2016 NFL Draft Fallout: Albert expendable in Miami? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 NFL Draft Fallout: Albert expendable in Miami?

hated the albert deal from day one, but he will start for us this year (I would have moved him to LG) well, at least until he goes on IR

hated it after a season where Tannehill was sacked 1,000 times?
Miami gets blamed for going after the #1 free agent and position of need?

If anything, you trade him. You don't cut him to save only $3M

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

The only trade I would consider is a top 15 guard under age 30 with no injury history. Otherwise, it is foolish to move Albert this year. Injuries will happen and we need all the depth to keep Tannehill upright.

If you trade Albert, you save $5.015M. I personally don't care what he thinks and should play him at G. Tunsil & Albert would be great. On a more positive note, you save about $1.6M by giving Dallas Thomas the axe.

I love the "Tunsil at guard is a stupid move"...why?

He's a rookie and willing to do what the team wants...

Anything is an upgrade over Thomas as the position...

Player 1 year inside will not stunt his growth...

Keeping your best lineman happy (Albert) is never a dumb move...

Right now, you do what you need to get your best 5 on the field...Tunsil player guard does that...hell this line was actually OK when everyone is healthy, now it should be better.

If you trade Albert, you save $5.015M. I personally don't care what he thinks and should play him at G. Tunsil & Albert would be great. On a more positive note, you save about $1.6M by giving Dallas Thomas the axe.

also how is a 5th round pick ever going to help us? you have to gamble that he will be healthy. You have to gamble on the free agent they went after

Let me start by saying - this is not my opinion. Let me also state that the author thinks that Dennis Hickey is still the GM.

Read more at http://www.realsport101.com/2016-nfl-draft-fallout-albert-expendable-in-miami/#7Vj4l5xIdGF6RRSx.99

We save nothing by cutting Albert this year in reality. His dead cap is 11 million and replacing him would not be easy. We dont need to put more cap hits into future.
Next year his dead cap is just 3 million that would be a better time to cut

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

nobody is taking that contract with his recent injury history

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

He's a rookie and willing to do what the team wants...

Anything is an upgrade over Thomas as the position...

Player 1 year inside will not stunt his growth...

Keeping your best lineman happy (Albert) is never a dumb move...

Right now, you do what you need to get your best 5 on the field...Tunsil player guard does that...hell this line was actually OK when everyone is healthy, now it should be better.

I would prefer to move Albert to guard a position he has actually played

sorry, I cannot understand why we would even CONSIDER moving/trading/cutting albert. 1st, we don't need the cap room. 2nd, we aren't talented enough at all five positions and backups to needlessly move our best lineman. yes, he is still the best one we have until tunsil proves he belongs. Just idiotic to even consider.

exactly, Jonathan Ogden played LG when he was drafted for a year...he's in the HOF. look at the Cowboys Tyron Smith played RT for two seasons, both Zach Martin and La'el Collins were considered first round talent at OT that made the move inside because that is what the team needed. this whole discussion is ridiculous.

There is legitimate argument to be made regarding Albert shifting back to his college position of guard as he gets older...since we have Tunsil in the fold.

But only if he was willing...if not Albert stays where he is and Tunsil gets his feet wet at guard.

Back
Top Bottom