2018 Preseason Week 2 - Game Thoughts | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 Preseason Week 2 - Game Thoughts

The QB has missed 2 years, they are trying to jell this new line, you have 2 new slot WRs that the QB needs to get used to and 2 of the WRs that run the deep patterns with this QB in 2016 were out with injuries. Plus you want to keep your QB healthy because we all remember what happened last year without him. Yet everybody is surprised and complaining about the play calling.

LOL

The whole problem of this continuous train wreck we call a team starts with Gase.... (Ross, I give a flyer too, not his expertise, so he needs to learn to stay out of it)

Talk all you want about the individual players which is also relevant but they have improved player wise, NEED another year minimum to add more quality but if Gase is allowed to captain this ship ,,,we will need to learn to enjoy the dysfunction and new ways of screwing up with our highly proclaimed genius of a Head Coach who last night actually looked as if he was throwing the game.....

AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, Even pretend if you must but lay down some discipline and STOP all these penalties.....
Don't you have any respect ? I mean are we going to have another year of leading the whole NFL in penalties....
Jesus can you at least maybe come in second in the league.. ( Marino and Shula would have gone ballistic and been furious)

This team is getting soap operaish and Gase the director........

A good head coach and we'd be a lot better all around..... JMO

LOL

The whole problem of this continuous train wreck we call a team starts with Gase.... (Ross, I give a flyer too, not his expertise, so he needs to learn to stay out of it)

Talk all you want about the individual players which is also relevant but they have improved player wise, NEED another year minimum to add more quality but if Gase is allowed to captain this ship ,,,we will need to learn to enjoy the dysfunction and new ways of screwing up with our highly proclaimed genius of a Head Coach who last night actually looked as if he was throwing the game.....

AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, Even pretend if you must but lay down some discipline and STOP all these penalties.....
Don't you have any respect ? I mean are we going to have another year of leading the whole NFL in penalties....
Jesus can you at least maybe come in second in the league.. ( Marino and Shula would have gone ballistic and been furious)

This team is getting soap operaish and Gase the director........

A good head coach and we'd be a lot better all around..... JMO

I did my venting about the penalties in the camp threads and first game. I’m not at down on Gase as you yet, but yes, at some point coaching has to be held responsible for these as the continue. Gase and his staff

In the preseason, I’m not worried about winning, the game plan or making adjustments. I’m worried about execution. Was the play a success, where are the breakdowns and by whom? It’s about giving players opportunities and identifying who translates from practice to game and who’s worth keeping. In years past, winning a preseason game was too much a concern and that comes at a cost. It very well may be the reason why Fins have let some solid young talent go. Hogan is one recent player that comes to mind.

I did my venting about the penalties in the camp threads and first game. I’m not at down on Gase as you yet, but yes, at some point coaching has to be held responsible for these as the continue. Gase and his staff

What the H was that in the play calling dept ?
Looks as if he was being advised by his son ( the 9 year old) actuall he'd probabaly done much better, seriously... Don't remember ever seeing such pathetic plays called and the most inappropriate times. I hate to say this and can't really handle the excuses any more....

What the H was that in the play calling dept ?
Looks as if he was being advised by his son ( the 9 year old) actuall he'd probabaly done much better, seriously... Don't remember ever seeing such pathetic plays called and the most inappropriate times. I hate to say this and can't really handle the excuses any more....

Last year I was frustrated at some of the play calling but attributed it to mostly player limitations. I thought he called some really good games like the TB game, even though we lost and the NE game.

I said this before but the offense needs to score points or he will be gone prob after this year or next. It wont matter any more about the reasons, even if somewhat legitimate or excuses why they can’t.

Last year I was frustrated at some of the play calling but attributed it to mostly player limitations. I thought he called some really good games like the TB game, even though we lost and the NE game.

I said this before but the offense needs to score points or he will be gone prob after this year or next. It wont matter any more about the reasons, even if somewhat legitimate or excuses why they can’t.

I know you've said that he would need to score more or be gone, not really a unusual request to determine ones accountability. Or later it might be he needs to have a better defense or also be gone.....Its not necessarily a one stop shopping spree decision.
These can and should be rather large considerations and high priority to keeping ones job as HC. But the secret to having levels of success is how long it takes an individual or organization to figure that stuff out. Windows open and close quickly.

I see a nice improvement in the quality of guys brought in like OL Sitton a playing C Killgore. Nice WR group, RB group improved so I do see improvement but if the guy in charge doesn't know how to manage and shape them were screwed (my belief).

Gase may be a great HC someday IMO its clear to see it also years away....

IMO if we had a real, experienced, qualified NFL coach just with these present guys we'd be much more seriously thought of as a team that has to be considered a threat..... What we are possibly going to lead the NFL in penalties AGAIN.....thats an insult, sorry

This is a better looking anthony tape albeit vs 2s. He’s good at the poa. Have to carry him as the 5th lb.

This Elston kid is interesting to me.

Tankersley something looks amiss. He’s getting stacked by 2s etc. played an off coverage route poorly at the top. Looks like a guy that lacks confidence.

6th wr is still Ford or caroo for me. Ford looks slow in his stem. Watch the caroo red zone catch for a td that he couldn’t get two feet down on.

That route looks meh from Ford.

Last edited by a moderator:
And Jordan Lucas loses complete contain for about 25 yards.

Egads

Last edited by a moderator:
The smythe usage is odd to me. Give that kid more run with the 1s. I don’t get it.

If they carry a surprise I think it will be the slot corner davis. He’s not ready now but I think he shows enough where you’d want to not let him hit waivers. And you can never have enough corners

I tell ya one thing though minkah is a hell of a player. There’s a lot of things he can do and at a very high level.

His football iq is amazing for 21. Wait til he’s 25

I’m not a jersey guy but if I was I’d be getting that one. It’s got a decade in it barring injury

I'm really impressed. I think the best thing I can say about him is that so far, he looks like the guy we all hoped he could be.

The LB's seem to over run gaps and plug the wrong hole too many times last night. The safeties over committed on that 71 yard TD run. Which makes you wonder if Fitzpatrick was in a FS would he have made the same mistake? I'm going to say "NO" he doesn't. McMillan needs more reps, he's got instincts but looks like a player who'd missed a year. The big positive surprise is a tweet by Beasley who said Miami only gave up 2.5 yards per play outside of the 71 yard run. I'm very down on Tankersley and Harris, I was hoping for better improvement at this point from both. Not seeing it. It's obvious that the offense can move the ball, but, as usual penalties are killing the overall function of the offense.

I would roll with tank as the 2. Til he shows me he’s not assignment accountable in games that matter.

Mctyer wouldn’t be a consideration. I don’t see more than a 4th boundary type there

Mccain would be the primary slot.

Let’s me put minkah where I can get the most bang for my buck and play making. But this slot ask stuff from him is pretty damn good. Just has such a feel for things
Good lord. Did you see tank last night? He was appalling. Against backups.

Back
Top Bottom