2020 Quarterback Rankings | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 Quarterback Rankings

Only due to Tua’s injuries and the unknowns surrounding them. Most acknowledge that Tua has been and still is the better prospect, if healthy.

And there are some (not me) that believe Herbert is a better prospect too.
Tua injury definitely threw a monkey's wrench into the quarterback class.

Only due to Tua’s injuries and the unknowns surrounding them. Most acknowledge that Tua has been and still is the better prospect, if healthy.

And there are some (not me) that believe Herbert is a better prospect too.

I wouldn’t go that far...Tua’s injuries are in large part his own failure to take the check down...trying to make more out of a play that he should...he threw two key interceptions in losing to Trevor and Clemson...and he lost to Burrow and LSU In Tuscaloosa.

He’s far from the perfect prospect and he’s not QB1 in this draft.

I wouldn’t go that far...Tua’s injuries are in large part his own failure to take the check down...trying to make more out of a play that he should...he threw two key interceptions in losing to Trevor and Clemson...and he lost to Burrow and LSU In Tuscaloosa.

He’s far from the perfect prospect and he’s not QB1 in this draft.

Burrow lost to a hobbled Tua in Baton Rouge. Put up a goose egg. Zero. Nothing.

Which one of Tua’s interceptions was worse than the one Patrick Mahomes threw against Oklahoma when he lost to Baker Mayfield in 2016?

Which one of Tua’s interceptions were worse than the two Mahomes threw against Iowa St. when he got drilled by an unranked team 66-10?

Which one of Tua’s interceptions were worse than the 4 picks Mahomes threw against Oklahoma in 2015 to lose to Baker Mayfield again by five touchdowns?

Which one of Tua’s interceptions were worse than the 4 steaks Lamar Jackson lobbed up to Miss St. in his last college game?

These are two league MVP’s by the way.

You keep trying to take a snapshot and form it into a narrative. Which is certainly your right to do so. Whether it’s Tua, or Alabama, or Saban or whatever it is that sticks in your craw - just know unbiased observers aren’t buying it. Being obtuse will always get you by on message boards.

Burrow lost to a hobbled Tua in Baton Rouge. Put up a goose egg. Zero. Nothing.

Which one of Tua’s interceptions was worse than the one Patrick Mahomes threw against Oklahoma when he lost to Baker Mayfield in 2016?

Which one of Tua’s interceptions were worse than the two Mahomes threw against Iowa St. when he got drilled by an unranked team 66-10?

Which one of Tua’s interceptions were worse than the 4 picks Mahomes threw against Oklahoma in 2015 to lose to Baker Mayfield again by five touchdowns?

Which one of Tua’s interceptions were worse than the 4 steaks Lamar Jackson lobbed up to Miss St. in his last college game?

These are two league MVP’s by the way.

You keep trying to take a snapshot and form it into a narrative. Which is certainly your right to do so. Whether it’s Tua, or Alabama, or Saban or whatever it is that sticks in your craw - just know unbiased observers aren’t buying it. Being obtuse will always get you by on message boards.

You think Burrow’s 2018 first year starting is what you should hang your hat on?

Tua has been continuously injured...he tries to do too much and doesn’t check down enough...history shows that.

I love Tua as a passer... he durability scares me!

You think Burrow’s 2018 first year starting is what you should hang your hat on?

Tua has been continuously injured...he tries to do too much and doesn’t check down enough...history shows that.

You should probably hang your hat on the big picture in its entirety. Not one game or two games, or one play or two plays. Everything. If you can’t gather that from my posts you may have a learning disability.

I prefer the big picture with Tua over the big picture with Joe Burrow. Even with the injuries.

The goose egg Burrow put up against Bama wasn’t the end all be all for Burrow anymore than any one game you want to point to for Tua is the end all be all for him. All I’m trying to tell you is you make it too obvious you want to take a snapshot and make it your narrative. Go right ahead.

You’re going to deal with injuries playing football. What makes you special is how you attack the rehab. Your determination to make it back better than you were before. Not a lot of guys have that in ‘em.

It was also his 4th year of college football when he finally got the nod to start...3 years he did not start, he was able to grow, and mature and learn. Age-wise, Burrow's first-year starting in college will be Tua's first year in the NFL...

Tua was 33tds-3ints before his injury and the kid did not play the 4th quarter for most of those games...Tua was ripping up college football.

By the way, in Tua's first year as the full-time starter...he threw 46td and just 6 ints...

