2024 NFL Draft Day 2 Thread | Page 68 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2024 NFL Draft Day 2 Thread

Lamm was okay but he isn’t the type player who the Dolphins can rely on to be their starting LT over an entire season.

I admitted that Jackson improved quite a bit last season but it took him 4 years to get to that level of play. I doubt Armstead had anything to do with Jackson’s improvement. I think it was just better coaching and Jackson finally matured enough to play in the NFL.

I agree Smith, Lamm and Jackson played fairly well last year. I just don’t see Paul getting much playing time in 2024 unless the OL has as many injuries as the OL did last year.

I was hoping they would draft a guard who could come in and play immediately. I just don’t think that is Paul but hopefully he will prove me wrong.
I wouldn’t have been disappointed with a G in that spot. Or Corley.

But my guess is that the Dolphins saw the value of a T as more substantial than the G position at 55. And a T they liked was there.

If eichenberg is a starter on the OL, we’ll be a disaster

He did a much better job at right guard as opposed to center which I never understood the transition to begin with.

Right now you’ve got Eichenberg, Driscoll, and Robert Jones competing for that spot. Barry has mentioned that if we don’t draft a guard they will likely sign a vet with starter experience.

Risner needs a savior before he melts down on Twitter. Let’s save him.

Yup. Nobody improves. Austin didn't. Eich won't. Everybody has to get here fully made. Cut Chop and Paul now, because their best football is ahead of them.
Austin always had the athleticism to be decent. Eichenberg no shot at being nothing but a backup. Sorry to bust your eichenberg cherry

Eichenberg is better than Paul IMO. I won’t be surprised at all if Eichenberg makes a giant step forward in his development, just like Jackson did last year.
I’d be massively surprised if Eichenberg took a giant step. I just don’t see any upside at this point.

Who say`s he wont fill in this year when TA starts to miss games ?
Everything I have read from just about every football analyst says he needs quite a bit of work. Have you read something different?

The only reason Eichenberg could possibly be on the roster this season is as a backup Center. He has absolutely no shot at starting or even backing up any other position. He will not get any better ever, and will be selling used cars this time next year.

If you think he’s not a project, that’s wonderful. I believe he needs to be coached up and coached up a lot. He is raw. I hope he turns out to be Richmond Webb 2.0 but I can guarantee it. It won’t be this year.
No more a project than any of the other rookie LTs we may have picked. No rookie is a finished product.

The only reason Eichenberg could possibly be on the roster this season is as a backup Center. He has absolutely no shot at starting or even backing up any other position. He will not get any better ever, and will be selling used cars this time next year.
Grier picked him in the 2nd round and in fact traded up for him. Hopefully this 2nd round pick pans out better.

Exactly. This is why I advocate for drafting offensive linemen who give up dozens of sacks. Fool me once, shame on you. No more players who block well for me! Ideally I want my left tackle to get credited with 12-16 sacks per season.
I am not taking anything away from Paul for his ability to prevent sacks at the college level. I merely pointed out that Eichenberg gave up zero sacks at ND over his last 2 years to show that the college game is much different than the NFL.

Perhaps Paul will be a productive player for the Dolphins but his age, years in college and the fact he is viewed as
a project is concerning to me. If you are happy with the pick, that’s fine with me.

Can we trade some future picks to get back in this draft?

I'd love to pick up a WR or the TE from Texas….(even though I think Johnou & the TE we picked up from KC both look solid).

Back
Top Bottom