2020 Quarterback Rankings | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 Quarterback Rankings

You should probably hang your hat on the big picture in its entirety. Not one game or two games, or one play or two plays. Everything. If you can’t gather that from my posts you may have a learning disability.

I prefer the big picture with Tua over the big picture with Joe Burrow. Even with the injuries.

The goose egg Burrow put up against Bama wasn’t the end all be all for Burrow anymore than any one game you want to point to for Tua is the end all be all for him. All I’m trying to tell you is you make it too obvious you want to take a snapshot and make it your narrative. Go right ahead.

You’re going to deal with injuries playing football. What makes you special is how you attack the rehab. Your determination to make it back better than you were before. Not a lot of guys have that in ‘em.

Not sure why you always have to turn to personal attacks?

History shows that injury prone QB’s in college tend to continue being injury prone in the NFL... that is just reality. More games in a season, bigger faster players overall.

Doesn’t mean Tua won’t beat those odds...it just means there are odds and risks involved in drafting him.

I do think he’ll need to alter his play a bit to have any chance of surviving in the NFL...if he doesn’t check down more in the NFL and get rid of the ball... his career will be shorter than RG3 as a viable franchise QB.

It was also his 4th year of college football when he finally got the nod to start...3 years he did not start, he was able to grow, and mature and learn. Age-wise, Burrow's first-year starting in college will be Tua's first year in the NFL...

Tua was 33tds-3ints before his injury and the kid did not play the 4th quarter for most of those games...Tua was ripping up college football.

By the way, in Tua's first year as the full-time starter...he threw 46td and just 6 ints...

He also plays on the annually most loaded team in college football... he probably had 4 receivers this year who will end up as 1st round picks...two tackles protecting him that are 1st rounders.

To eliminate the supporting cast in evaluating a QB is a mistake in my opinion.

What’s a larger sample size? A period time? Or actual attempted passes at the college level?

Because if the latter is the scale... Joe Burrow has the larger sample size...with over 900 attempted passes.....while Tua is at 600 plus.

I think many feel Love has a huge ceiling...but he also has a low floor.

We will see what the NFL thinks of these prospects when we see where they were drafted.
With 300 more attempts you would think he would have more TDs than Tua

I think this class of qbs is inevitably going to lead to arguments. Each have their own warts and caters to what people look for in their "guy". I used to be a "live or die" Tua defender, but honestly I would be happy with any of the top 4 after watching their 2019 games (since there is nothing else to watch).

Burrow- Heisman winner, had the best season statistical season ever for a college QB. Has that moxy and fire. Deceptive scrambling ability and tough as nails play style
Tua- The chosen one, just kidding couldn't help myself. The prolific passer, pinpoint accuracy from within the pocket. Outstanding mental processor and distributes the ball like a field general. Only concern is the health and if he can hold up in the pros.
Herbert- The physical specimen, for the scouts who need their "tools" highest floor of the group. Many of his flaws are coachable.
Love- Boom or bust prospect, raw and unrefined, but my god some of the plays he makes few men on this earth can replicate. Could end up being Aaron Rodgers but could also be Colin Kaepernick (the bad version).

Not sure why you always have to turn to personal attacks?

History shows that injury prone QB’s in college tend to continue being injury prone in the NFL... that is just reality. More games in a season, bigger faster players overall.

Doesn’t mean Tua won’t beat those odds...it just means there are odds and risks involved in drafting him.

I do think he’ll need to alter his play a bit to have any chance of surviving in the NFL...if he doesn’t check down more in the NFL and get rid of the ball... his career will be shorter than RG3 as a viable franchise QB.
What History? Not what some talking head says actual research? Ie Proof???

Not what some some former QB with plugs and veneers said either - like proof

Last edited:
Tua is better than Burrow.

No top pick of mine should ever have 4 straight college games with 0 touchdowns. 4, straight ****ing games..as a Junior.
Burrow is Garropolo (Sp?) that is not good enuf for a top ten pick you might as well pick Herbert the longer project and see if he catches fire

Tua is already on fire and his best days are yet ahead of him

You can pay players like Burrow for what they accomplished in College but I wouldn’t - and of course people / players will blame his / their supporting cast but that is what these players signed up for

It will take 3-4 years of losing and a acquiring top 5 picks to see Cinci return to any former glory

A first OA should make everyone around them better that is my opinion

I like Love. He did right by coming out because a bird in the hand...but he might be the #1 pick had he transferred to LSU because while he may not be better than Burrows or Tua (pre-injury), he's as good/better than Fields/Lawrence.

Tua is better than Burrow.

No top pick of mine should ever have 4 straight college games with 0 touchdowns. 4, straight ****ing games..as a Junior.

Man, the guys on here that dont like Burrow, find the oddest things to criticize. Clemson fans must be just as salty as bama fans. For good reason I guess.

Reactions: A1.
Man, the guys on here that dont like Burrow, find the oddest things to criticize. Clemson fans must be just as salty as bama fans. For good reason I guess.

that is one of the more odd ball criticisms I’ve come across.

I'm not salty at all.

Clemson ain't going anywhere.

4 straight 0 touchdown games before he got saved by a 5 wide spread system. Easy pass.

Tua is already on fire and his best days are yet ahead of him

Does that mean that no other QB in this class has their best days in front of them...or does it mean that you are a Tua homer?

You can pay players like Burrow for what they accomplished in College but I wouldn’t - and of course people / players will blame his / their supporting cast but that is what these players signed up for

What are you paying Tua for? What he accomplished in practice?

Burrow had a better season than Tua...to a man. There's no reason to downplay Burrow's skills.

For the record, had he not broken his hand he would have been the starting QB (he was 2nd string..played better n the spring game) at Ohio State instead of Haskins, and nobody would have said a word about it had it transpired like that. Haskins knocked the king off the mountain and took his rightful place there.

I don't understand why Burrow has to be a bum in order to like Tua or Love.

Burrow's stats were inflated by the offense, the coach and the talent but he still showed more than enough ability to be rated very high.

While I agree a healthy Tua is the better prospect, the fact that he is not always healthy is a legit concern.

Gun to my head I think I take Burrow given the choice because of durability.

But I would be more than happy with Tua at 5 and would be fine with a reasonable trade up to get him.Trading up for Burrow would just be too expensive.

Reactions: A1.
I'm not salty at all.

Clemson ain't going anywhere.

4 straight 0 touchdown games before he got saved by a 5 wide spread system. Easy pass.

So you just completly ignore his 2019 tape all together because of this?

Smart.

Back
Top Bottom