2019 Dolphins Qb Please | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2019 Dolphins Qb Please

No...Rodgers was not a considered an elite prospect...I was one of a few on here upset at the time we didn’t draft him....Dolphin nation on here was more upset at the time when we passed on Brady Quinn.

If Rodgers was viewed as elite... he never gets to 21.
Yes, Rodgers was considered an elite prospect, and that's why he was invited to the green room on draft day, because ESPN expected him to be drafted high in the 1st round. For a while there was a lot of discussion which was the better QB, Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers, and eventually the team holding the top pick settled on Alex Smith. Aaron Rodgers was generally considered one of the top prospects in that entire draft, and it was quite a shock that he lasted as long as he did.

it would be nice to get our future in 2019 but it might be better to wait a year. just depends how the chips fall

Yeah I agree with most of those on here. I would rather not overpay for a player who is marginally better than what we’ve have. If I have my pick I would roll with Tannehill and a Drew Lock/Daniel Jones into this season.

Yeah I agree with most of those on here. I would rather not overpay for a player who is marginally better than what we’ve have. If I have my pick I would roll with Tannehill and a Drew Lock/Daniel Jones into this season.
you don't need thill17 if u get one of them. thill17 is past. he is good guy.

you don't need thill17 if u get one of them. thill17 is past. he is good guy.

We might need Tannehill as a bridge quarterback. Do we want to start Lock or Jones in our situation? The OL could have up to four new members. The defense will be a work in progress. It isn't the worst situation but it's not ideal. So the coaches might want to work with them on certain parts of their game while the front office build the best possible supporting cast for them. Now a bridge doesn't have to be Tannehill, it can be Fitzpatrick or Foles. We just need someone who can start 16 games without stinking up the joint.

Obviously if you believe in throwing them in at the deep end and seeing if they can swim, fair enough, but I suspect we'd want our rookie to sit.

You don’t take Foles without an already loaded roster and a system that mirrors Philly’s offense. Since we have neither of those things, then just say no to Foles. The fans who discount RT’s 2016 season and elevate Foles MVP season are really missing the lightening in a bottle effect that took place there.

Even though Lawrence is the only prospect I like at the position over the next few years, I still believe that the draft is the only way to go. Draft a QB...nothing else makes sense.

Yes, Rodgers was considered an elite prospect, and that's why he was invited to the green room on draft day, because ESPN expected him to be drafted high in the 1st round. For a while there was a lot of discussion which was the better QB, Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers, and eventually the team holding the top pick settled on Alex Smith. Aaron Rodgers was generally considered one of the top prospects in that entire draft, and it was quite a shock that he lasted as long as he did.

I mean I get he was invited, but that doesn't necessarily mean he was elite.

He sat for 3 years and literally had to be rebuilt from the ground up mechanically. If Miami would've drafted him he wouldn't of ever been Aaron Rodgers. He would've been thrown to the wolves and his bad mechanics would've ruined him

Rodgers was a different case. He was believed to be one of the top two prospects in the entire draft, just like Dan Marino. And, like Marino, he slid … and once that slid went on a while, every GM got scared that there was something very wrong with him that they didn't know or had not verified … so that slid went a long way. In Marino's case it was a late rumor of drugs, and I'm not sure what it was in Rodgers' case, but everyone remembers the pictures of that community college transfer Cal Berkely kid with the facial hair stunned as he endured bing the last guy left in the green room on draft day and continued his unexpected tumble. We were right to pull the trigger on Marino, and Green Bay was right to pull the trigger on Rodgers. Those type of shots I'm completely on board with taking. But like I said … if you believe in a guy, then you're willing to take him in the 1st round … and that's what both Green Bay and Miami did.

Brees was a different story. He was drafted, deemed not good enough, then replaced with Philip Rivers … and let go. Lots of teams screwed that one up, including the Dolphins. But, under the guidance of Sean Payton, he became a HoF QB, and every team in the NFL regretted not adding him. That's not taking a shot in the draft … that's just the entire NFL being dumb by not recognizing his talent … except Sean Payton and the New Orleans Saints.

Russell Wilson is a good comparison. Here is a guy who was very productive, but had a baseball deal out there. Teams were scared off by his size during a time when literally the only good QB's who were tall were Drew Brees and then you had to go back to Doug Flutie to find another one … it's a copycat league, and that's not a good track record. But, Wilson was replaced at NC State, and was so committed to football that he transferred to Wisconsin to play his senior year and prove to the NFL that he was fully invested in football. Still, the size thing scared off most teams.

