2021 Composite Rankings (Offense) | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 Composite Rankings (Offense)

That's looking pretty good - well, except for when he played Tua. Other than that I'd say you're sitting pretty right now.

I couldn't find anyone to bet on Herbert. Only found one guy that bet on Joe Burrow. Shame how that ended up. We have one more season to settle it, hopefully Burrow can bet part of it.
I would say we have more than one season. But if Tua's troubles stretch beyond that, than you may just have another Tannehill on your hands. Or maybe you can trade him like the Eagles did Wentz in a couple years. So he can give it a go soamewhere else.

He probably wants to know the same thing about you. How you know what you know. What makes you qualified...etc.

Well he doesn't have to tell me how he's qualified. I didn't ask for that. I probably wouldn't disclose that type of information myself. I'm just some guy on the internet with a few loose screws and a gambling problem. Those are the only qualifications I have.

I would say we have more than one season. But if Tua's troubles stretch beyond that, than you may just have another Tannehill on your hands. Or maybe you can trade him like the Eagles did Wentz in a couple years. So he can give it a go soamewhere else.

Well the particular bet we made is settled after 2 seasons. Those were the terms.

I already tried to get Miami to trade Tua to the Saints. How's Herbert's golf game coming along by the way? You can afford to work on getting that handicap down after a rookie season like that.

Well the particular bet we made is settled after 2 seasons. Those were the terms.

I already tried to get Miami to trade Tua to the Saints. How's Herbert's golf game coming along by the way? You can afford to work on getting that handicap down after a rookie season like that.
HAHA I am sure Tua isn't spending 24 hours a day at the field. 3 hours on your birthday doesnt mean your a workout warrior. As a matter of fact he should probably be careful with those fragile hips, ankles, shoulder. And from what I have heard and seen Herberts offseason is going very well. And nice to see that you read the news that Tiger was meeting him and Brees when he crashed.

Saw a scout bring up about Penei Sewell that there are concerns about his lack of professionalism.

Absolutely. But for me there are even more concerns. I wonder if he'll struggle with his weight. He was 350 in high school and had to lose weight in order to make the move to tackle. Ironically, he's the kid whose game resembles more of a guard when you get right down to it. He was a guard. The lack of true vertical pass sets is a question mark, and he can be completely run by when facing speed.

Like I've always said, to me his best attribute is when he's on the move and gets out on screens. He can be very accurate hitting moving targets and smaller guys in space. But he doesn't have the dominant power to be a generational talent. He's not the finisher that those type of lineman are.

In terms of how athletic he really is vs. a guy like Radunz, a lot of people are on the wrong side and don't realize how athletic Radunz really is.

Last edited:
Absolutely. But for me there are even more concerns. I wonder if he'll struggle with his weight. He was 350 in high school and had to lose weight in order to make the move to tackle. Ironically, he's the kid whose game resembles more of a guard when you get right down to it. The lack of true vertical pass sets is a question mark, and he can be completely run by when facing speed.

Like I've always said, to me his best attribute is when he's on the move and gets out on screens. He can be very accurate hitting moving targets and smaller guys in space. But he doesn't have the dominant power to be a generational talent. He's not the finisher that those type of lineman are.

In terms of how athletic he really is vs. a guy like Radunz, a lot of people are on the wrong side and don't realize how athletic Radunz really is.

I could not agree more that people are on the wrong side and don't realize particularly how athletic Radunz really is.

I've seen Radunz referred to as 'average' that way, I believe by Daniel Jeremiah, and that's almost a disqualifying observation to me as far as a person's ability to evaluate such things in a vacuum without the aid of context cues. It would be like saying Kellen Moore has a howitzer for an arm. Maybe not quite that egregious, but still.

I don't know who will be better. I like Sewell. I like Radunz. I think if Radunz is Joe Staley, and he looks like Joe Staley to me, with a little bit of Joe Thomas mixed in, then you're going to step back and say yeah he's probably the best tackle in the class because it's tough to imagine someone even better.

But how *anyone* can declare Penei Sewell 'generational' without having seen him against an NFL pass rusher, even a mediocre one, is truly beyond me. You can go a very long way in rating Sewell, despite the fact he never really faced any NFL pass rushers. But there's just no way to cross that chasm to 'generational' if he doesn't have a body count.

Absolutely correct. My rankings essentially reflect what I'm willing to bet on. I'm not at all comfortable classifying Sewell as a generational talent. I know what those guys look like. They look like Quentin Nelson. They look like Chris Samuels. Finishers.

It's also why I have Smitty above Chase. One is perceived as too small to play. It's a perception. But the body of work over 4 years speaks for itself.

