2016 NFL Draft Fallout: Albert expendable in Miami? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 NFL Draft Fallout: Albert expendable in Miami?

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Let me start by saying - this is not my opinion. Let me also state that the author thinks that Dennis Hickey is still the GM.

[h=4]Branden Albert, LT[/h] If they designate Albert as a Post June 1st cut then the Dolphins stand to save a shade under $3 million by releasing the big left tackle. It would be a bold strategy – after all Laremy Tunsil is entirely untested at this level of football. However Branden Albert is yet to play a full season for Miami since signing as a free agent and his $10 million cap figure for 2016 only increases over the next two years. Tunsil was a consensus top 5 talent in this draft and mostly feel because of poor timing rather than the actual indiscretion that got leaked. That fall was Miami’s gain and they have a ready replacement for Albert – It’s just a question of if they go to him immediately or wait a while.
Read more at http://www.realsport101.com/2016-nfl-draft-fallout-albert-expendable-in-miami/#7Vj4l5xIdGF6RRSx.99

Let's see how Albert plays before writing him off after this season. Let's also see how Tunsil plays before anointing him.

Never liked the Albert signing to begin with knowing his injury history, but at THIS point, I definitely do not want to cut him. He's been absolute garbage in terms of value, but we may finally have a chance at a good OL for once. This idea is ludicrous.

3 million isn't worth it....more valuable starting and mentoring Tunsil...allowing us to solidify the line playing the talented Tunsil at a spot also.

Yeah he has more value this year. If rather cut him when his cap money means something. I hope he accepts the guard position this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hated the albert deal from day one, but he will start for us this year (I would have moved him to LG) well, at least until he goes on IR

Albert knows he's playing for his next/last deal THIS YEAR because he'll be cut next year. If he can stay healthy I'm pretty sure you'll see a highly motivated LT. That being said ,cutting Albert would be foolish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albert has been on the record as saying no to playing OG. Starting Tunsil at OG is equally as foolish, but I expect Miami to do just that.

Trade Albert to a contender NYG? take the 4th or maybe 3rd. Use Albert salary to sign both a LG and RG; post July 1st cap cuts and get on with football.

You have the left side of the line comprised of first round talent. A first round talent at RT. Why on earth would you want to blow that up? All the ability is there for once and somehow people think it's a good idea to lose part of it for a few million we don't need to save? This OL will be great or terrible based on coaching. If the coaching is there then Tannehill will stay clean and we will win games.

3 million isn't worth it....more valuable starting and mentoring Tunsil...allowing us to solidify the line playing the talented Tunsil at a spot also.

If the number was huge, like 10 or 11 million maybe - but at 3 million? and considering the situation we have had on the OL, shouldn't even be a consideration.

He's been absolute garbage in terms of value

GARBAGE????

The value you are looking for, you can find that at your local Wal-Mart. When Albert, Pouncey & James were starting, we only lost 1 or 2 games last seasons. Now here comes the talented and athletic Tunsil. Imagine what this OL willl look like.

Back
Top Bottom