2023 draft.....who you like? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2023 draft.....who you like?

Feels like Travis Dye has been playing college football since the Obama administration.

The second round is a sweet spot to draft a running back. I don’t know what the strengths of this upcoming draft are, but RB, TE, and LB make sense in round 2

I agree that we will see multiple RB's go in Round 2 but unless Gibbs is there I would not consider RB that early and i don't think the team will either.

I agree that we will see multiple RB's go in Round 2 but unless Gibbs is there I would not consider RB that early and i don't think the team will either.

Yes on both accounts. Doubt we're going with our top selection but if Gibbs is there, how do you not?

CB, TE, LB, OG and RB are where I'm thinking our needs will be and CB is SOOOOOO FAR in front of the other 3 positions that's where my focus is going to be until April.

TE is the concerning position for me.

As always we will have to wait to see how FA plays out. Who they lose and who they add.

They need to extend Wilkins and Gesicki will surely be gone for example.

They are probably not going to be throwing big $$$$ around but a few strategic signings could shore up some problem areas and add depth, especially if the Fins are looking like a legit playoff contender which a vet who has made his $$$ might want to join.

Yes on both accounts. Doubt we're going with our top selection but if Gibbs is there, how do you not?

CB, TE, LB, OG and RB are where I'm thinking our needs will be and CB is SOOOOOO FAR in front of the other 3 positions that's where my focus is going to be until April.

TE is the concerning position for me.
I was hoping Long would emerge this season. Who knows what Miami has in him.

Tank Bigsby, of Auburn, could ne an interesting back in that 2nd to 3rd round range. He has some good power to his game.

At a reported 4.52 speed-wise, he might be too slow for McDaniel's liking, though.

With the addition of Jeff Wilson Jr I would think RB will not be a target with the 2nd or 3rd round picks Miami has to spend.

CB and LB would be the needs on D with LB being the bigger immediate concern but the Fins do need to prepare for life with X and Jones down the road.

I would always entertain a talented DL player should he be there needs be damned.

Offensively I would like to find a proper C so Williams can return to LG, or a legit LG if Williams plays well enough to keep him at C.

A TE who fits what McDaniel wants would be nice in the R 2-3 area, Dalton Kincaid and Darnell Washington could be there late R 2. Luke Musgrave is out for the year with a knee injury but he looked legit before he went down.He could be a value/gamble pick much like Garret Williams CB from Syracuse.

Now that we are drafting so much farther down, projecting our pick is a real crap shoot, but I'm taking a longer and longer look at Michigan's Mike Morris.
He's an Ogbah style DE, 6'6" and 292#. This is the first year that he's put up nice sack numbers, but with a player of this size, sacks will always be his second responsibility.-- like Ogbah.

Unless he surprises at the combine, he could be had in the 2nd, or maybe even the third round.

He might be a bit of a projection, but he looks the part.

Now that we are drafting so much farther down, projecting our pick is a real crap shoot, but I'm taking a longer and longer look at Michigan's Mike Morris.
He's an Ogbah style DE, 6'6" and 292#. This is the first year that he's put up nice sack numbers, but with a player of this size, sacks will always be his second responsibility.-- like Ogbah.

Unless he surprises at the combine, he could be had in the 2nd, or maybe even the third round.

He might be a bit of a projection, but he looks the part.
Morris would be a solid pick I wouldn't mind it. If he is not there though, I would love to take To'o To'o from Bama. Think can fit in nicely at LB and we need help in that area.

Morris would be a solid pick I wouldn't mind it. If he is not there though, I would love to take To'o To'o from Bama. Think can fit in nicely at LB and we need help in that area.
Getting To'o To'o in the 2nd and Morris in the third would be my perfect draft.

Back
Top Bottom