2017 Miami Dolphins Playoffs Scenarios | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2017 Miami Dolphins Playoffs Scenarios

and what would the playoffs accomplish? Still have a lot of fundamental problems on the team. I hope the team doesn't get complacent if they do make the playoffs like last year
It would show that this team and coaching staff are amazing, with injuries, drama and a lack of talent at certain positions......to make the playoffs would be short of incredible.

For digging himself out of his own hole? Partial much?

I know right? How dare he tear up THill, R Mac, and Lippetts knees up while calling in a hurricane, sending his starting OLB off the night before the opener, and shoving coke down his OL coaches nostrils... Come on Gase get with the program we expect better here in Miami

Oh Gase was the front office that built this broken and dysfuntional roster? I wasnt aware
He is part of the final roster. And you are saying he has no influence on needs? We should have never been in this hole, and now they win two in a row, he deserves the key to the city? Your issue is you are used to mediocrity, and so am I, but you need to learn what makes a team elite. I can name 5 things right now that has Gase’s fingerprints all over it, that caused us to fail this season

Amazing, speculating about a real chance to play in the playoffs this year. I want to be honest, two weeks ago after the game against the Patriots I felt like the season was over. I haven't seen any chance we would be in the position we are right now. After my amazing weekend trip to Hard Rock Stadium all the way from Switzerland and the win against the Broncos, I talked to some other Dolphins fans. I was like: if we somehow manage to beat the Patriots on Monday Night we will be right back in the hunt. So here we are!

First of all I wanted to say if we win out (big if), there is no need for discussion imo about wether we should be in the playoffs or not. If you finish a season 9-7, especially a season like ours this year, you deserve to be in the playoffs. But I just want to watch from game to game. Let's beat the Bills first!

So let's talk about week 15 scenarios and how the games should end.

No need to say, that the Dolphins need to win in Buffalo. Hard to say what expects us up there. But I'm sure if they continue to play like they did the last two games, this one is winnable.

I would love to see the Ravens lose to the Browns. Just don't believe it. I think, like I said earlier, probably the Ravens will win out (10-6) and be the 5th seed this year.

So we would hope for the 6th seed.

We don't have to be worried about the Bills, since we are going to beat them twice if we win out. So this leaves the Jaguars, Titans, Chiefs, Raiders, Chargers and us for the 6th seed. Two of this teams are going to win their division.

We definitely want the 49ers to beat the Titans. No need to explain this one.
I think it would be good to see the Cowboys beat the Raiders, so they cannot achieve a 9-7 record anymore and are out of this scenario.
These are the two game which are clear in my opinion.

I'm not sure about the Texans @ Jaguars game. I think we want the Jaguars to take their division, but since they play the Titans in their last game and we want the Titans to lose as much as possible it would be nice if the Jaguars don't clinch their division to early. So maybe they play for something in the last game against the Titans. Plus if we really would make it to the Playoffs I would prefer playing the Jaguars as 3rd seed than the Patriots at Foxborough. Maybe to much thinking, but I think i would prefer a loss for the Jaguars.

Next game I'm not sure is the Chargers @ Chiefs game. Actually, I think the outcome of this game doesn't matter at all. If the Chiefs lose at maximum they would achieve 8-8 (since we have to beat them Week 16) and if the Chargers lose the maximum they can get to is 9-7 and we beat them in a two-team tiebreaker and a multi-team tiebreaker. So I guess it doesn't matter who gets the win there.

So after all I guess the most important thing to happen is that we beat the Bills. Later that the 49ers beat the Titans. And it would be nice to see the Cowboys beat the Raiders. These are the three important games in my opinion. The Ravens @ Browns is as well I just can't see it happen, although stranger things have happened than a winless team getting their first win.

So let me know if you have any other opinions or thoughts about the upcoming week.

Last edited:
He is part of the final roster. And you are saying he has no influence on needs? We should have never been in this hole, and now they win two in a row, he deserves the key to the city? Your issue is you are used to mediocrity, and so am I, but you need to learn what makes a team elite. I can name 5 things right now that has Gase’s fingerprints all over it, that caused us to fail this season
It's amazing what lengths some go to to defend this roster from Gase. He is part of the process of building it, not all and certainly not the negotiating but he does have say so. I just don't get why it's so hard to accept. So what if Gase is not the best talent evaluator, it doesn't take away from his coaching abilities. I think he is good coach who has the potential to be our future coach for many, many years to come.

630501792.jpg

Miami’s upset of the Patriots on Monday Night Football has the Dolphins back in the playoff picture at 6-7. If the Dolphins can win out over the final three weeks of the season, there’s a decent chance they’ll make the playoffs for the second consecutive year under Adam Gase.
Can they do it?
Let’s take a closer look at each of the hurdles ahead:
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...-dolphins-back-to-playoffs-so-can-they-do-it/

Anything's possible......I just don't see us winning out. Playing in Buffalo is hard enough, but you add in those crazy temperatures...difficult. Kansas City needs (wants) to win out as well........unfortunately I think they will beat us.
Having said that......we just beat NE........go figure.

Back
Top Bottom