I don’t see how anybody could watch the 2019 college season and not grade Joe Burrow as QB1...he was simply the best and displayed everything you look for in a championship franchise QB.

Many people people on this site have given you reasons why. You just refuse to acknowledge or accept those reasons.

Furthermore, there have been many college QB’s that had a fantastic season (or two) that “displayed everything you look for” but weren’t good NFL QB’s. It actually happens all the time.

Funny, but the Burrow bandwagon kids are down on Tua who “displayed everything you look for” for a longer period of time than just one season. Go figure.

It’s beyond hypocritical.

I don’t have a problem with anyone who has Joe Burrow as their top quarterback. Burrow is efficient, accurate, and had a heck of a season. Tua’s durability is a question mark, and it scares some away. It’s a reasonable reaction.

However, Joe Burrow is going to be a game manager at the next level. He’ll be a checkdown king.

Vince Young’s season was a great one. That was a good call. Cam Newton’s 2010 season was probably the best. He scored 50 TD’s while leading the worst defense to win a national title in a long time to an undefeated season. Auburn was 60th in total defense. There’s no national championship team even close to that in recent memory. Much less an undefeated one.

This is a draft where I’d prefer to gamble on the upside of Jordan Love over Burrow. Certainly prefer the talent of Tua over Burrow. I feel like I know how Burrow is going to end up.

I think Burrow is a safer option, but not necessarily a better one in my opinion.

I have a few questions for all the usual internet know nothing jerkoffs that have never been within 4 feet of a mouthpiece in their life but like to pretend they know how all these QB’s are going to end up -

1. What coachable trait of Joe Burrow’s game projects best to the next level?

2. What non-coachable aspect of Joe Burrow’s game project best to the next level?

3. What coachable trait of Burrow’s game projects the worst to the next level?

4. What non-coachable aspect of Burrow’s game projects the worst to the next level?

5. What are 3 things Joe Burrow needs to improve on?

Burrow will be a checkdown king? You are basing this off what exactly? Let me show you what you are ignoring and completely losing what little credibility you had to begin with.

Exhibit A. Notice the wide open TE on the Underneath shallow crossing route (circled in blue) - seems like a checkdown Tom Brady throw.

Screenshot_20200328-073855_YouTube.jpg

Incorrect. Circled in blue below is where the ball actually went. Burrow could have made the easy completion but recognized one on one and made a accurate throw on a deep out breaking route.

Screenshot_20200328-074023_YouTube.jpg

Exhibit 2 - Note the wide open RB circled in blue below, seems like a no brainer gimmie, right? Because Burrow is Mr. Checkdown.

Screenshot_20200328-074144_YouTube.jpg

Incorrect again. Touchdown pass to the WR circled in blue below.

Screenshot_20200328-074304_YouTube.jpg

Exhibit "slim shady doesn't know what he's talking about" - again notice the wide open TE circled in blue below.

Screenshot_20200328-074332_YouTube.jpg

Joe burrow says F that sissy Tom Brady dump off crap. And throws..... You guesses it a touchdown pass. Fun fact did you know Burrow holds the NCAA passing TDs in a single season? Enjoy below

Screenshot_20200328-074355_YouTube.jpg

Exhibit "I get tired of being right" Notice the wide open RB below waiting for the dump off or checkdown or whatever you want to call it.

Screenshot_20200328-074429_YouTube.jpg

*Yawns*

Screenshot_20200328-074458_YouTube.jpg

Exhibit "is this enough evidence that your Statment is false? " Again see below wide open player for the easy completion.

Screenshot_20200328-074556_YouTube.jpg

And the pass and the completion that actually happened down field.

Screenshot_20200328-074639_YouTube.jpg

Exhibit "one more to rub it in" You get the idea a LSU player is wide open for easy completion. Just see below

Screenshot_20200328-074810_YouTube.jpg

And the actual completion below. Oh look it's another TD..... On Alabama :(

Screenshot_20200328-074833_YouTube.jpg

This is a very fiery debate, but in the end a it's a little bit pointless. I'm a Tua guy through and through (probably very hard to tell from my posts :p), on my big board he's #1. However if you discount Burrow as some kind of one season wonder, you doing him a massive disservice. What he put together last year was a season for the ages, it was incredible watching him game by game be outstanding. We can talk all we want about Brady and the Offense, giving that coaching staff all the credit but you don't play virtually mistake free like Burrow did all because of scheme.

