2018 Preseason Week 2 - Game Thoughts | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 Preseason Week 2 - Game Thoughts

Next play Asiata and Young blow a twist.

Sam Young better be better than this in the regular season if he’s the 3rd tackle

Mctyer gets away with an obvious grab of the arm on a play he’s beaten vertically on.

They miss that but call x for that other one. Smh

Play before that Walt Aikens plays a redirect terribly to his side. No business in the 2 deep

Drakes a very good fit for the outside zone.

2nd drive ball on the 22 approaching red Miami and Tannehill are hoping they get man clear out for drake in the flat if it’s man he may walk in. It’s zone goes for minimal gain. Like the play design for the clear out and release of drake

Drive ends on a miscommunication with Grant where the db is under tanny correctly throws to the pylon grant curls the route like it’s over the top. Do better grant

Gase blamed that play squarely on Ryan. He said Grant did everything right but the QB was on the wrong page.

Gase blamed that play squarely on Ryan. He said Grant did everything right but the QB was on the wrong page.

Well I don’t care what gase said. The db is underneath the route is running right into the coverage. Unless there is no post snap leverage adjustment ask of grant there.

He’s sitting on that curl coming out of the break like he ran it.

Still don’t think were good enough at LB, you just see way more from most NFL teams LB units

We aren’t but most teams don’t have any depth at lb that wouldn’t get them beat. We just can’t afford any injuries. And I mean like none to the guys we gonna play with on sundays.

Well I don’t care what gase said. The db is underneath the route is running right into the coverage. Unless there is no post snap leverage adjustment ask of grant there.

He’s sitting on that curl coming out of the break like he ran it.

Not disagreeing with you, I refuse to rewatch any of that game, just saying Gase was asked about the play and he was pretty sure of himself in saying Jakeem did nothing wrong and it was on the QB.

Osweiler takes a awful sack in the 2 minute cause he fails to recognize coverage and looks to the wrong progression. Might have been only a primary and a dump option.

Ouch

I’m gonna give os a bit of a mulligan on this one cause I don’t know if the other options are all clear outs. If they are it’s a primary and dump option only call.

If they aren’t well he goofed

That o line play in the 2 minute was horrid any ways.

This team can’t find the end zone. Can’t score touchdowns. That’s a losing team. Carrying over from last season, which all points to Gase. If we racked up points with Tannihill, Osweiler, whoever, get to 30+ with your second and third guys scoring, then we know your coaching is working. Zero touchdowns, inability to score them, your own guys stopping your drives, that’s bad coaching.

What was your overall take on the game

Honestly the only thing I took away from the game is Ryan is making quick decisions and he took a few hits, one where the DE was holding his left leg while taking him down, and he came out of the game fine.

The offense was still very vanilla.

The defense up the middle into and across the LB core is just bleh.

Minkah and Baker need to be on the field a lot this year just to add a speed element to this group.

And obviously we will live and die by the pass rush. Offense gonna need to score early and often or we are toast on defense.

Miamis giving up less yards with coverage called in this one.

O line play first team is solid. Just clean up the couple penalties. They are drive killers.

Tanny in the tight red takes a short drop that means ball must come out. Albert gets beat inside but tanny has get that ball out on a short tight drop call. It’s primary or dump only

This team can’t find the end zone. Can’t score touchdowns. That’s a losing team. Carrying over from last season, which all points to Gase. If we racked up points with Tannihill, Osweiler, whoever, get to 30+ with your second and third guys scoring, then we know your coaching is working. Zero touchdowns, inability to score them, your own guys stopping your drives, that’s bad coaching.

It’s a struggle, a major one, especially since we don’t get too many long ones or cheap ones.

Back
Top Bottom