2023 SF Pick Watch | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2023 SF Pick Watch

They gonna run lance to contact fellas it’s just another extension of their run game. Sometbing garrop didn’t provide and San Fran in terms of garrops warts and ceiling is right to move on.

Where lance would be absolutely lethal and probably no answer for anyone is if he shows he can make secondary reads from the pocket as a passer. Good thing I don’t think he can cause he’d be in the josh allen arms and legs combo with frame for contact territory at that point.

He’s still gonna murder folks with his legs. And he’s got a cannon arm.

They will limit the qb exposure if they need to

We need young Trey Lance to sh*t the bed big time.

But with a strong OL and likely a well paid and happy Deebo Samuel he will probably do fine and SF will win 11-12 games.

Expect the pick to be in the mid 20's or worse.

Miami's pick might well be very close to it so the Fins will probably have two picks in the 20's.

Which will give them the leverage to move up or down or just sit tight and take two good football players.*

*This message courtesy of Captain Obvious. ;)

View attachment 109261
I don't know if Lance has to crap the bed form SF to not even make the playoffs. SF kinda lucked into the playoffs last year and we're a quarter away from being the 16th pick, Rams craped the bed in the 4th.

While Lance has the bigger upside over Jimmy G, Jimmy was effective in the SF system. I could see Lance putting up better overall individual fantasy #s yet loose more games. SF has been know to win a lot of close games. The D is good. They control the ball with running and timing passes to allow YAC. Jimmy was good at the process of getting the ball out quick and on time to allow those YAC. Also Jimmy was a better QB in the second half won some close games (PR 93.8 1st, 101.3).

It will be interesting how Lance does. I think he will make more splash plays for sure. But will he be as efficient in the normal plays and how will he be in the 4th in close games. You can say what you want about Jimmy(as he not a top QB) but he tends to find ways to squeeze out wins/not lose in close games, hence he is 33-14 as a started in SF.

Yup J, can't wait to see what happens. This would be the year for San Francisco to stink up the joint. With so many talented QB's who potentially make up a good portion of the top 5-10 picks. It could and should bring a hefty bounty of draft capital, if San Francisco, falters and finishes, somewhere in the top 5-10 and Miami decides to trade it.
I hope Tua balls out, Miami has a top 5 pick and picks up a kings Ransom and grows the Laremy Tunsil Trade tree further hahaha

Are we really posting about a decent team on crapping the bed to get a better draft pick? We've been there before. Just let it play out. I'm more interested in Tua right now and not having to worry about giving up a couple of #1s and other picks to get a bonefide, stud, cannot fail, future HOFer QB..... 😉

Are we really posting about a decent team on crapping the bed to get a better draft pick? We've been there before. Just let it play out. I'm more interested in Tua right now and not having to worry about giving up a couple of #1s and other picks to get a bonefide, stud, cannot fail, future HOFer QB..... 😉
I mean why can't we discuss SF since we have their first round pick, and it is 1 thread. I am more interested in Tua as well. But last time I looked there are plenty of threads to discuss Tua and new ones made pretty much everyday. We can discuss things other then Tua, this is a Dolphins site and the Dolphins have SFs first round pick.

completely disagree, rooting for a high draft pick is fun as hell and important as hell..literally can change the course of a team if you nail it.

While I would love to see the Dolphins get a top 15 pick with the SF pick. I believe the 49ers are going to be a very good team next year and I think the pick will likely be in the 26-32 range.

Last time it happened, was a few years ago, when an expected playoff Texans team, fell apart, and gave us a pick so high, Miami turned it to a premium WR, and a ridiculous load if high picks from those same 49ers.

It's what happens when you lose key players and/or coaches from the year before.

completely disagree, rooting for a high draft pick is fun as hell and important as hell..literally can change the course of a team if you nail it.
Yep. The Texans one was fun as heck. A lot of people also said why are we discussing this, they have Watson they will at least be in playoff contention. And yet we got the #3 pick.

Back
Top Bottom