2019 Dolphins Qb Please | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2019 Dolphins Qb Please

I mean I get he was invited, but that doesn't necessarily mean he was elite.

He sat for 3 years and literally had to be rebuilt from the ground up mechanically. If Miami would've drafted him he wouldn't of ever been Aaron Rodgers. He would've been thrown to the wolves and his bad mechanics would've ruined him
Perhaps your information was different than what I've heard, but from what I've heard Rodgers impressed from day 1 in Green Bay. Literally the only thing holding him back was Brett Favre, who immediately recognized his talent and refused to help him develop at all. They had a strained relationship because Brett knew he was being replaced and that Aaron had the talent, skill and drive to do it. That was part of the reason Brett went to Minnesota … attempting to prove he was still better than Aaron.

As to Aaron Rodgers' draft, I've heard a number of things, so not sure exactly which ones are true or not. I've heard he was considered so elite of a prospect that when the slide happened the later 1st GM's felt there was some red flag they had missed that the rest of the league knew about, so they were scared to pick him despite being the obvious BPA (Best Player Available). I've heard some were scared off by the fact that he had been a community college transfer and didn't have enough big time college snaps to make them comfortable. Some GM's didn't place enough faith in the Pac 10 (or whatever it was called at that time) defenses to pull the trigger. I've heard some GM's didn't like his overall attitude and weren't comfortable with him as the face of the franchise. Obviously, some teams simply didn't need a QB. Whatever the rationale, when his slide happened, it was big deal and it snowballed fast. When he fell, he plummeted, much like Dan Marino did. GM's are paid to weigh red flags and when they do not know what the red flag is … they get very scared. Blown QB picks get GM's fired, and they all know it.

Yes, Rodgers was considered an elite prospect, and that's why he was invited to the green room on draft day, because ESPN expected him to be drafted high in the 1st round. For a while there was a lot of discussion which was the better QB, Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers, and eventually the team holding the top pick settled on Alex Smith. Aaron Rodgers was generally considered one of the top prospects in that entire draft, and it was quite a shock that he lasted as long as he did.

I was around then...he slipped but it he wasn’t considered an Andrew Luck or John Elway type prospect.... in fact the gurus on this board didn’t like him at the time... I actually did. Yes he slipped, but it wasn’t considered to be huge shock at the time... nor was Brees.

The point is.... QB’s that might be available at 13... there may be one or more that are better than the “gurus” are giving them credit for! And it’s Miami’s job to find them if they are there.

Bree’s & Rodgers were still considered 1st round talents, it wasn’t like GB/SD took them on Day 2. Few thought they’d be HOF’ers, but it’s was widely believed that both could be solid starters, as players that get drafted in the top 33 picks are expected to be. But yea, there’s nothing wrong w/ the Wolf philosophy, as there might be a gem scouts missed on, but I don’t think Brees & Rodgers fit that profile.

How can you say when Brees goes in round 2?

The point is Miami needed a true successor to Marino and failed to draft either one of them which would have changed Dolphin history!

Perhaps your information was different than what I've heard, but from what I've heard Rodgers impressed from day 1 in Green Bay. Literally the only thing holding him back was Brett Favre, who immediately recognized his talent and refused to help him develop at all. They had a strained relationship because Brett knew he was being replaced and that Aaron had the talent, skill and drive to do it. That was part of the reason Brett went to Minnesota … attempting to prove he was still better than Aaron.

As to Aaron Rodgers' draft, I've heard a number of things, so not sure exactly which ones are true or not. I've heard he was considered so elite of a prospect that when the slide happened the later 1st GM's felt there was some red flag they had missed that the rest of the league knew about, so they were scared to pick him despite being the obvious BPA (Best Player Available). I've heard some were scared off by the fact that he had been a community college transfer and didn't have enough big time college snaps to make them comfortable. Some GM's didn't place enough faith in the Pac 10 (or whatever it was called at that time) defenses to pull the trigger. I've heard some GM's didn't like his overall attitude and weren't comfortable with him as the face of the franchise. Obviously, some teams simply didn't need a QB. Whatever the rationale, when his slide happened, it was big deal and it snowballed fast. When he fell, he plummeted, much like Dan Marino did. GM's are paid to weigh red flags and when they do not know what the red flag is … they get very scared. Blown QB picks get GM's fired, and they all know it.

http://archive.jsonline.com/sports/packers/136856133.html/

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/shut...e-aaron-rodgers-far-sure-thing-071609300.html

I was around then...he slipped but it he wasn’t considered an Andrew Luck or John Elway type prospect.... in fact the gurus on this board didn’t like him at the time... I actually did. Yes he slipped, but it wasn’t considered to be huge shock at the time... nor was Brees.

The point is.... QB’s that might be available at 13... there may be one or more that are better than the “gurus” are giving them credit for! And it’s Miami’s job to find them if they are there.
Huh? Nobody needs to be up with the once-in-a-generation type of prospect to be considered a top prospect. Aaron Rodgers was considered a top prospect. Now you're just avoiding the argument.

Huh? Nobody needs to be up with the once-in-a-generation type of prospect to be considered a top prospect. Aaron Rodgers was considered a top prospect. Now you're just avoiding the argument.

I didn’t suggest he wasn’t considered one of the best available that year... just that 20 teams passed on him.

The successful scouts see through the perceived faults that make a QB fall... and their teams hit home runs in drafting.

Despite his status...Miami passed when they shouldn’t have...same with Brees and others.

It’s very possible good QB’s will fall past 13 this year.

I didn’t suggest he wasn’t considered one of the best available that year... just that 20 teams passed on him.

The successful scouts see through the perceived faults that make a QB fall... and their teams hit home runs in drafting.

Despite his status...Miami passed when they shouldn’t have...same with Brees and others.

It’s very possible good QB’s will fall past 13 this year.
Well I was suggesting that he was one of the top players, and that's why he was invited to the draft to be the last person in the green room, that's what you were initially refuting. No point in just circularly repeating our disagreement … we're not really doing much else, so let's just end this and agree to disagree.

Here’s a couple scouting reports on Aaron Rodgers...from NFL Scout’s:

“I think he has a good chance of being a bust. Just like every other Tedford-coached quarterback. Thing I struggle with him is he gets sacked a lot. He doesn’t have great ability to change the release of the football. He’s mechanically very rigid. Brett Favre can change his release point and find different windows. There will be more growing pains with Alex Smith but in the end he has a much better chance to be much better.”

“I don’t like him. He’s a clone of Harrington and Boller. They all throw the same way. What have those guys done? Nothing. If you take him in the second round, fine. Heady guy. They do a marvelous job of coaching quarterbacks there. I don’t think he’s as good as the top quarterbacks coming out last year.”

“The guys that Tedford has had, what have they developed into? They’re too well-schooled. So mechanical. So robotic. I don’t know if they become good pro players. I think Rodgers is in that same mold.”

So... obviously there were many doubting Aaron Rodgers!

Back
Top Bottom