2018 Preseason Week 2 - Game Thoughts | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2018 Preseason Week 2 - Game Thoughts

They need to give McDonald some lb run in certain packages looks in the preseason. That way they can put minkah where he belongs safety with some slot ask package run.

But McDonald up there is still gonna be a flag to run at and get to with the oline.

They have to be more variety with their packages. Maybe they will in the regular season

How is chase Allen not getting base 3 lb looks at strong with the 1s?

This team can’t find the end zone. Can’t score touchdowns. That’s a losing team. Carrying over from last season, which all points to Gase. If we racked up points with Tannihill, Osweiler, whoever, get to 30+ with your second and third guys scoring, then we know your coaching is working. Zero touchdowns, inability to score them, your own guys stopping your drives, that’s bad coaching.

It sounds cliche because it is a longstanding issue . . . But that offense we saw was not showing much of anything except Gase wanting to get the ball out of Ryan’s hands and allow his quick pass catchers to make moves and kill defenses with speed and Florida heat and humidity.

Only issue is, it requires minimal mistakes and one penalty on offense (which we lead the NFL in last year) and the drive is literally dead.

What happened to the fans out there who thought McMillian was the second coming of Jesus??? This is basically his 2nd real NFL game and some fans thought he would be the answer at MLB based on practice reports.

I tell ya one thing though minkah is a hell of a player. There’s a lot of things he can do and at a very high level.

His football iq is amazing for 21. Wait til he’s 25

I’m not a jersey guy but if I was I’d be getting that one. It’s got a decade in it barring injury

Miamis giving up less yards with coverage called in this one.

O line play first team is solid. Just clean up the couple penalties. They are drive killers.

Tanny in the tight red takes a short drop that means ball must come out. Albert gets beat inside but tanny has get that ball out on a short tight drop call. It’s primary or dump only

It just seems like it’s almost always something. A penalty, a negative play, and most of the time your having to try and score on long drives.

It might change some with Stills back etc and if the O line can pass protect semi consistently.

Completely agree about Minkah at FS. Needs to happen today . . . Damn shame we don’t have a reliable 2nd Cb opposite of X where Bobby can go back to the slot.

Completely agree about Minkah at FS. Needs to happen today . . . Damn shame we don’t have a reliable 2nd Cb opposite of X where Bobby can go back to the slot.

Not sure what they are going to do at CB2 but you can see why they were looking around.

I’m not sure the defense is any better with McCain at boundary and Fitz in the slot vs tank etc at CB2 and McCain and Fitz at the other spots.

I would roll with tank as the 2. Til he shows me he’s not assignment accountable in games that matter.

Mctyer wouldn’t be a consideration. I don’t see more than a 4th boundary type there

Mccain would be the primary slot.

Let’s me put minkah where I can get the most bang for my buck and play making. But this slot ask stuff from him is pretty damn good. Just has such a feel for things

LB is still a concern. Maybe it’s just playing time, but Idont see the instinct in meeting the ball carrier in the hole. I see #52 just ploughing into the line. On the TE TD, he’ll get better with playing time/recognition, or not. I also think we are better with #59 at strong and if Baker just had more playing time he might beat out Kiko.

I would roll with tank as the 2. Til he shows me he’s not assignment accountable in games that matter.

Mctyer wouldn’t be a consideration. I don’t see more than a 4th boundary type there

Mccain would be the primary slot.

Let’s me put minkah where I can get the most bang for my buck and play making. But this slot ask stuff from him is pretty damn good. Just has such a feel for things

I think I would also at this point.

When you promote perrys run he looks more like a 4th rb on your 53.

The returns look less

When you promote perrys run he looks more like a 4th rb on your 53.

The returns look less

I still think he needs to be there. He plays ST and he adds a little physicality that is needed, although we haven’t seen Gore...

I still think he needs to be there. He plays ST and he adds a little physicality that is needed, although we haven’t seen Gore...

Yeah I just think he’s underwhelming as a lead option as a rb when you see him play with the 1s.

Kinda meh.

Mctyers sitting outside pre snap gives it away post snap at the top of the route. Playing a sticks concept leverage.

Yeah I think this is more hype than substance

Biggest thing working against Maurice Smith is he just doesn’t have a lot of upside. What you see now I think you see 5 years from now. And it looks 2 deep lifer type

Back
Top Bottom