2021 Composite Rankings (Offense) | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 Composite Rankings (Offense)

36 might be the spot for RB but certainly not 18.
That's a redicilous position for a team that desperately needs a RB. If at 18 we take the first rb, our top choice pick...we instantly make our offense better. For pick 18...no brainer.

I am not sure that will be the case.

When was the last year we had 3 RB's go in the first 35 picks?

last year 3 were gone in the top 41, 5 by 55.

2018 had 4 gone by 35 (6 in 53)

2017 had 2 in top 10, 4 gone by 50

2015 had 3 in top 36

2012 had 3 in top 32

2010 had 4 gone in top 36

If we are going to want 1 of the top 3 we should honestly either move down from 18 or up from 36 to a spot between 26-32 .... having that 5th year on a contract is important.

Very curious about how Khalil Herbert tests at his pro day on March 26. He was a 4.67 dude out of high school - and he doesn’t look blazing on tape - but he’s a really solid runner for a Day 3 pick.

I usually prefer the really fast guys (like I expect Hubbard will test), but don’t want to pay the Day 2 price. Think Herbert would be a nice complement to the Fins’ RB room.

That's a redicilous position for a team that desperately needs a RB. If at 18 we take the first rb, our top choice pick...we instantly make our offense better. For pick 18...no brainer.
Sorry but that is just too high to be picking RB.

Especially a non Elite RB like any of the top guys this year.

It is just bad business to draft them high and the fact that you would be doing it out of need makes it even worse.

Reaching for need is one of the worst draft mistakes and coupling that with over drafting such a fungible position only worsens it.

I am not sure that will be the case.

When was the last year we had 3 RB's go in the first 35 picks?

Even last year when everyone agrees a pretty good RB class got pushed down further than usual, you still had three go in the top 41 picks. Two of them were gone by 36.

In 2018 there were four gone by pick 36.

In 2015 there were three gone by 36.

In 2012 there were three gone by 36.

Seems to go in 3 year waves and guess which year 2021 is.

Even last year when everyone agrees a pretty good RB class got pushed down further than usual, you still had three go in the top 41 picks. Two of them were gone by 36.

In 2018 there were four gone by pick 36.

In 2015 there were three gone by 36.

In 2012 there were three gone by 36.

Seems to go in 3 year waves and guess which year 2021 is.

To be fair, these are the top-3 picks from those classes:

T. Richardson
D. Martin
D. Wilson

T. Gurley
M. Gordon
T. Yeldon

S. Barkley
R. Penny
S. Michel

Who are you going to get at 36?

Najee Harris, Javonte Williams, and Travis Etienne will all be gone.
Then I'm waiting until rounds three or four. Maybe even double up on RB in those two rounds. Find two backs that compliment each other and use a committee a lot like New England does.

last year 3 were gone in the top 41, 5 by 55.

2018 had 4 gone by 35 (6 in 53)

2017 had 2 in top 10, 4 gone by 50

2015 had 3 in top 36

2012 had 3 in top 32

2010 had 4 gone in top 36

If we are going to want 1 of the top 3 we should honestly either move down from 18 or up from 36 to a spot between 26-32 .... having that 5th year on a contract is important.
Agree about moving down or up to get a rb. Start the run on them, don’t be caught missing out on the one you want

To be fair, these are the top-3 picks from those classes:

T. Richardson
D. Martin
D. Wilson

T. Gurley
M. Gordon
T. Yeldon

S. Barkley
R. Penny
S. Michel
Which also makes the other half of my point for me.

Who has taken a RB high and been happy they did it?

Carolina maybe? And now they are on the hook for huge money and McCaffrey gives them a lost season due to injury.

Taking a RB in the first is like overbidding in an auction... sure, you won the bid, but the remorse generally sets in pretty quickly.

So few of them remain healthy for 5 years... even fewer of them sign a second contract with you. Those that do, get wildly overpaid...

You are drafting a RB for 3-4 years, and that's it, and a first round draft pick for such a short shelf life is... wasteful. It's better to keep taking them in the middle-to-late rounds until you hit on one.

Back
Top Bottom