Fast forward to today, when Kyler Murray has many of those same issues. But today smaller QB's have had success, paving the way and easing teams' concern with his size. He has said he's going to play football, but that's not as big of a commitment as Russell Wilson made transferring and just to play football his senior season. Still, I believe Murray not only goes in the 1st round, but I've been saying since before he declared that he'll be a top 10 pick if he commits to football. That's not taking a shot … that's investing the franchise.

I don't see any of those three guys as guys where teams took a shot. Brady, sure, that's a one-off in my mind, but it definitely was taking a shot, because they had Drew Bledsoe at the time and it was a 6th round pick. But I don't see many of those.

Drew Breese was fantastic his final two seasons with the Chargers. The Chargers ended up having to make a really tough decision because the drafted Rivers after 3 years of Brees playing poorly. Ultimately Brees injured his shoulder and the Chargers opted to go with Rivers who had been waiting to play.

Once again the qb made the offensive line look bad not the other way around. If Brady is on this team they make the playoffs.

I disagree with this, we have seen time and time again, when a team finds a way to get to Brady, he falls apart.

Brady does not have the rediculous release or that amazing one step forward or back of Marino, that could make a line look good even when not playing well.

Brady does not have the Cannon that Elway had, to get the ball to the receiver in a split second.

Brady does not have the will not to be taken down, while delivering the ball of Big Ben.

If Brady was on the Dolphins, he might do a little better then Tannehill because of his awareness, and being better at finding the open receiver quickly, but in the end, he would not be much more successful as Tannehill, considering he also when being harassed all game, he also tends to get frustrated, unlike Tannehill who has proven to be tougher.

We might need Tannehill as a bridge quarterback. Do we want to start Lock or Jones in our situation? The OL could have up to four new members. The defense will be a work in progress. It isn't the worst situation but it's not ideal. So the coaches might want to work with them on certain parts of their game while the front office build the best possible supporting cast for them. Now a bridge doesn't have to be Tannehill, it can be Fitzpatrick or Foles. We just need someone who can start 16 games without stinking up the joint.

Obviously if you believe in throwing them in at the deep end and seeing if they can swim, fair enough, but I suspect we'd want our rookie to sit.
we should of done that last yr. we are not expected to win lot games any was. let the rookie play. we have some good weapon on offensive.

we should of done that last yr. we are not expected to win lot games any was. let the rookie play. we have some good weapon on offensive.

What happens if that rookie ends up receiving the treatment that Blaine Gabbert received in Jacksonville? Or David Carr in Houston? Or Blake Bortles in Jacksonville? Or our very own Ryan Tannehill?

Ok some quarterbacks can deal with it like Deshaun Watson did this year, but some of these rookies and early career starters can be hurt by taking that many hits especially when they are on a steep learning curve. Some quarterbacks development is stunted, and sometimes their confidence is broken (e.g. Gabbert looked broken, though perhaps he was just terrible regardless).

I'd rather not throw our next rookie to the wolves if the OL isn't fixed. Sure we have a good group of pass catchers, but pass protectors is another matter. And that's before considering some of this year's crop have things to work on.

What happens if that rookie ends up receiving the treatment that Blaine Gabbert received in Jacksonville? Or David Carr in Houston? Or Blake Bortles in Jacksonville? Or our very own Ryan Tannehill?

Ok some quarterbacks can deal with it like Deshaun Watson did this year, but some of these rookies and early career starters can be hurt by taking that many hits especially when they are on a steep learning curve. Some quarterbacks development is stunted, and sometimes their confidence is broken (e.g. Gabbert looked broken, though perhaps he was just terrible regardless).

I'd rather not throw our next rookie to the wolves if the OL isn't fixed. Sure we have a good group of pass catchers, but pass protectors is another matter. And that's before considering some of this year's crop have things to work on.
as bad as people on here keep saying our offense line bad. we almost made playoff. so it cannot be that bad. . some of sack was on thill17 because team know he cannot scramble in pocket. defense start over loading and blisting thill17 up middle.

as bad as people on here keep saying our offense line bad. we almost made playoff. so it cannot be that bad. . some of sack was on thill17 because team know he cannot scramble in pocket. defense start over loading and blisting thill17 up middle.

To be perfectly clear, the only people on here who are even QUESTIONING whether the Fins OL has been one of the worst units in the NFL for the better part of the past half-dozen years are those who have a pretty biased posting history against Tannehill. And that's fine, but the revisionist history on the O-Line part is ridiculous.

To be perfectly clear, the only people on here who are even QUESTIONING whether the Fins OL has been one of the worst units in the NFL for the better part of the past half-dozen years are those who have a pretty biased posting history against Tannehill. And that's fine, but the revisionist history on the O-Line part is ridiculous.
well only thing we can do is sit back and see what happen. ol/dl all need be upgrade this yr and next yr.

Back
Top Bottom