2023 draft.....who you like? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2023 draft.....who you like?

Yes. For quick reference you can do a quick Control+F search inside any of my draft threads stickied here and just type "Purdue" in the search box.

But the Center Gus Hartwig is an underrated player. The draftniks will begin talking about him after the season, but he's a player. Also the QB Aidan O'Connell is a nice Day 3 quarterback prospect for a team looking to develop a backup.

The RB Kobe Lewis hasn't gotten going yet since he's probably trying to get caught up on the offensive system after transferring over from C. Michigan, but he's another Day 3 type RB.

Kydran Jenkins at DE is a young player but has some NFL potential. Also TE Payne Durham and LB Jalen Graham.

My two highest graded Boilermakers are WR Charlie Jones and S Cam Allen. Jones transferred from Iowa and he's uncoverable from the slot, while also having kick/punt return ability on special teams. He reminds me a lot of Brandon Stokley coming out of UL-Lafayette years ago.

Cam Allen is a very experienced Safety with decent size and balls skills that played QB in high school. Takes good angles to the ball and is a smart player. He's played since he stepped foot on campus in West Lafayette after making the transition to DB. He'll make a roster in the NFL.

Awesome. You just made my Saturday a little more annoying for my wife and much work thrilling for me.

Speaking of Purdue I’m going to pat myself on the back for pounding the table for Zander Horvath FB.

It's nice to the see the position make a little bit of a comeback after going the way of the Dodo for many years. It used to be one of the more fun positions to evaluate. Now I don't even bother.

That's my era of football. Offense just doesn't look right to me without a fullback on the field to be honest.

I think Drew Sanders from Arkansas (formerly bama) could be a serious 1st round target. Versatile ILB/OLB hybrid, has 5.5 sacks through week 3

I have a pretty good man crush on Broderick Jones and I can't help but wonder what McDaniel could do with Michael Mayer at TE.

I am also intrigued by Achane's speed and explosiveness.

If the 49ers lose next week this thread is going to change drastically. With their schedule they could easily implode. I’m going to dream drafting of Will Anderson until the 49ers win 5 games.

Me too.

I’ve been on record early being all-in on Anderson.

Obviously he’s a top player and every team would covet him.

I’m just saying as far as Miami is concerned and where they are today talent wise — Anderson should be at the very top of their draft board.

If they hypothetically somehow landed the #1 pick they don’t need a QB and have 2 elite offensive playmakers. Adding the top defensive playmaker in this draft would seem to be the right move. I don’t see a lineman I’d take over Anderson.

Of course the argument would be made to trade down, but I wouldn’t trade down past where I could get Anderson. Which is probably is around #3 .

Not sure if he's gonna declare this year, but I feel like Brock Bowers is the only guy off the top of my head that I would trade up for. Hope he stays healthy and has a great career wherever he winds up.

I know this might not be popular, but I keep coming back to Robinson at running back. He's almost always in that area that Miami is projected to draft, at least with mocks.

I know corner, pass rusher, offensive tackle and MLB are bigger needs. But I think Robinson could be a move the needle type pick. He could do for this offensive line what Ricky Williams accomplished with some less than stellar blocking.

I think Robinson will be gone by the time Miami gets to use SF's pick.

I would be looking to trade down unless a quality OL/Edge or CB was there.

I would love to grab Gibbs in R2.

I think Robinson will be gone by the time Miami gets to use SF's pick.

I would be looking to trade down unless a quality OL/Edge or CB was there.

I would love to grab Gibbs in R2.
Give me Corum round 3

Give me Corum round 3
There are quite a few day 2 RB's worth looking at.

Achane, Tucker, Evans, Bigsby, Charbonnet, etc....

Achane might be too light for Mcdaniel but his speed is otherwordly. Corum is short but he is not small and he runs tough.

Back
Top Bottom