2018 Bold Dolphin Predictions...... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 Bold Dolphin Predictions......

Ha ... the "own opinions that are wrong" was actually some form of typo. I've no idea what I was thinking, or trying to say there to be honest.

See, the thing is ... I think most Dolphin fans are quite weather beaten at this stage. So, there's some optimism there, but then, you remember what it's been like for the past number of years and you mention the sky falling etc.
Fair Enough!

• Offense finishes top 5 in scoring
  • Defense finishes bottom 5 in scoring
  • Ballage and Drake end up making a solid tandem. Gore is still effective in selective instances
  • We lose to Kirk Cousins and the disappointing Vikings in December with a potential first round bye in play as a call back to 2002 after beating the Patriots the week before and controlling our destiny
  • The gripe going into next offseason will be why Gase refuses to move on from Matt Burke.

Well, I think if Tannehill stays healthy, it will be as little as 8 wins ,If Tannehill shows extreme rust, and takes a while to get back 2016 form, or as much as 11 to 12 wins if Tannehill is able to continue where he left off against the Cards, before he got hurt.

I will just go with 10wins for now.

The sky is the limit so as long as we are kicking it on all cylinders and are injury free. Go Dolphins!

It may take another year for the offense to truly jell ... but taking a page out of NOs playbook would be nice for our RBs ..... our WRs + TEs will prove better than theirs .... this offense has so much potential.

I do think it will be hard for 1 WR to rack up considerable yardage or catches ... but we’ll see. There are just so many options and packages....

I don’t see Drake getting more than 25 touches, and that might be on the high side .... and I really do think we can run a NO style ‘running’ game with our RBs ...

Ryan Tannehill will start fast and play at a high level, Parker bounces back for a very good season, Gisecki balls right from the go, Minkah is awesome, as expected, and Ballage proves way too good to keep on the bench.

I wouldn't be shocked if Miami exceeds some of these three win predictions before week 7.

My BOLD predictions...

1. Tannehill is in the bottom 5 of deep ball targets but is top in 5 accuracy and finishes up in the top 10 QBR

2. KD doesn’t get more than 50% of the snaps as he splits time with Gore and Ballage

3. AJ derby has the most catches as a TE

4. OL give up under 25 Sacks

5. Miami leads the Leauge in Int’s

6. A well balanced ball control uptempo offense with extreme diversity in ball distribution wins the mental matchups to go 11-5 tied with NE for first but loses the tie breaker on AFC win percent but gets the 5 seed. 1 playoff win. Expectations high for 2019.

Parker or Stills play in the Pro Bowl. Only 5 wide receivers in the AFC had 76 or more receptions in 2017, With Stills finished with 58 (tied for 12th amongst AFC receivers and Parker had 57. With Landry gone I would suspect both numbers to increase even though you're also have Amendola, Wilson, Grant and Gesicki getting their share of targets in 2018. I could easily see one of Miami's to receivers in the mid 70's in receptions.

Sidenote: last season Landry, Brandin Cooks, JuJu Schuster, Tyrek Hill and Robbie Anderson were the only AFC wide receivers with 4 or fewer years of experience with more receptions than Parker. So Parker was 6th amongst young AFC receivers in receptions despite being third on the team in wide receiver targets.

Last edited:
Bold predictions ... right, I'm going to have to mix some of the bad in with the good I'm afraid.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be doing things that I genuinely think will happen .. or that might? I think some of these have a chance to happen ... please God it's only the good ones and my last bullet point is being laughed at here come the end of the year.
  • RT starts slowly, and the mutinous in here start to get louder. But he has a coming out party around week 4 or 5, and gets motoring for the rest of the year. Has himself firmly in the comeback player of the year stakes, but just misses out.
So much for that. Started slowly, then got injured. Who knows if we even see him back.
  • One of Kilgore or Sitton stinks. However Larsen comes in and plays well.
HA! Larsen, comes in and plays well. Classic.
  • James continues to be seriously inconsistent.
Got this right.
  • Drake gets injured early, however Ballage shows up a few weeks later as a gem and every down back.
Nope.
  • Howard goes to the pro bowl, gets close to being a shutdown corner.
Looks right.
  • Parker loses his starting spot.
I guess I got this right? He was basically benched even while fit earlier this year.
  • One of Fitzpatrick / Gesicki underwhelms, with my nod going to Gesicki.
Got this right, unfortunately.
  • Lippett nails down the other boundary spot.
Couldn't have got this more wrong.
  • Jordan Phillips light comes on and he plays well more snaps than he doesn't.
Very wrong.
  • Despite better players, and some playing at close to elite level on D, Burke doesn't call good coverages and D continues to give up late game winning drives.
Yep, terrible DC.
  • Despite lots of bright spots .. Miami still only go 7-9 or 8-8, failing in the last few weeks of the season with a WC spot on the line, as injuries take their toll.
Looks like I've the right record, most likely, however, I'm not sure there have been loads of bright spots. Injuries have definitely taken their toll, earlier than I even thought.
Bye week boredom .. and just don't want to talk about the state of the team at the moment.

I thought it'd be interesting to revisit our bold predictions from before season. Maybe people won't agree :)

Looking at mine above, have commented after each bullet.

Seen a few offense finishes in top 5, LOL

Smoking some good ****.

Wow. Reading some of these predictions, you’d almost think Drake looked really good at the end of 2017. People have vivid imaginations, apparently.

Back
Top Bottom