2016 NFL Draft Fallout: Albert expendable in Miami? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 NFL Draft Fallout: Albert expendable in Miami?

Albert has been on the record as saying no to playing OG. Starting Tunsil at OG is equally as foolish, but I expect Miami to do just that.

Trade Albert to a contender NYG? take the 4th or maybe 3rd. Use Albert salary to sign both a LG and RG; post July 1st cap cuts and get on with football.

Actually, and we're totaling doing a "Madden" move here, but it seems reasonable in theory. You trade him for a 4th and take the $3mil to sign someone very solid like Slauson. Then your LT and LG with Tunsil/Slauson is probably is slightly less talented than Albert/Tunsil but in the scenario we trade Albert you net the draft pick, Tunsil gets experience at LT in a throwaway year, and you probably have two players who end the season at their respective position... Alberts not going to play every game and he's not going to be back next year, either. So, why not?

But just to clarify, I'm on the record that we keep him. This is literally the only year in the entire duration of his time here that I've wanted him on the team.

Never liked the Albert signing to begin with knowing his injury history, but at THIS point, I definitely do not want to cut him. He's been absolute garbage in terms of value, but we may finally have a chance at a good OL for once. This idea is ludicrous.

hated the albert deal from day one, but he will start for us this year (I would have moved him to LG) well, at least until he goes on IR

Albert tearing his ACL was no fault of his own. His legged got rolled over on by Dallas Thomas who was getting pushed into the backfield. It's amazing that only Albert got hurt from Thomas' poor play and not others, especially Tannehill.

Another reach and over pay in Free Agency to a good but injury prone player because of Ireland's sorry ass!

We might as well start posting snippets and links to random message board posts from around the interwebs if we are going to treat sites like realsport101 (fitting name for how basic the thinking is) as legitimate sources.

Gase would be a fool to start Albert at LT when he's got Laremy Tunsil. I'd insist he take the LG position.

For all of those clamouring to move Albert to G why would you move a consistent top 5 LT to G for an unproven rookie. Especially when rookies can struggle at LT due to concept and the speed of the game. The staff just needs to let the competition play out in camp...and if it does the line will look like; LT Albert, LG Tunsil, C Pouncey, RG Turner, and RT James.

You have the left side of the line comprised of first round talent. A first round talent at RT. Why on earth would you want to blow that up? All the ability is there for once and somehow people think it's a good idea to lose part of it for a few million we don't need to save? This OL will be great or terrible based on coaching. If the coaching is there then Tannehill will stay clean and we will win games.

Because...that's just what the Miami Dolphins do...

I love the idea of taking the best LT prospect to come out in the last 5yrs and move him to guard because fat Albert doesn't want to go inside. Guess that's why I'm not a coach cause the first thing I would've done after drafting Tunsil was call Albert and tell him his fragile ass is moving to guard. Albert is like a Dolphins legend though, much better to appease any of his wishes

I would definitely keep Albert this year, if anything, just to serve as a mentor to Tunsil. If he can learn even just a little bit from playing next to one of the NFL's best LT's, that can only improve him further.

To save a measely 3 million yeah no thanks ill pass. Maybe next year when we can save 7 million. His services even if he plays half a season are worth more than 3 million no matter how you slice it.

I love the idea of taking the best LT prospect to come out in the last 5yrs and move him to guard because fat Albert doesn't want to go inside. Guess that's why I'm not a coach cause the first thing I would've done after drafting Tunsil was call Albert and tell him his fragile ass is moving to guard. Albert is like a Dolphins legend though, much better to appease any of his wishes

One player is a ALL Pro caliber LT, the other a potential ALL Pro LT. For 2016, Gase a rookie HC, would be wise to get all his players to buy in. Albert today still holds great value.

Let otas and TC play out, before making such judgements. That sir, is why your not a NFL HC.

Last time I checked Miami needs to keep the best players on the field. Albert is a whole lot better player than some of the jersey wearers we have that call there job Offensive lineman for the Miami Dolphins.

Unlike most fans, I have never thought of Albert as being one of the team's best players... and IMO he certainly is no "legend". As a whole unit, Miami's o-line allowed the most sacks over the past 4 seasons, and this is not acceptable. I'd prefer to replace Philbin's entire o-line group, as they all suck or are unreliable. Albert may or may not be a good player, but if he's not on the field then he's injury prone and of no use to the team. I can understand keeping Albert for this year while Tunsil gets used to the NFL, but next year Tunsil should be the starting LT (if he is as good as advertised). I also realize that you can't just replace the entire unit all at once, but none of these guys are really worth keeping. Albert and Pouncey are both overpaid for their on-field production... time for some new blood, and hopefully Gase will want some big nasty road-graders.

Back
Top Bottom