At the end of the day this is very much like going into a ice cream parlor and having to pick between your two favourite flavours. Neither side of this argument is wrong they are both exceptional choices, I hate the durability argument against Tua, because folks are just really fitting it into their own agenda, players get hurt all the time, Tua is as susceptible as anyone. Yes he needs to work on not always wanting to play hero ball and take the check down on occasion, but he's already acknowledged that and that is a great start. Personally I would love either in a fins uniform, the gap between these two and the rest of the pack is massive, I'm not sure folks realise how big it is and the media have tried to close it up during this draft process. That's why I think it's imperative that we come away from the draft with one of them. However if they truly do rate someone like Herbert or Love higher than Tua and feel they will fit the scheme they want to run better, then I for one will still support that guy until it becomes obvious they were wrong, then we are back on this coaching carousel we've been on since Don and Jimmy retired.

Exhibit "one more to rub it in" You get the idea a LSU player is wide open for easy completion. Just see below

Are you really that freaking incapable of reading and comprehending?
You just wasted bandwidth and scroll space arguing something that wasn’t said.

Slim said he believes Burrow will be a game manager and check down king in the NFL. You even bolded the exact line.

YET, you present nothing but a few plays of evidence from a couple of his collegiate games.

He didn’t say Burrow was a game manager or check down king last season at LSU. So WTF does any of what you wasted every one’s time posting have to do with what he said or prove him wrong? Hint: it doesn’t.

Furthermore, I’m hopeful Burrow ends up in Cincinnati and in that cold weather division so his deficiencies will be more on display. It’s amazing to me how gullible many fans are over a 1 season sample size. While ignoring what the dude did the 4 years prior. Which was next to nothing.

When Burrow isn’t on a team next season with top 5 talent at every position, you’ll see exactly what Slim is talking about. And the rookie excuses will undoubtedly fly.

Are you really that freaking incapable of reading and comprehending?
You just wasted bandwidth and scroll space arguing something that wasn’t said.

Slim said he believes Burrow will be a game manager and check down king in the NFL. You even bolded the exact line.

YET, you present nothing but a few plays of evidence from a couple of his collegiate games.

He didn’t say Burrow was a game manager or check down king last season at LSU. So WTF does any of what you wasted every one’s time posting have to do with what he said or prove him wrong? Hint: it doesn’t.

Furthermore, I’m hopeful Burrow ends up in Cincinnati and in that cold weather division so his deficiencies will be more on display. It’s amazing to me how gullible many fans are over a 1 season sample size. While ignoring what the dude did the 4 years prior. Which was next to nothing.

When Burrow isn’t on a team next season with top 5 talent at every position, you’ll see exactly what Slim is talking about. And the rookie excuses will undoubtedly fly.

I'm sorry...... Adults are talking kiddo.

This is a very fiery debate, but in the end a it's a little bit pointless. I'm a Tua guy through and through (probably very hard to tell from my posts :p), on my big board he's #1. However if you discount Burrow as some kind of one season wonder, you doing him a massive disservice. What he put together last year was a season for the ages, it was incredible watching him game by game be outstanding. We can talk all we want about Brady and the Offense, giving that coaching staff all the credit but you don't play virtually mistake free like Burrow did all because of scheme.

At the end of the day this is very much like going into a ice cream parlor and having to pick between your two favourite flavours. Neither side of this argument is wrong they are both exceptional choices, I hate the durability argument against Tua, because folks are just really fitting it into their own agenda, players get hurt all the time, Tua is as susceptible as anyone. Yes he needs to work on not always wanting to play hero ball and take the check down on occasion, but he's already acknowledged that and that is a great start. Personally I would love either in a fins uniform, the gap between these two and the rest of the pack is massive, I'm not sure folks realise how big it is and the media have tried to close it up during this draft process. That's why I think it's imperative that we come away from the draft with one of them. However if they truly do rate someone like Herbert or Love higher than Tua and feel they will fit the scheme they want to run better, then I for one will still support that guy until it becomes obvious they were wrong, then we are back on this coaching carousel we've been on since Don and Jimmy retired.
This is a great post! I am sold on both Tua and Burrow. If they were both available to Miami, I'd personally go with Burrow because I don't think you can downplay the injury. But I'd be happy with either and feel very excited about Miami's future.

I also think there's a dropoff from those two to Herbert. But I do think Herbert has closed the gap a little bit with his play in the Senior Bowl.

Last edited:

Thank you, it gets very dull when a debate like this makes it to "your guys sucks!" territory. Obviously both are excellent prospects and just as obviously neither is sure-fire.

Back
Top Bottom