The other needs work on his route running and dealing with press which you've done an excellent job in highlighting. He might break out in year 2 or year 3 like Eric Moulds did after he had time to work on his issues, but I wouldn't expect him to do what Justin Jefferson did as a rookie. A lot of people are willing to bet on short samples. The flaws are still there.

In that way, one hundred and fifty percent, Devonta Smith is further along on the road to being able to be declared 'generational' as a wide receiver prospect.

Why? Because I can throw on the tape of him going up against Derek Stingley, Jaycee Horn, Parnell Motley, Noah Igbinoghene, Shaun Wade, Tyson Campbell, Eric Stokes, Keidron Smith, Brandin Echols, even Cam Dantzler once or twice, and I will absolutely find tape of Devonta Smith winning the reps.

Did Devonta Smith win every rep? No. But he won enough reps relative to the number of times they really faced up, to know that the receiver won the day.

Truthfully, the only guy I've seen win the day on Devonta Smith...is Kelvin Joseph.

And as much as I have criticized the fact that you really can't say the same about Ja'Marr Chase when he went up against the likes of Noah Igbinoghene, D.J. Daniel, Parnell Motley, Pat Surtain, Cam Dantzler, and C.J. Henderson...fact of the matter is he took apart two NFL players in Trevon Diggs and A.J. Terrell, and he also took apart Eric Stokes. So there IS a body count. It might not be quite as extensive. But it's there.

For that matter, we talk about Kyle Pitts, how special he is, how NFL evaluators think he's the most likely player to end up in the Hall of Fame. Well guess what? Body count. You can stack up reps of him beating Jaycee Horn, Pat Surtain, Derek Stingley, Tyson Campbell, Kelvin Joseph, Grant Delpit.

Penei Sewell doesn't have a body count. I don't know that I really count Bradlee Anae, or even Kenny Willekes. Zack Baun isn't even a pass rusher at the NFL level, and I thought Baun illustrated Pach's point about beating Sewell around the edge anyway.

Radunz to me looks like an Olympic wrestler. If that's not an athlete, then I suppose I've got my definitions messed up.

The guys who look unhurried and in control against great opposition are the one to look out for. I was a DJ Humphriesn fan coming out - when nobody on here was - for that reason. He made it look easy. Darrisaw, Radunz, Carman to a degree.. these guys trust their technique and don't panic. Even Christensen is like that. Those are the players i would bet on. On the inside, Moore of Grambling St is another guy who isn't the greatest athlete but has the technique and the patient demeanour to keep guys in front of him.

Yeah the point I was trying to make about Radunz and Daniel Jeremiah is, whether he ultimately ends up very good or not very good, you can't call him an 'average' athlete and get away with that. It's just not true.

I like Brady Christensen a lot.

I will say this, Rashawn Slater surprised me how good of an athlete he is. Just doesn't look it to me on the field but that's probably more my problem than his.

I'm ready to defend my top two overall for this draft and both are offense.
Waddle and Pitts tops my list this year and are literally 1A and 1B for me. Not QB at #1 again this year.

I had Chase Young as my overall number one last year.

That kid Radunz seems to have the attention of a number of teams and looks like an R2 target.

Seems pretty doubtful he'll last to #81 (our R3) so barring a trade down from 3 with some additional '21 picks

we'd probably have to take him at 50. I get the feeling that #50 pick is going to be pretty suspenseful!

>>> BTW you guys think Radunz is more ideal in heavy zone block scheme?

Yeah the point I was trying to make about Radunz and Daniel Jeremiah is, whether he ultimately ends up very good or not very good, you can't call him an 'average' athlete and get away with that. It's just not true.

I like Brady Christensen a lot.

I will say this, Rashawn Slater surprised me how good of an athlete he is. Just doesn't look it to me on the field but that's probably more my problem than his.

As usual, I agree with most of Slimm's rankings, and I agree with most of your takes. Slater looks awesome to me, though. Suboptimal length for OT, absolutely, but that's the biggest knock I have for him. Plays with easy power and gets to his spots in a hurry.

When looking at Slimm's rankings, Slater and T. Jenkins are the two names that stood out as guys I'm higher on.

That kid Radunz seems to have the attention of a number of teams and looks like an R2 target.

Seems pretty doubtful he'll last to #81 (our R3) so barring a trade down from 3 with some additional '21 picks

we'd probably have to take him at 50. I get the feeling that #50 pick is going to be pretty suspenseful!

>>> BTW you guys think Radunz is more ideal in heavy zone block scheme?
I would guess Radunz is more likely to go R1 than R3 and is a solid early 2nd rounder.Probably off the board before #50.

Back
Top Bottom