibly even a few freshman.... the buzz around Hughes will begin after the season is over and scouts start realizing that there was potentially a hidden gem here all along...

I really like Hughes as a power back, but he's only started 6 games in his career..... I have no idea why they've never given him more carries at Notre Dame than he's had.... they haven't had a back better than him since he's been there... yet Weis always chose to give more carries to lesser backs...

I look for the same thing to happen this year as Hughes splits carries with Armando Allen and possibly even a few freshman.... the buzz around Hughes will begin after the season is over and scouts start realizing that there was potentially a hidden gem here all along...

He runs tough. He's a bit like McClain it seems. He'd be someone to help wear down defenses and then you get a faster back in there and let him run past them.

Maybe even a Ryan Williams in round 1 and Hughes later. That's if both Ricky and Ronnie are gone.

i think hughes has more wiggle than mcclain and is quicker into the hole...and much more of a weapon with the ball on the perimeter in the passing game...

i like what i see there...fior a power back with some wiggle and explosion...

for my money ryan williams isn't on kyle rudophs level as an overall pro prospect...he's a top 20 pick as a pass catcher alone...add in that the kid can really block and i think he'd have fasano's job in no time...that kids explosive in the passing game also and what great hands...

and i'm hard pressed to not take rudolph over even mark ingram if given the choice...i think rudolph is DA GOODS

Back
Top Bottom