2016 NFL Draft Fallout: Albert expendable in Miami? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 NFL Draft Fallout: Albert expendable in Miami?

Unlike most fans, I have never thought of Albert as being one of the team's best players... and IMO he certainly is no "legend". As a whole unit, Miami's o-line allowed the most sacks over the past 4 seasons, and this is not acceptable. I'd prefer to replace Philbin's entire o-line group, as they all suck or are unreliable. Albert may or may not be a good player, but if he's not on the field then he's injury prone and of no use to the team. I can understand keeping Albert for this year while Tunsil gets used to the NFL, but next year Tunsil should be the starting LT (if he is as good as advertised). I also realize that you can't just replace the entire unit all at once, but none of these guys are really worth keeping. Albert and Pouncey are both overpaid for their on-field production... time for some new blood, and hopefully Gase will want some big nasty road-graders.

So what did Gase do prior to Tunsil dropping in his lap? Bushrod? Really?

Albert tearing his ACL was no fault of his own. His legged got rolled over on by Dallas Thomas who was getting pushed into the backfield. It's amazing that only Albert got hurt from Thomas' poor play and not others, especially Tannehill.

He was injury prone coming in and we KNEW that. Injury prone players WILL continue to get injured. In six seasons before he came to Miami, he played in all 16 games just ONE TIME. We knew what we were getting, and gave him a huge contract anyways.

If the ACL didn't happen something else would have. But the ACL did happen. And he missed a couple games last season, too. And he'll miss some this season, too.

I'm not really sure why people would be upset about Tunsil starting off at LG until Albert gets hurt (what are the odds of that not happening?).

I'm not really sure why people would be upset about Tunsil starting off at LG until Albert gets hurt (what are the odds of that not happening?).

Im not upset at all, but in a perfect world Id have preferred Albert at LG just because he has played the position before.

Either way, Im just glad we improved our OL in a big way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not upset at all, but in a perfect world Id have preferred Albert at LG just because he has played the position before.

Either way, Im just glad we improved out OL in a big way.

It really is a win-win situation.

It really is a win-win situation.

The entire situation is much improved. Even after Albert has his annual injury, we have Tunsil to slide over to LT and a few guys who have proven to be serviceable, even if not spectacular, to play at LG. Serviceable is a massive upgrade from the **** show we had along the entire line last year. Hopefully we cut Thomas before the season just to remove an temptation of giving him real life snaps.

This is a big year for James. He needs to play a full season and solidify himself on this line. If he cant then were back to square one with Tunsil and Pouncey and abunch of ??? in a year

The entire situation is much improved. Even after Albert has his annual injury, we have Tunsil to slide over to LT and a few guys who have proven to be serviceable, even if not spectacular, to play at LG. Serviceable is a massive upgrade from the **** show we had along the entire line last year. Hopefully we cut Thomas before the season just to remove an temptation of giving him real life snaps.

I'm perfectly fine with Bushrod or Douglas in at LG should (when) Albert get injured. We're the only team in the league that apparently requires 5 1st rounders starting with 5 1st rounders backing them up in order to field a competent offense.

I'm perfectly fine with Bushrod or Douglas in at LG should (when) Albert get injured. We're the only team in the league that apparently requires 5 1st rounders starting with 5 1st rounders backing them up in order to field a competent offense.

Which makes 100% sense considering how sorry our coaching has been. We've needed extra talented players to make up for that discrepancy.

Which makes 100% sense considering our sorry our coaching has been. We've needed extra talented players to make up for that discrepancy.

The coaching has been awful, but a lot of the problem was that the FO just drafted and signed awful players. No coach on Earth was going to make Dallas Thomas, Marc Colombo or Jason Fox anything more than terrible.

The coaching has been awful, but a lot of the problem was that the FO just drafted and signed awful players. No coach on Earth was going to make Dallas Thomas, Marc Colombo or Jason Fox anything more than terrible.

Yeah but we've fielded enough talent to do be better than 7 or 8 wins.

We finally have enough good players on the line, lets keep them. Albert, when healthy, has been an obvious difference maker. When he is out you definitely notice.

Back
Top Bottom