2024 NFL Draft Day 2 Thread | Page 79 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2024 NFL Draft Day 2 Thread

We got an Edge and OT. I’m happy enough.

I can nitpick but at end of the day this is who we need to support as Miami Dolphins in 2024.

I think that those posters who predicted we would go Edge and then OT should present themselves and take a bow.

I clearly remember there being two or three posters who made such projections. I wish I was one of them.

We don't pick again until round 5 and we have acquired 0 starters.

People need to wake up, this team is heading in the wrong direction quick AF.
Well... Chop will likely start early in the season as our 3 vets all heal... and even if somehow all three of them are miraculously ready by camp ( no chance), then Chop will still see lots of snaps as a designated pass rusher.

Starting? As a edge? That's a nebulous concept, there is a lot of substitution that goes on there.

...and Paul? We ABSOLUTELY had to draft a Tackle this year. Otherwise, we'd have no Tackle next year...

I LOVE this draft. Love it.

I think Grier nailed it.

Could make a trade to get in the 4th round to pick again. I want bother you anymore.
No bother at all. You have your opinion and I have mine.

My opinion, which is shared with the "professional scouts" is that both picks are freak athletes with raw talent but unpolished technique.

We do not have three years to develop Paul and another year for Chop.

When Cheetah leaves our SB window is absolutely shut, if it's not already.

We needed guys who day 1 come in.

We have drafted 0 day 1 starters since McDaniel became HC.

Achane is the only rookie he has had that even contributed. Now granted we traded and lost picks.

Point being, this staff so hell bent on "coaching em up" has coached up exactly 0 starting rookies, which we desperately needed.

And now we have two projects...

This leads me to believe they already have identified his flaws... and have a program in place to correct them.

When the first words out of their mouths are... we are going to lock you up with your position coach... this says a lot.

We’ve ensured we have some pass rush the first half of the year, which was a question mark and we’ve ensured that we’ll have OT depth at the end of the year, going into the playoffs.

Nothing to dislike.

I think that those posters who predicted we would go Edge and then OT should present themselves and take a bow.

I clearly remember there being two or three posters who made such projections. I wish I was one of them.
Well... I had hoped one of the big 5 OTs would fall... and sadly, that didn't happen.

I will say that I was MUCH higher on Chop than Verse. That would have been tough for me to swallow.

And, who posted the 6'6 number? I looked at the 2020 Combine results, so that is my source. 6051.
Do you truly believe he grew exactly 7/8" after age 24?
If you got that from someone sourcing Wikipedia, they can put anything there when it comes to ht/wt and unless it is egregiously in error, they leave it.

Well... Chop will likely start early in the season as our 3 vets all heal... and even if somehow all three of them are miraculously ready by camp ( no chance), then Chop will still see lots of snaps as a designated pass rusher.

Starting? As a edge? That's a nebulous concept, there is a lot of substitution that goes on there.

...and Paul? We ABSOLUTELY had to draft a Tackle this year. Otherwise, we'd have no Tackle next year...

I LOVE this draft. Love it.

I think Grier nailed it.
Chop is a situational guy at best this year. Barret is the same, running on fumes.

Verse would have been a day 1 starter.

We have 0 starting caliber edge defenders.

Better hope Cameron Goode, brings the goodes.

Chop is a situational guy at best this year. Barret is the same, running on fumes.

Verse would have been a day 1 starter.

We have 0 starting caliber edge defenders.

Better hope Cameron Goode, brings the goodes.
Verse is my pick for the Charles Harris award.

Very little bend in his game. I think he's all power and a bit undersized for that.

Back
Top Bottom