2020 NFL Mock Draft: Joe Burrow goes No. 1 overall, Bucs replace Jameis Winston, Daniel Jones gets a weapon | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 NFL Mock Draft: Joe Burrow goes No. 1 overall, Bucs replace Jameis Winston, Daniel Jones gets a weapon

Tua is better than anyone from 2018. Plays with better rhythm/poise/grace, better feet, processes info quicker, and he's about as accurate as it gets.

Beyond Tua, I'm not sure. I thought 2018 was a little overrated, but I'm not particularly high on any of the other 2020 QB's. I do think a higher than normal amount of QB's have a legit shot of working out, but I don't love any of their chances individually, and I think landing spot will be more important for them than Tua. Herbert and Love would do well to sit a year - maybe the Chargers if Rivers comes back, or maybe SF treats Jimmy G like Alex Smith and lets one of them sit behind him for a year. SF would probably be the ideal destination for either.

Love I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot poll a this point. For as impressive as his arm is (and it's damn impressive) he just hasn't played well this year. Honestly If I was him I'd do what Tyree Jackson should have done and enter the transfer portal and go to a better team and better competition. People may disagree with me, but he seems to have regressed badly.

Yeah the 2020 class is tough because outside of Tua (and even he has some minor questions) there's a lot of guys with high end talent but a lot of yeah buts on them. Herbert and Eason (if he enters) exemplify this to me.

Burrow to me is intriguing. The drastic improvement is something that is gonna bring up a lot of questions, but if he keeps doing what he's doing you cannot ignore him. Especially with what he is asked to do.

But again, at this point in time, it is Tua if we get the chance at him.

We will definitely pick Tua is he is on the board for our pick. But it’s going to take a 0-16 season to get him. Say what you want about history and only a few teams that went 0-16 but I cannot remember a time when so many teams were tanking.

Which is laughable to me. The dude doesn‘t have an entire stellar season under his belt like Tua. Burrow’s 2018 was mediocre. Every criticism naysayers have about Tua applies toward Burrow. Except theres a smaller sample size of good play from Burrow. So what gives?

Tua has one more season under his belt than Burrow...whoopty do!

We’ve heard that Tua is surrounded by a lot of talent. So is Burrow. We’ve heard that Tua is injury prone. Burrow broke his throwing hand during practice while at tOSU requiring surgery.

The talent doesn't compare. Burrow's WR might be lucky enough to go in the second round. Both Bama's WR are top 20 picks. I won't even begin on the o-line. Bama has a 1st and a 2nd rounder on that line. LSU has a 2nd round center and mid-round talent surrounding than 2nd round center.

Tua actually led a team to a National title by making plays in a 2nd half against GA. What has Burrow accomplished to date besides get beat out by multiple QB’s while at the Ohio State?

This is disingenuous, almost to a fault. There is no way J.T. Barrett was better than Burrow...Meyer needed a mobile QB. Haskins was behind Burrow until Burrow broke his hand, pushing Haskins ahead. The rest is history.

Burrow might win the Heisman this season. He might help win a Nat’l title. He might even make a good pro QB. But to this point in time he’s proved and shown less than Tua yet some folks are elevating him to #1 pick status?

LSU/Burrow has played and beaten 3 ranked (at the time) teams--Texas, Auburn, and Florida...and put up numbers against them.

What ranked team has Bama played?

Makes zero sense to me. People are either over-infatuated with small sample sizes and Johnny Comelately‘s or they have a pre-existing agenda.

You speak of small sample sizes without taking into consideration that Tua only has a season and a half under his belt.

Tua has one more season under his belt than Burrow...whoopty do!

The talent doesn't compare. Burrow's WR might be lucky enough to go in the second round. Both Bama's WR are top 20 picks. I won't even begin on the o-line. Bama has a 1st and a 2nd rounder on that line. LSU has a 2nd round center and mid-round talent surrounding than 2nd round center.

This is disingenuous, almost to a fault. There is no way J.T. Barrett was better than Burrow...Meyer needed a mobile QB. Haskins was behind Burrow until Burrow broke his hand, pushing Haskins ahead. The rest is history.

LSU/Burrow has played and beaten 3 ranked (at the time) teams--Texas, Auburn, and Florida...and put up numbers against them.

What ranked team has Bama played?

You speak of small sample sizes without taking into consideration that Tua only has a season and a half under his belt.
Tua really doesn’t have one more season under his belt than Burrow because Burrow was named the starter last year as well as a red shirt Junior, his stats last year were nothing to write home about until Joe Brady took over as Passing game coordinator in LSU.

Tua really doesn’t have one more season under his belt than Burrow because Burrow was named the starter last year as well as a red shirt Junior, his stats last year were nothing to write home about until Joe Brady took over as Passing game coordinator in LSU.
Ok...the point still remains.

