2022 Quarterbacks (Underclassman) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2022 Quarterbacks (Underclassman)

Jayden Daniels is fun to watch. Nobody seems to be talking about him. Anyone got a read on him because to me he looks pretty good.

Jayden Daniels is fun to watch. Nobody seems to be talking about him. Anyone got a read on him because to me he looks pretty good.

He’s got a live arm and can make just about all the throws. Athletic and mobile.

The main concern is how slender he’s built. At 6’3” and only 185 pounds, that’s just extremely slight. There’s just not any QB’s playing at the next level that skinny.

Daniels doesn’t really look like a kid that’s going to enter the draft early, but we’ll see. Staying for his Senior year can only help him. Especially if he makes himself a regular at In-and-Out Burger.

Last edited:
What’s the word on Sam Hartman’s pro prospects? He’s impressed me this year.

Day 3 quarterback. Profiles as a backup/3rd quarterback.

Lack of height hurts him as a prospect, but I like him. He’s a gamer. Gets the most out of what he has and makes his team better.

Everyone will love the kid. Some teams just won’t like his prospects as a pro.

I get a little tired of watching bean poles with bad feet like Jayden Daniels sometimes but he does have a nice pure combo.

I'm trying to figure out why you seem to hate Grayson McCall so much.

That dude is a ****ing chanticleer. He will beat you on Sunday and then text your wife Sunday night.

He was always full of diesel and Frank's red hot but his work this year is really impressive.

Some of the throws in this game are insane.

Slimm I know next-to-nothing about this guy but last week I was at the USF-Temple game and the Temple QB D'Wan Mathis really impressed me.

He's got great size at 6'6", has an arm on him, and is a legit athlete. That all in itself is a nice combination.

He seemed very calm back there even though he's on a really bad team. He kept fighting. By the end of it Temple's only hope was to just have this guy do everything and he came close to it. The picks he threw in the USF game weren't even really his fault.

His throwing still seems a bit green at times. Like you'll see a turn-and-throw and the accuracy isn't there. But I never got the sense that inherent accuracy was an issue.

Again I know nothing about him and I haven't even gone to film for more than what I saw in-stadium. I just thought this might be a dude.

Slimm I know next-to-nothing about this guy but last week I was at the USF-Temple game and the Temple QB D'Wan Mathis really impressed me.

He's got great size at 6'6", has an arm on him, and is a legit athlete. That all in itself is a nice combination.

He seemed very calm back there even though he's on a really bad team. He kept fighting. By the end of it Temple's only hope was to just have this guy do everything and he came close to it. The picks he threw in the USF game weren't even really his fault.

His throwing still seems a bit green at times. Like you'll see a turn-and-throw and the accuracy isn't there. But I never got the sense that inherent accuracy was an issue.

Again I know nothing about him and I haven't even gone to film for more than what I saw in-stadium. I just thought this might be a dude.

Yeah I watched him last year to begin the season for Georgia. He was awful. Just really bad. That's when they decided to go to Stetson Bennett and Mathis transferred out.

He reminds me a lot of James Blackman when he was at Florida St. Just not for me.

Yeah now that I'm looking into him, it shows that I'm not at all into the recruiting game, nor am I deep into college football, or else I'd already know all about him. He was a major recruit, had FBS scholarship offers in 8th grade. Committed to Iowa State, then Michigan State, then Ohio State. Then he felt like they lied to him about Justin Fields so he committed to Georgia.

And then in 2019 he had an excruciating headache, the Georgia medical staff had him do a CT scan, and hours later he's on the table for emergency brain surgery to remove a brain cyst that could've burst any minute. He would've died. To make it back from that is itself pretty impressive. But it's clear in those first starts for Georgia back in 2020 that he wasn't ready.

I'm always wary of guys who seem like big career disappointment guys, and that's what D'Wan Mathis seems like, but when you think about excuses for that sort of thing, "emergency brain surgery" is a pretty good one.

Even now I watched him in the USF game and he looked green to me. But I'm looking forward to seeing what he could be maybe by the end of 2022.

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out why you seem to hate Grayson McCall so much.

That dude is a ****ing chanticleer. He will beat you on Sunday and then text your wife Sunday night.

He was always full of diesel and Frank's red hot but his work this year is really impressive.

Some of the throws in this game are insane.

