2011 1st round prospects | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2011 1st round prospects

He runs tough. He's a bit like McClain it seems. He'd be someone to help wear down defenses and then you get a faster back in there and let him run past them.

Maybe even a Ryan Williams in round 1 and Hughes later. That's if both Ricky and Ronnie are gone.

McClain is a pretty decent comparison for Hughes. Hughes gets to carry the ball more than McClain did at Bama... McClain almost never carried the ball for Bama... but McClain is bigger than Hughes and more of a true fullback... Hughes has better running back skills than McClain has...

McClain always had more talented runners ahead of him during his Bama days too... (Shaud Williams, Kenneth Darby, Glen Coffee, Roy Upchurch, Terry Grant, etc.)... that just hasn't been the case with Hughes IMO... I cant figure out why they never used him more to soften up defenses for the faster guys....

Driscoll, you might want to take Obi Ezeh off your list as a prospect to watch. As a Michigan fan, I can tell you he and Jonas Mouton have both regressed terribly over the last 2 years and both have been benched countless times last year for poor play. If you want a Wolverine to watch, look at DT Mike Martin; hard worker, one of the strongest guys in the Big 10, and a smart player.

While we may not be in dire need for a Center, PSU center Stephen Wisinewski is a very underrated prospect. Yeah he's arguably a top 2-3 interior OL prospect this year, but I don't think people realize just how good he is.

While not a first round prospect, I think Evan Royster is also worth a look. Great vision and balance, and another smart player.

And after this draft, we only have to wait one more for Vontez Burfect to be eligible.

Obi Ezeh is.... lets just say I'm not impressed...

Wisniewski however, is a chip off the ol' block... reminds me a lot of his father.. who I watched for years... Wisniewski is the 3rd best guard prospect in the draft behind Orlando Franklin and Rodney Hudson IMO....throw John Moffitt in there too... I might even prefer Wisniewski over Hudson due to his physical, mauling style.... but Hudson is a flat out surgeon at the LG position... ideal for a ZBS...

Burfect has a shot to end up in Patrick Willis territory as a linebacker prospect IMO... I'd take him right now over any linebacker in the country even as a sophomore...

McClain is a pretty decent comparison for Hughes. Hughes gets to carry the ball more than McClain did at Bama... McClain almost never carried the ball for Bama... but McClain is bigger than Hughes and more of a true fullback... Hughes has better running back skills than McClain has...

McClain always had more talented runners ahead of him during his Bama days too... (Shaud Williams, Kenneth Darby, Glen Coffee, Roy Upchurch, Terry Grant, etc.)... that just hasn't been the case with Hughes IMO... I cant figure out why they never used him more to soften up defenses for the faster guys....

Because we had that idiot Shula there..
Master of the 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense,yet doesn't run the big man.

My bad Ted..I misread your post.

Obi Ezeh is.... lets just say I'm not impressed...

Wisniewski however, is a chip off the ol' block... reminds me a lot of his father.. who I watched for years... Wisniewski is the 3rd best guard prospect in the draft behind Orlando Franklin and Rodney Hudson IMO....throw John Moffitt in there too... I might even prefer Wisniewski over Hudson due to his physical, mauling style.... but Hudson is a flat out surgeon at the LG position... ideal for a ZBS...

Burfect has a shot to end up in Patrick Willis territory as a linebacker prospect IMO... I'd take him right now over any linebacker in the country even as a sophomore...

yeah my point was Ezeh is REALLY bad right now. He is VERY raw as a LB still (recruited to Michigan as a RB moved to LB 3 summers ago), and has shown flashes of promise, but he cannot run a defense (which is a must as a MIKE), he cannot shed a block, he cannot blitz, and he cannot cover. Michigan's best LB was true Freshmen Craig Roh, who more than likely will not be an LB this year, but his natural position of DE (though Roh will be a damn good 3-4 OLB prospect if he fills out like expected)

i think von miller is a bit overrated off the tape i've seen...

at rb ryan williams or mark ingram please...

i can't wait to see the pro olb prospect from bama this year who missed last year due to injury...name escapes me at the moment

deandre mcdaniel is another top notch safety prospect

kyle rudolph would look damn good in our uni also...stud te
i'd love to see him in a phins uni playing FS for us...and as far as Mark Ingram's concerned,i'd be worried that him winning the Heisman would be a curse in the pros...past Heisman winners just haven't fared all that well in the NFL...

i'd love to see him in a phins uni playing FS for us...and as far as Mark Ingram's concerned,i'd be worried that him winning the Heisman would be a curse in the pros...past Heisman winners just haven't fared all that well in the NFL...

The Heisman curse mainly applies to quarterbacks.... But it's not really a curse... it's not some mysterious voo-doo...

It's because the Heisman trophy is all about inflated stats for quarterbacks... Most of the time you have to be playing in some sort of gimmick system in college that inflates your stats enough to win the Heisman... a system that doesn't translate to the NFL...

More than half of Mark Ingram's yards came AFTER CONTACT.... which is one of the main keys here...

Jim McElwain runs an NFL style power rushing attack....

The Heisman curse mainly applies to quarterbacks.... But it's not really a curse... it's not some mysterious voo-doo...

It's because the Heisman trophy is all about inflated stats for quarterbacks... Most of the time you have to be playing in some sort of gimmick system in college that inflates your stats enough to win the Heisman... a system that doesn't translate to the NFL...

More than half of Mark Ingram's yards came AFTER CONTACT.... which is one of the main keys here...

Jim McElwain runs an NFL style power rushing attack....

If Mark's play falls off...just hand it to Trent..problem solved.

We're going to be handing it to Trent anyway... he's just too damn talented...

Ingram's getting better too though... scary thought, eh...

We're going to be handing it to Trent anyway... he's just too damn talented...

Ingram's getting better too though... scary thought, eh...

I also want to see what Lacy can do.

Lacy would be starting for just about any other team in the SEC... I think he's going to play pretty much the same role Upchurch did last year...

Rudolph is the best TE prospect I've seen since I was scouting A. Gates as a basketball player . . . Seriously, though, best TE prospect in a few years.

I dont know, I think Rudolph is somewhere in the Heath Miller/Todd Heap territory as a prospect... except without the production of those two players.. Rudolph had basically the exact same production as a sophomore that he did as a freshman... 700 yards and 5 TD's in 2 years is hardly "greatest TE since Gates" territory... Rudolph had a lot of opportunities with guys like Tate and Floyd on either side of him...

Here's the problem with Rudolph... he doesn't get it done in the redzone.. which is critical for a TE. It could be because Weis didn't use him correctly (as I've suggested before), and I don't expect that to change much under Brian Kelly.. Or, it's due to the fact that he doesn't track the ball well in the air (the way a guy like Gresham did for example).. Which is what makes Rudolph less effective on fade routes, etc. in the endzone...

He runs good routes, has good speed, size, athletic ability, RAC ability, and he's a good blocker.... but he does have weaknesses that he needs to work on and improve in his junior year. He's probably the best TE prospect of a slightly weak overall class, because all the other guys have warts too. I'd have him as a late round 1 prospect to team that doesn't already have an entrenched big time TE if he can improve some of his weaknesses..... basically a team like Miami, Arizona, Carolina, etc...

Back
Top Bottom