There is no major difference between Burrow and Tua. Furthermore, Burrow reminds me a lot of Brady, and wouldn't be surprised if they took the Brady look alike.

Tua gets hurt one more time and you Jonestownians can have that cat of koolaid.

Ok...the point still remains.

There is no major difference between Burrow and Tua. Furthermore, Burrow reminds me a lot of Brady, and wouldn't be surprised if they took the Brady look alike.

Tua gets hurt one more time and you Jonestownians can have that cat of koolaid.
I’ve also read Kiper compare him to Tony Romo, which I think is a little more accurate than some of these beat writers comparing him to Brady.

I’d like to know if people think this qb class is better than the 2018 class in terms of prospect pure grades.

but I’d like to know it not from how a guys played as a pro in 2019 but a pure head to head prospect aspect.

cause last year I loved the 2018 class off what I saw on game tape but this year I’d have to say that class has really shown some warts.

so purely from a college eval stand point where does this class rate relative to 2018 hell any recent others even.
My ratings if part of same draft:
Tua
Fromm
Darnold
Mayfield
Love Eason Herbert Allen

I’ve also read Kiper compare him to Tony Romo, which I think is a little more accurate than some of these beat writers comparing him to Brady.
You are using Mel Kiper Jr. as a frame of reference? The same Mel Kiper who said that Johnny Manzell should slip out of the top 8 player chosen in his draft year?

Your bias is becoming embarrassing when you compare Romo, coming out of a I-AA school to Burrow.

You are using Mel Kiper Jr. as a frame of reference? The same Mel Kiper who said that Johnny Manzell should slip out of the top 8 player chosen in his draft year?

Your bias is becoming embarrassing when you compare Romo, coming out of a I-AA school to Burrow.
And you’re using CBS as a point of reference for comparison to Brady, so who’s biased and what’s the difference? Because no one compared the kid to Brady until someone at CBS sports decided to change the narrative. Gimme a break on the “bias” BS.

And you’re using CBS as a point of reference for comparison to Brady, so who’s biased and what’s the difference? Because no one compared the kid to Brady until someone at CBS sports decided to change the narrative. Gimme a break on the “bias” BS.
I'm using my own two eyes for a comparison to Brady...

Same build...same accuracy...better production in college for Burrow.

Where did you get Tony Romo...that's some hating sh_t right there. You can be a Tua fanatic without lobbing grenades at any threat to your god.

I'm using my own two eyes for a comparison to Brady...

Same build...same accuracy...better production in college for Burrow.

Where did you get Tony Romo...that's some hating sh_t right there. You can be a Tua fanatic without lobbing grenades at any threat to your god.
I got it from Mel Kiper did you not read? Your bias against Tua shows everytime you post about any other QB, I get it you don't like Tua. I have my favorites and I'm not a big fan of Burrow, I'd rather them pick up Fromm, Love, or Eason if no Tua. You on the other hand want ANYONE other than Tua and try to justify it with a lot of your posts.

PS: There's absolutely nothing wrong with being compared to Tony Romo either, he was a good QB.

I got it from Mel Kiper did you not read? Your bias against Tua shows everytime you post about any other QB, I get it you don't like Tua.

You don't get it. What does my profile pic indicate? I'm all for tanking for Tua. I'm just not going to get my knees dirty on a daily basis trying to substantiate that, I am not willing to shoot holes in his competition for that.

I have my favorites and I'm not a big fan of Burrow, I'd rather them pick up Fromm, Love, or Eason if no Tua.You on the other hand want ANYONE other than Tua and try to justify it with a lot of your posts.

You'd take Fromm, Love, or Eason over Burrow. To put those names in front of Burrow indeed proves that you aren't a big fan of his. Again, I have no problem with Tua. If we have the 1st pick, I'd love for the card to be run up there. I'm part of the "QB with the first pick" that would be fine with drafting Burrow with the 2nd or 3rd pick...while you are part of the "QB with the first pick" that would cheer if we traded all our 1st rounders for the next two years in order to move up ONE spot to draft Tua.

PS: There's absolutely nothing wrong with being compared to Tony Romo either, he was a good QB.

PPS him being a good QB has nothing to do with how he is/was viewed by Cowboy fans. He was viewed as being the QB they had to deal with until they didn't have to any longer, which is why Dak Prescott, while playing lights out, should not have been able to stave off a healthy Romo. Teddy Bridgewater played very well for the Saints, but when Brees was able to return then Bridgewater was back on the bench.

All that to say, you are slighting Burrow by comparing him to Romo.

I read very well. I read between the lines even better. You can't use protective rhetoric to hide behind your biases. Be a man and say what you feel.

I read very well. I read between the lines even better. You can't use protective rhetoric to hide behind your biases. Be a man and say what you feel.
I did type what I felt and it's what was in my statement, if you want to take that as "hate" for a player so be it. I don't see any player that comps with Brady in this draft not even my "golden boy" Tua.

Back
Top Bottom