I wouldn't say I hate him - but I'm very unsure of him. I see him get away with a lot of things against poor Sun Belt competition week in and week out that just don't fly against better competition.

Have you watched his tape against BYU last year? Let me know what you think about it if you get a chance to watch it. Let me know what you notice. Although he is improved from last year - little bigger and arm is a little stronger.

The offense is unique in terms of how they take advantage of man coverage. That's why you see a team with better athletes like BYU play zone against him - rush 3 and drop 8 in coverage with a spy.

I did admire for him for trying to throw a block for his guy against Khyiris Tonga about halfway through the 4th quarter of that game. It's a hilarious play. 🤣 Suffice it to say McCall regretted going for that one immediately.

I wouldn't say I hate him - but I'm very unsure of him. I see him get away with a lot of things against poor Sun Belt competition week in and week out that just don't fly against better competition.

Have you watched his tape against BYU last year? Let me know what you think about it if you get a chance to watch it. Let me know what you notice. Although he is improved from last year - little bigger and arm is a little stronger.

The offense is unique in terms of how they take advantage of man coverage. That's why you see a team with better athletes like BYU play zone against him - rush 3 and drop 8 in coverage with a spy.

I did admire for him for trying to throw a block for his guy against Khyiris Tonga about halfway through the 4th quarter of that game. It's a hilarious play. 🤣 Suffice it to say McCall regretted going for that one immediately.

Oh I fully admit I didn't love his tape last year. I really didn't and I'm pretty sure the BYU game was specifically in my memory of that, as I watched that game on both sides because of some of the players in it.

But this year he just seems on a different level. Again some of these throws...

Oh I fully admit I didn't love his tape last year. I really didn't and I'm pretty sure the BYU game was specifically in my memory of that, as I watched that game on both sides because of some of the players in it.

But this year he just seems on a different level. Again some of these throws...

The little DB #6 for App. St. looks like he could play DB for Bama the way he refuses to get his head around and take free interceptions.

Only thing that concerns me about Matt Corral is the mental ceiling in terms of playing quarterback. Not entirely sure what the upside is there.

His best traits are a quick, efficient release of the football - toughness and competitiveness. He’ll die on the football field to make a play.

He’s a more fierce competitor than a kid like Zach Wilson in my opinion, despite sharing similar QB attributes.

Sam Howell is also a fierce competitor. The most surprising thing I’ve seen of Howell this season is how strong his lower body is. It’s unique. Difficult to bring down and breaks so many tackles with awesome leg strength.

Carson Strong must be protected with an offensive line more than any of the others. But if you can do that for him, he can be the best. If you have a poor offensive line, don’t bother drafting him. Let him go to a team that can protect him.

Only thing that concerns me about Matt Corral is the mental ceiling in terms of playing quarterback. Not entirely sure what the upside is there.

His best traits are a quick, efficient release of the football - toughness and competitiveness. He’ll die on the football field to make a play.

He’s a more fierce competitor than a kid like Zach Wilson in my opinion, despite sharing similar QB attributes.

Sam Howell is also a fierce competitor. The most surprising thing I’ve seen of Howell this season is how strong his lower body is. It’s unique. Difficult to bring down and breaks so many tackles with awesome leg strength.

Carson Strong must be protected with an offensive line more than any of the others. But if you can do that for him, he can be the best. If you have a poor offensive line, don’t bother drafting him. Let him go to a team that can protect him.

The thing I've been trying to find a way to articulate about Matt Corral is he's got a playing style that is totally at odds with his slender frame, and it's already gotten him hurt. I mean, if we thought Tua Tagovailoa was questionable that way, this is so much worse, IMO.

Corral is not 6'2" nor is he 205 lbs. But this is supposed to be a run & gun type of player who is carrying the ball 11 times for 64 yards per game? I have my doubts about that. And I wonder if his complexion as a player changes when next level coaches design an offense that aims to protect him more than to use his wheels to scare defenses.

Couldn't agree with you more about Carson Strong, though. Thing that I like about him that could help keep him healthy at the next level is he has such incredible confidence in that arm of his, he's perfectly comfortable backing away from the rush to keep clean. There are times to step up, times to step aside, and times to step back. But some of those QBs don't really like stepping back. The ones who are good at avoiding critical contact seem comfortable with that, though.

Going off topic here so feel free to ignore me - How does Bryce Young compare to Tua & Mac Jones in your eyes?

Back
Top Bottom