*** 2013 NBA Finals *** | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** 2013 NBA Finals ***

It isn't rigged. But don't also cry that the refs were ****ing the Heat over. No one wants the Spurs to win it. It isn't good for Big Brother.

Even though I feel like the calls were going more in favor of the Spurs, I'll never blame the refs for any win or loss. In every game, there are questionable calls both ways.

That has happened in every single NBA game. Preseason, regular season, playoffs and Finals.

Miami won this game tonight. San Antonio didn't lose it. Had San Antonio won tonight, it would have been me saying San Antonio won it more than Miami lost it.

LeBron lover or hater, Heat lover or hater, tonight we all seen one of the most excited Finals games in the history of the league.

I haven't watched an NBA game in years. I watched pretty religiously in the 80s and early 90s. The last game I watched was a Lakers v. Sacramento playoff game probably 10 years ago. I swore off pro ball after that game because the reffing was so poor/fixed. Later it turned out that was one of the games reffed by Tim Donaghy. After watching the 4th quarter tonight on a whim it doesn't look like much has changed. The refs are biased or bought and paid for ... don't really care which one. It's just not worth watching. It's too bad because there was a p[oint at which the NBA did have integrity.

I'd absolutely LOVE to comment on this post, but as a staff member, l'll choose to refrain from commenting on your post's utter lack of objectivity.

SPURS IN SEVEN!

GO SPURS GO!

I don't understand how people are starting to feel like the NBA is like wrestling....you think people can hit a shot on que. If Ray Allen misses that three, its over, but he made it. What do you think the script was in this game? Were the Spurs supposed to win and Ray was supposed to miss that shot, or were we supposed to win all along and the entire script and millions of dollars were hanging on us getting a lucky rebound and Allen making a shot with time winding down. If you think Ray Allen is that godly to hit that automatically, then I want what you are on.

Bottom line:

Here's why the Spurs win in seven ...

[video=youtube;wyz_2DEah4o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyz_2DEah4o&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

... as Hannibal Smith said: "You've got yourself a good squad. Next time get a TEAM."

Write it down.

Even though I feel like the calls were going more in favor of the Spurs, I'll never blame the refs for any win or loss. In every game, there are questionable calls both ways.

That has happened in every single NBA game. Preseason, regular season, playoffs and Finals.

Miami won this game tonight. San Antonio didn't lose it. Had San Antonio won tonight, it would have been me saying San Antonio won it more than Miami lost it.

LeBron lover or hater, Heat lover or hater, tonight we all seen one of the most excited Finals games in the history of the league.

San Antonio absolutely lost the game tonight. They missed two critical free throws with less than half a minute a game, to pretty much seal it, and Popovich left Duncan out for those two 3s by LeBron and Allen, where both were generated from offensive rebounds. This is a game that the team in the Spurs position, win 99% of the time.

The "NBA is rigged" crowd makes me laugh.

Heat down 10...NBA is rigged.

Heat close it and take the lead...NBA is rigged.

So many swings of emotions there. I don't think that crowd knows what they're talking about.

For the NBA to be rigged, the players would have to be in on it. I don't see 24 guys as well as coaches being in on that big of a conspiracy.

Wrestling has two MAYBE three guys that "rig" an event or match. That's simple to control.

You can't rig big time baskets like Ray Allen's three going in.

Please, from this point forward, use those brains for thinking.

The "NBA is rigged" crowd makes me laugh.

Heat down 10...NBA is rigged.

Heat close it and take the lead...NBA is rigged.

So many swings of emotions there. I don't think that crowd knows what they're talking about.

For the NBA to be rigged, the players would have to be in on it. I don't see 24 guys as well as coaches being in on that big of a conspiracy.

Wrestling has two MAYBE three guys that "rig" an event or match. That's simple to control.

You can't rig big time baskets like Ray Allen's three going in.

Please, from this point forward, use those brains for thinking.
I do not believe in it, but when I think about it, the players still have to make the plays/shots when it all comes down to it. The leg they can stand on is the officiating, which can massage a game to favor a certain team, but like I said before, it all comes back to the players.

When you're up by 5 with less than 24 seconds to go in regulation, you're supposed to win that game. Missed free throws, giving up offensive rebounds, and turnovers in the last minute are to blame for the Spurs losing that game, not the refs. Questionable calls both ways...but that didn't decide the game. The Heat just made plays when it mattered most.

A truly epic game that will be an instant classic for sure. I'm sure game 7 will be just as exciting...good for the NBA and its fans.

The plan was simple. Let Timmy D score till he wore himself out.:chuckle:

That plus a little home town cooking just like the Spurs got in San Antonio.

Now lets see who REALLY wants that trophy.

I wanna know how Duncan was allowed to come into the game, with 5 seconds left in the 4th, when he was on the bench for the Allen 3? Officials going to replay does not count as a dead ball, neither team had a time out, and the substitution wasnt even announced, so there shouldnt have been substitutions allowed. Wouldnt there be some type of penalty or technical shot for that?

an epic game to say the least.

i along with the majority of america were rooting for the spurs, but it was not meant to be in game 6.

this is why ray allen is the greatest 3 pt shooter of all time, the guy is just money from 3, no matter the situation.

for whatever heat fans are saying game 7 will be a blowout, get real. the spurs are a veteran team, and a very good team. this team outplayed the heat in their building for the majority of the game, in a game the heat had to have in order to stave off elimination.

game 7 is a total tossup. unless miami comes out of the gates and goes on like a 20-5 run, or something crazy, this game should be a real nailbiter in either direction.

may the best team win, and may the refs stay the **** out of the game for both teams.

also, as much as i want the spurs to win, how do the refs miss these gigantic steps that ginobili takes? this guy does not just take the extra step, he takes like 10 steps no joke.

the spurs wont be rattled by game 6, this is a team with a 1st ballot hall of famer in tim duncan, a 1st ballot hall of famer in coach pop, a very very good pg, and they will not go down without a fight.

You never had a feeling throughout the game that refs were screwing us over? That 3rd quarter had me steaming. We drove in like 3 straight times, no call, and the Spurs got three straight 3 point plays just because Manu and Parker fly all over the place when they drive in. If it wasn't the Heat playing the Spurs today, I would feel for the other team.

Also, about 90% of America wants the Spurs to win it. Go on facebook, check ESPN's page, and click any Heat story. Every top comment is anti-Heat. Not sure what the NBA gains by having us win it all. If they want a dynasty or cute story, nothing seems better than Coach Pop and Duncan riding off into the sunset with their 5th ring.

When I say no one wants the Spurs to win, I mean the media and David Stern. The sports talk radio shows I've heard the entire finals talk more about James, Wade, and Bosh than anything else. They're marketable. Why else would "The Decision" have been an hour long special on ESPN? The Heat are a ratings grabber.

That is why I don't buy that the Heat were getting screwed by the refs.

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

Nothing worse than being excited then having your nuts kicked repeatedly. Sigh.

Back
Top Bottom