*** 2013 NBA Finals *** | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** 2013 NBA Finals ***

What about all the stiff arms Parker throws that are never called?
Or teh illegal Tim Duncan subtitution?
Or how teh Spurs got into the Bonus with over 7 mins left in the 3Q?
I could go on you know.

But its just better to point and laugh at Heat haters, its not like they are remotely intelligent anyway.

Interesting you'd call people who think the refs gave the Heat some calls haters and then idiots. Yet you fall into that same trap by claiming the opposite.

Interesting you'd call people who think the refs gave the Heat some calls haters and then idiots. Yet you fall into that same trap by claiming the opposite.

the guys using the term stiff arm and tony parker together...it's dumb to begin with in hoops but putting tony parker in with it is just laughable...parker doesn't use that off arm to create space any more than any other player in the nba...he just abused whoever of the pgs the heat put in front of him off the dribble and in the paint and even with his back to the basket...

you want to see a guy use a clear out arm every time he puts the ball on the floor check out carmelo anthony...

Actually Duncan was in the game illegally on the very last play in OT.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/k...n-in-game-6-duncan-was-on-the-floor-illegally

MIAMI -- On the Spurs' final possession of regulation in Game 6 Tuesday night, Tim Duncaninbounded the ball to Tony Parker, who raced up the court and lofted an errant, fallaway shot from the baseline at the buzzer. One of the best Finals games in years was going to overtime.
But rewind that: Duncan, who'd been subbed into the game following an official play stoppage for a replay review of Ray Allen's game-tying 3-pointer with 5.2 seconds left, shouldn't have been on the floor. The league office confirmed Wednesday that Duncan had been substituted into the game illegally after the replay stoppage.
What does this mean? Since the Spurs didn't score on that possession and ultimately lost 103-100 in overtime, it doesn't mean much. A mistake was made, a rule was misapplied, but it didn't affect the outcome of the game.
But what if it had? If the Spurs had scored on the final possession of regulation and won the championship on that play, all holy hell would've broken loose. The Heat could've -- and presumably would've -- filed a protest with the league office over the Duncan substitution. Under the league's protest guidelines, there would've been an expedited ruling from commissioner David Stern.
If the Heat had won the protest, the Heat and Spurs -- and all the rest of us -- would've had to reconvene in Miami to pick up Game 6 from the point where the rule was misapplied with 5.2 seconds left and the score tied at 95.
Seriously, can you imagine?

sounds just like the nba to punish the players in this case the spurs for the mistakes their own hand picked officials for the game make...nothing like a loophole...i wish they'd use that loophole on some of those awful calls and momentum changers they screw up on a gamely basis

They are just letting both teams play like they should.

Note: not one technical foul the whole series. i think there were a dozen during the Indiana contests.

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine if Duncan hit the game winner when he was illegally substituted...I really wonder what the NBA would have done. Part of me kind of wanted to see it happen at the expense of my team possibly losing lol. At the time though, I did not even realize they put him in the game.

Couple more hours to go though. Good luck Spurs fans, its been a good series, and I don't want to hear any excuses from the losing team. The officiating has been alright this series, but at the end of the day, all the game are a scratch, and this is all that matters. Its the super bowl of the NBA, and I hope its a good one.

Spurs Nation prepares for our 5th Title tonight ...

GO SPURS GO!

Like I said before 3 finals in 3 years so i'm good even if the Spurs win.

In fact if any team was going to beat us I'd rather it be the Spurs.

great team. great coach , zero trash talk , true professionals.

Hate to do it but you're going down :420:

Couple more hours to go though. Good luck Spurs fans, its been a good series, and I don't want to hear any excuses from the losing team. The officiating has been alright this series, but at the end of the day, all the game are a scratch, and this is all that matters. Its the super bowl of the NBA, and I hope its a good one.

well said 1020 :up:

Heat run the Spurs out of the arena 2nd half.

Back
Top Bottom