2016 Coaching Data Base | Page 159 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 Coaching Data Base

Ravens hired former Vikings head coach Leslie Frazier as team’s secondary coach.@AdamSchefter

Report: Eagles interested in Schwartz for DC tinyurl.com/j9s3agg

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago
If the #Titans, as expected, hand Mike Mularkey the job, the plan is for a short-term extension. And he'll have to hire a new OC.

#Browns have informed OC John DeFilippo that he has been released from his contract, source said.
@caplannfl @alexmarvez

Carlie Irsay ‏@cirsay 18m18 minutes ago

We lost a great coach, player, and man today in our @Colts family. Love you Coach Marchibroda. #OneFamily

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 2m2 minutes ago

Colts announce that former Colts and Ravens coach Ted Marchibroda has died

Judy Battista ‏@judybattista 1m1 minute ago

Young "Billy" Belichick had a $25/week job breaking down film and driving Ted Marchibroda to work for the Baltimore Colts in the mid 70's.

Rich Eisen Verified account
‏@richeisen

The man who gave Bill Belichick his first coaching job in the NFL has passed away at the 84. RIP, Ted Marchibroda @Colts

Buffalo Bills ‏@buffalobills 6m6 minutes ago

The entire Bills organization mourns the passing of Ted Marchibroda, a beloved coach and man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marchibroda was a good offensive mind. His Baltimore Colts squads with Bert Jones and Lydell Mitchell in the mid to late 70s were a pain. They had a short lived run but Bert Jones was tough in his day. Then Marchibroda had kind of an unusual career track as he was forgotten forever as an assistant and came back as Head coach with good offensive teams.

have to agree, I feel like I hear "weak class" virtually everytime we look for a coach or gm

I thought this was a theoretically very strong class of head coaching candidates. First, there were several candidates with demonstrable prior head coaching success; second, not one team waited to hire a qualified candidate from a remaining playoff team. Even the Titans are said to promote Mularkey.

Who was the best qualified candidate the year the Dolphins hired Philbin? Mike McCoy? Chuck Pagano? Jeff Fisher? Really?

Eagles QB coach Ryan Day expected to join the staff of #49ers coach Chip Kelly, sources say, either as QB coach or offensive coordinator

No Lazor

Eagles QB coach Ryan Day expected to join the staff of #49ers coach Chip Kelly, sources say, either as QB coach or offensive coordinator

No Lazor

Lazor was on the verge of being fired in Philly because his relationship with Nick Foles was worse than Joe Philbin's relationship with Mike Wallace at the end of 2014.

IMO that makes me more inclined to believe that rumor was true.

Just saw that Joe Philbin was hired as Offensive line coach and Asst. Head Coach of the Colts.

Lazor was on the verge of being fired in Philly because his relationship with Nick Foles was worse than Joe Philbin's relationship with Mike Wallace at the end of 2014.

IMO that makes me more inclined to believe that rumor was true.

Is there a pattern here?
Both QBs had a career year with Lazor, then a complete falling-out afterwards?
How does a guy let that happen twice lol
(Just my hunch that he had a strained relationship with Tanne. It definitely seemed like it watching them on the sidelines, plus the inept offense and all).

Is there a pattern here?
Both QBs had a career year with Lazor, then a complete falling-out afterwards?
How does a guy let that happen twice lol
(Just my hunch that he had a strained relationship with Tanne. It definitely seemed like it watching them on the sidelines, plus the inept offense and all).

I don't have ~sources~ but every rumor I've read (i.e. twitter) is that Lazor and Tannehill were definitely not best buddies. Meshes with the story from last year from Darlington that the O players were real pissed at Lazor.

To quote my #1 inside source on all things Dolphins (it's Chambers :lol:), "Lazor is a my way or the highway kind of guy."

I don't have ~sources~ but every rumor I've read (i.e. twitter) is that Lazor and Tannehill were definitely not best buddies. Meshes with the story from last year from Darlington that the O players were real pissed at Lazor.

To quote my #1 inside source on all things Dolphins (it's Chambers :lol:), "Lazor is a my way or the highway kind of guy."

I haven't let you down yet have I?

Lazor is just one of those guys who seems to get too ambitious for his own good. He's a good teacher, but he'll put his desire to move up over doing a good job.

---------- Post added at 04:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 AM ----------

Didn't see this posted in the last few pages:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14583759/tennessee-titans-hire-mike-mularkey-head-coach

Reeks of a team throwing a season away.

yeah, and nobody wants to sign on for a team with such an unclear ownership situation

[TWEET]688694090989305856[/TWEET]

Same old same old

This is just crazy. Gonna be a whole different AFC in a few years when both retire. They should retire the same year to make the Hall of Fame ceremony special.

Back
Top Bottom