2013 NBA free agency and offseason thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2013 NBA free agency and offseason thread

thats alright, i just believe so many people now, with obviously the heat winning back to back, the pacers having that big playoff run, with george having his coming out party and taking the heat to 7 games, and with all the moves the nets have made, i feel people are just totally forgetting about the bulls.

this bulls team when rose was healthy had the best record in the nba in back to back seasons, winning 60 plus games in roses mvp season 2010-2011, followed by 50 wins in a 66 game lockout shortened season.

this bulls team also played the heat pretty physical this past postseason, with a lottery team type lineup (ok maybe i am pushing it a bit but an extemely banged up team without rose, deng, and hinrich,) and if healthy, they still imo are at worst the 2nd best team in the east, or dare i say the league.

To me the Bulls give the Heat trouble not because of Rose but because of Noah, Gibson, and Boozer. The combination of size and length and quickness lets them do things on the defensive end that no other team in the league can do against the Heat. And Boozer just beats up on the Heat frontline.

The Heat made Rose into a very ordinary player, and unless he has developed a consistent jumper in this time off I don't see any different outcome.

thats alright, i just believe so many people now, with obviously the heat winning back to back, the pacers having that big playoff run, with george having his coming out party and taking the heat to 7 games, and with all the moves the nets have made, i feel people are just totally forgetting about the bulls.

this bulls team when rose was healthy had the best record in the nba in back to back seasons, winning 60 plus games in roses mvp season 2010-2011, followed by 50 wins in a 66 game lockout shortened season.

this bulls team also played the heat pretty physical this past postseason, with a lottery team type lineup (ok maybe i am pushing it a bit but an extemely banged up team without rose, deng, and hinrich,) and if healthy, they still imo are at worst the 2nd best team in the east, or dare i say the league.

First things first...rose needs to play and show he is all the way back...those young players on the pacers will only get better...Hibberts soft touch around the rim is already damn good and Paul George has become a high end defender and even shown he can beat James off the dribble...pacers need a pure shooting perimeter player

Saw this posted elsewhere. Thought it was pretty funny

microfib4thewin wrote:
How to become a champion by Kobe Bryant:

-Force your way into the best professional sports organization who just signed Shaq

-Get to work with the best coach in NBA history

-Have the organization continously gift you stars after stars so you can retain your alpha dog status

-Be able to scowl like this: [FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_QRuLvP73BI/TxN9ej-jJYI/AAAAAAAAALY/V9WNj4P4QXA/s400/Kobeface.jpg[/FONT]

-Be willing to take credit even if you do not deserve it

-Be very talkative when the media asks questions about the shortcoming of your teammates

-When reporters ask you questions implying your shortcomings redirect the question with another question, or you could just follow Kobe and say I don't give a ****

-Do things that the crowd pay attention to, including:

Shooting a contested jumper
Going for a layup against a triple team
Making fancy passes with a high chance of committing a turnover
Act like he's paying great attention when he's defending on the ball

-Do not do things that people don't notice, including:

Setting screens
Fighting through screens
Close out on shooters
Act as a spot up shooter
Paying attention when guarding someone off the ball
Execute proper team offense, the crowd doesn't like it when things look easy

-When the team starts to disappoint, proclaim that you are too much of a winner to stay in this organization

-Pretend that you care about charity by announcing a charity event, and hope that people do not remember about you being fined for skipping on one during an all star break

-Always play with minor injuries so people can think you as a warrior, being able to use injury as an excuse for bad performance is a bonus

-Avoid taking charges to preserve your lower back. You do not want to risk a major injury because you want to be in the spotlight as much as possible. Playing with a broken finger or two is simple, playing with a damaged spine isn't

Shame on Howard on not trying to learn from a 5 time winner.

I like Eric Bledsoe...liked him coming out of uk...I don't like that trade for the clips...I wish Boston would have acquired him...explosive player I think will give you more with more minutes...

I have mixed feelings. Bledsoe is a better player. The Clippers, though, need a quality shooter more than they need a back up PG. I've been a Clippers fan for a while - just recently got rid of my L. Odom jersey - and (for a change) it's an exciting time for the franchise. Realistically, though, we need Griffin to step up in a big way, or we need more help.

Exciting hire for Boston. Given the rebuilding mode, I think it's a great move.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Andre Igoudala has reached agreement with Golden State on a four year, $48 million deal with the Warriors, league source tells Y! Sports.

Woj reporting that Iguodala signs a 4 yr/$48 deal with the Warriors. Probably means they're out of the Dwight sweepstakes.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Josh Smith has agreed to a four year, $56 million deal with the Detroit Pistons, league sources tell Y! Sports.

I don't like this signing for the Pistons. I assume they'll have Smith play the 3, but I don't think that suits him at all.

I don't like this signing for the Pistons. I assume they'll have Smith play the 3, but I don't think that suits him at all.

I don't get it either. They have Drummond and Monroe who are two great young 4/5s, where does Smith fit? He is a terrible outside shot for a small forward. But then again its probably a win this year move, if Milwaukee can make the playoffs with Jennings, Ellis and garbage the Pistons should be able to with their roster.

I don't get it either. They have Drummond and Monroe who are two great young 4/5s, where does Smith fit? He is a terrible outside shot for a small forward. But then again its probably a win this year move, if Milwaukee can make the playoffs with Jennings, Ellis and garbage the Pistons should be able to with their roster.
To me, this has Dumars trying to save his job written all over it.

How did Dumars keep his job after the Gordon and Villaneuva fiascoes?

This makes no sense at all.

Back
Top Bottom