2020 Free Agency - Dolphins Targets? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 Free Agency - Dolphins Targets?

If you're being realistic as a fan right now you have to assume that we need about 30 more players once we turn over everything. So our goal would be to cut into about a third this year. Any player we pick up has to be a young option who we can keep around for a few years. Older guys will just waste time finding replacements
We can used older player for 1 or 2 yr until younger guy are ready. If young guy are better you cut older player.

I think it is smart to bring in older guys to play positions in which rookies usually take longer to develop.
So... no RBs, rookies are usually fine.

Was looking its a pretty lackluster free agent class, Hey at least we don't have a Ndamakong Suh in this class that we would give 100 million plus contracts too. lol

Henry is a beast, Tennessee should resign him to a 20 million dollar a year contract tonight, He has the body type to last a long time too

If we spend on a RB, which I’d think we wouldn’t, but watch out for Melvin Gordon. He fits our scheme very well. Went to HS with Melvin, he’s a smart dude. School wasn’t his MO, I remember he committed to Iowa, then decommitted to go to WI and bulked up to add some power to his game. He’s a big Saints fan, but he was also very fond of Miami from the times I’ve spoken with him. I’d be on the lookout for us to be a dark horse to sign him. He lives, sleeps, eats, and breathes football.

Another little tidbit - Melvin loves Dan Marino, so there’s that. He wore a Marino jersey in school quite frequently.

Last edited:
If we spend on a RB, which I’d think we wouldn’t, but watch out for Melvin Gordon. He fits our scheme very well. Went to HS with Melvin, he’s a smart dude. School wasn’t his MO, I remember he committed to Iowa, then decommitted to go to WI and bulked up to add some power to his game. He’s a big Saints fan, but he was also very fond of Miami from the times I’ve spoken with him. I’d be on the lookout for us to be a dark horse to sign him. He lives, sleeps, eats, and breathes football.

Another little tidbit - Melvin loves Dan Marino, so there’s that. He wore a Marino jersey in school quite frequently.
Not a huge fan of his but for the right price why the hell not, Running Backs tend to be cheap in Free Agency anyways. Haha Maybe we go after Kenyan Drake he is scheduled to be a Free Agent.. The cards have to let him or David Johnson go and i have a feeling it might be Johnson..

If David Johnson hits free Agency that would be one of my top targets.

Before they can pick FAs they need to have a short list of draft targets, so that theyre not being overly redundant in FA with who the BPAs are likely to be when theyre drafting.

I don't think they'll decide on draft targets until they know the signed FAs

I don't think they'll decide on draft targets until they know the signed FAs
This is why I've been high on the idea of getting Thuney and a slot corner (and maybe a cheap RB or safety). None of these signings would preclude drafting another player at those positions.
Build up the team, but not stop long term progress.

By the way, congrats on your season. I was actually pulling for the Bills to beat Houston. Obviously, came really close. That Buffalo defense is there and if there's more development from Josh Allen I think the Bills take this division next year.

I do expect Tom Brady to stay with New England and I think the Pats will add tight ends and wide receivers. So I'm not ready to dismiss them just yet. For Miami, I'm looking at 2021 to be really competitive.
I need Bills to add on offense. The defense is there but need to finish building this offense. Can’t win at 18ppg

This is why I've been high on the idea of getting Thuney and a slot corner (and maybe a cheap RB or safety). None of these signings would preclude drafting another player at those positions.
Build up the team, but not stop long term progress.
Logan Ryan perhaps? Familiar with NE and our coaches

And I still will keep hoping for Justin simmons, he could be a very good safety for us. Sign those two, release mccain and Reshad. Then draft some DBs and our secondary would be looking very nice

Logan Ryan perhaps? Familiar with NE and our coaches

And I still will keep hoping for Justin simmons, he could be a very good safety for us. Sign those two, release mccain and Reshad. Then draft some DBs and our secondary would be looking very nice

Edit- i was thinking Ryan was a FA, should probably check that before that post

I could back that strategy.

Jordan Howard I could get behind. He does move piles and that's going to be important with a developing line.

dont expect any player on the Titans to leave. Tennessee is looking up, with a new coach who could easily still be playing in the NFL (lol), and Tannehill. Dont expect Henry or Spain to want to leave the Titans. They are an upward trending team.

money talks and we got a lot

Lots of talk that thuney will price himself out of New England. It will cost top 5 money at least. Who’s in?

Back
Top Bottom