2016 Coaching Data Base | Page 158 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 Coaching Data Base

I got to be honest that Coughlin interested me in some respects. However, looking at his body of work the last few years gives me pause. Plus, people rave about his presser leaving NY. I saw him leave his best player in the game after he lost his mind. Either TC kept him in to win the game and save his own ass or he did not know what was going on....neither is good.

I think it was he didn't really have a real grasp of the seriousness because he's not watching w the same angles we all see on tv and the constant replays. They replayed the helmet to helmet hit at least 10 times I almost turned it off.

But no one ever brings up the fact that OBJ was the reason they even had a chance in that game, and leaving him in IMO with the playoffs on the line, was the right call.

Not a good day for TC, OBJ, or the Giants in general but there was some redemption there and it was a close game at the end with the Giants playing for a playoff spot. You can't take him out , IMO. Talk to him, calm him down, but don't take out your absolute best player on the team unless the refs do it for you.

So how do you think the Dolphins did compared to the other team HC hires.

I wasn't a big Gase guy for our situation, but I think we ended up with a better hire than a lot of teams.

The Eagles are killing their hire (he would have been killed here too), Chip Kelly will be a disaster in SF (and would have been here too), Hue Jackson, not sure how that will pan out in Cleveland.

I would have preferred Hue over Gase here because of his HC experience, but who knows.

My top choice Shanahan didn't even gets shot with other teams... I still think he would have been a good fit here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How the he heck is Chip Kelly going to work in SF? They booted Harbaugh because he wanted too much power and was controlling. Chip is like double that. That will be a disaster

the yes man didnt exactly work out, if this doesnt hire doesnt work the gm will be fired and have no power at all

Lions are retaining HC Jim Caldwell, league sources told ESPN.
9:11am - 15 Jan 16@AdamSchefter

How the he heck is Chip Kelly going to work in SF? They booted Harbaugh because he wanted too much power and was controlling. Chip is like double that. That will be a disaster

And I'm sure his plan is to go in there and get rid of all their top players .. fortunately they don't have any so this just may work out :)

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora · 56m56 minutes ago
Name to keep an eye on in regards to Bengals DC job is former Cincy assistant Kevin Coyle

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora · 1m1 minute ago
Sorry - meant Browns DC for Kevin Coyle in that previous tweet!

Mike Smith joins Bucs as defensive coordinator tinyurl.com/znapfbv

Lots of other news out there - assistant coaches moving around gettiing signed with new team.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora · 56m56 minutes ago
Name to keep an eye on in regards to Bengals DC job is former Cincy assistant Kevin Coyle

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora · 1m1 minute ago
Sorry - meant Browns DC for Kevin Coyle in that previous tweet!

Does Jackson have any ties to Coyle? I feel like they weren't in Cinci at the same time, though just guessing.

Surprised he'd even get a mention for a lateral move. Guy lost his locker-room, I dunno how you just do it all again somewhere else so soon after that.

Peter Schrager ‏@PSchrags 21m21 minutes ago

Hearing HOUSTON TEXANS are closing in on a deal with ex Giants Special Teams asst Larry Izzo to be their new ST coordinator. @NFLonFOX

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 2m2 minutes ago

Larry Izzo is a Houston native who starred at Rice and was 1 of greatest special teams players in history with Patriots.

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 2m2 minutes ago

Texans hire Houston native, former Rice star and Pro Bowl special-teams ace Larry Izzo as new special-teams coach

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Jackson have any ties to Coyle? I feel like they weren't in Cinci at the same time, though just guessing.

Surprised he'd even get a mention for a lateral move. Guy lost his locker-room, I dunno how you just do it all again somewhere else so soon after that.

Yeah, I wouldn't think anyone would hire him for DC, maybe DB coach with the Bengals.

In a radio interview, new Browns coach Hue Jackson said he is not planning to hire an offensive coordinator.
"Right now in my mind, I don't really plan on having an offensive coordinator," Jackson said, "because I want to reserve that right to call plays." Even when the head coach calls plays, teams will traditionally give the top assistant a coordinator title. The Browns are deviating far from tradition this offseason, so it is possible no coach is given the coordinator tag. Even so, Jackson will certainly bring in several coaches to assist on the offensive side. Ex-Colts OC Pep Hamilton was interviewed Friday and could be added with an assistant head coach title.
Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

Back
Top Bottom