2023 SF Pick Watch | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2023 SF Pick Watch

I want a great pick like ALL Dolphin Fans should(49ers pick) BUT I wouldn’t count our chickens before they hatch?? I’m a NDSU Bison fan too and Lance is legit. A lot of factors can come into play but based on his performance ONLY we will not get a top 10 pick. Sorry Folks. 🐬🐬

What are the chances Lance plays like a top QB and the niners go deep into the playoffs while we miss the playoffs? Gotta give that a pretty decent chance based on history.

I want a great pick like ALL Dolphin Fans should(49ers pick) BUT I wouldn’t count our chickens before they hatch?? I’m a NDSU Bison fan too and Lance is legit. A lot of factors can come into play but based on his performance ONLY we will not get a top 10 pick. Sorry Folks. 🐬🐬
Lot of talk out there that he’s mature beyond his years.

Hopefully still has the growing pains and doesn’t pull a Marino

What are the chances Lance plays like a top QB and the niners go deep into the playoffs while we miss the playoffs? Gotta give that a pretty decent chance based on history.
I wouldn't weight that on history as much as I'd weight it on how damn difficult the AFC is this year versus the NFC. It could be another year where the Fins have 10 wins and miss the playoffs while some 7 win NFC team makes it.

Again running QBs get drilled all the time like Lance did last year in limited game action I think it was Zona

SF could be in a heap of trouble if Jimmy is not on the roster and Lance gets popped again playing hero ball -

Again running QBs get drilled all the time like Lance did last year in limited game action I think it was Zona

SF could be in a heap of trouble if Jimmy is not on the roster and Lance gets popped again playing hero ball -

I dont think its an issue with them getting popped. Alot of the thicker QB's can take the hits over the course of a season and be unphased. I just think its the hits over the course of seasons is when you start to see the issues.

I dont think its an issue with them getting popped. Alot of the thicker QB's can take the hits over the course of a season and be unphased. I just think its the hits over the course of seasons is when you start to see the issues.

Yes over the course of a career it is going to have an impact aka Josh Allen he like Newton thinks he is invincible

Lance playing hero ball vs Zona wk 5
4th and 1 and this will not make for a long career

I like Trey Lance and his potential. I hope he has a great career. I also like SF. But this season, I hope they trade Jimmy G., Lance struggles and it ends up a high pick. I'm not counting on it, but that's what I'll be rooting for.

There is solid reasons San Francisco could take a significant step backwards….losing McDaniel could be very impactful potentially…the young QB….O-line losses to include Mack retiring and Tomlinson leaving.

It would be nice should Tua fail or get injured again!
Or it would be even nicer, if Tua plays great and we trade that (high SF pick) for a crap load to a QB needy team or just take Will Anderson Jr.

I expect the Niners to be just as good or better on Offense. They'll take a dip defensively, but Lance's potential upgrade over Jimmy could offset enough to still be considered a playoff team overall.

But, the NFC West is pretty tough with the exception of Seattle.

Arizona is getting slept on, to a degree because of DHop. But, their Defense is gonna carry them until he gets back. This is a dangerous team.

And the Superbowl Champs. They probably sweep Seattle and split the other two matchups. So, 4-2 in division. 6-7 more wins gets them in the playoffs too.

We'll probably end up with back to back picks in the middle 20's. I'm good with that scenario.

A top 3 and number 32 is a dream....

Nice, big loss for them. Now just need them to not get cold feet about Jimmy G. I’m just worried they will say hey nothing much too lose as we can’t get a good pick might as well roll with better qb. Problem with that is you totally destroy Lance’s confidence after you’ve come out and said it’s his team pretty much. We’ve seen with Tua how important confidence can be and how you don’t treat a young qb

Let's face it, since Dan Marino owned the NFL, Miami has been unacceptable...

I like Tua but I'm not buying anything until I see it.

That aside, a few times over, the Dolphins need the draft cosmic forces to be like, well, he's there if you want him.

Don't complicate it...
While there are some interesting QB’s in next years draft, I really don’t see any can’t miss QB’s in the 2023 draft.

Stroud and Young appear to be the top two QB’s and there are question marks for both of them.

Stroud is at Ohio State where it seems every QB has had great success over the last decade but so far none of those QB’s have had much success in the NFL. Perhaps Stroud will change that scenario but I certainly wouldn’t trade two first round picks to move up and draft any Ohio State QB.

I actually like Young more than Stroud but he looks much smaller than he is listed and as Tua has found out, he won’t have an offensive line in the NFL comparable to the OL he has at Alabama. Especially if he is being drafted by a team that has the worst or second worst record in the league in 2022.

I really don’t see another QB in the 2023 draft that appears to be a quality first round pick. As a Hurricane fan, I like Van Dyke but I see him more as a 2nd or 3rd round pick at this time but maybe a great 2022 season will move him into the first round.

Hopefully Tua will show next season that he is the long term answer for the Dolphins but if he doesn’t, I just don’t see the long term answer at the QB position in next years draft.

Dude is ridiculous. Heck he can but his hand on the ground as well in obvious pass situation. Just a massive playmaker, sacks, TFL, pressure, run D. Not just his physical skill set but read and reaction was amazing for a true sophomore.
It starts with the brain; the body is simply icing on the cake - LOL

I disagree.

We gained a lot via FA this year, especially our OL, along with our new coach. Even our secondary got improved and it wasn't too bad last year. Tua is fully healed and has shown he has the mental toughness to survive the OC coaching disfunction that has been a big part of our problem since he has been here, while still generating a winning W-L record when he played. I feel we have made some serious improvements in our coaching staff too. I feel we will improve our W-L record significantly for those reasons.

SF lost more in terms of top NFL position players and at least one important coach this pre-season. They have as yet to make a final decision on their QB as far as I know of. I do not see how they can repeat last years success under these conditions.

In the end, I see SF slipping backwards and I see the Dolphins moving forward this season - the only real question in my mind isn't are we better; it's how much better will we be this year.

We are looking pretty good from my point of view.

Back
Top Bottom