2024 NFL Draft Day 2 Thread | Page 81 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2024 NFL Draft Day 2 Thread

I don't generally quote Simon clancy but he had some enlightening info on the quality of coaching, or perhaps lack thereof, Paul received in college:
"For those curious about his coaching, last season the OL was coached by Eman Naghavi, a pretty young coach at 36. He got his first job at McNeese at age 23. Unless I missed one, this is the first of his OL to be drafted in his career (which spans Tulane and Georgia State too).

• Naghavi (pronounced ee-MAHN nuh-GAH-vee)'s 2023 unit was led by left tackle Patrick Paul who earned Second Team All-America honors by The Athletic after leading the nation with a 92.8 pass block grade according to PFF. Paul, who became Houston's first First Team All-Big 12 honoree, did not permit a sack alongside just one quarterback hit in 468 opportunities at left tackle.

Prior to that, he was coached by Brandon Jones, who has also not had one of his players drafted with additional stops at Cal and Texas Tech."
View attachment 169585
He's certainly a polarizing prospect, and I understand those who dismiss him because they want players who will start immediately.

But that's never been my preferred Avenue for the draft. I'm interested in ceiling... almost every time. I've found that 'safe' picks rarely excel... indeed, a lot of them start right away, but then never get better... just years of average service...

I guess that I don't believe that you win this way. I'm generally going to shoot for the moon, at least til I get fired...

Man, I'd hate to lose my salary... that zero dollars goes a long way.

So he was like 13th OT taken why?

Because it was a deep class and he was the 8th OT taken. ThreeOTs went after him that a lot of people had as second round picks too. Amegadji, Rosengarten and Suamatia all have potential as well.

6 OTs went ahead of Terron Armstead too including the No.1 and No.2 picks, who TA ended up being a lot better than. Only Lane Johnson can say he was in TAs league.

Production, size and agility like Paul has is all you can ask for in the 55th pick.

View attachment 169584
PFF also says so. What is the big difference between 6’5 and 6’6? Or 6’7 for that matter. It doesn’t matter at all lol
I don't even know what you are debating; I just find it humorous when people use wiki to attempt to prove their points. I guess sites just like to round up, to keep it simple.

Hunt was measured at 6 feet and 5.13 inches at the combine when he was 24 years old. He certainly didn't grow at that age.

Because it was a deep class and he was the 8th OT taken. ThreeOTs went after him that a lot of people had as second round picks too. Amegadji, Rosengarten and Suamatia all have potential as well.

6 OTs went ahead of Terron Armstead too including the No.1 and No.2 picks, who TA ended up being a lot better than. Only Lane Johnson can say he was in TAs league.

Production, size and agility like Paul has is all you can ask for in the 55th pick.
He 100% has the physical traits and we know TA will miss time.

And we do still have Lamm.

I just don't know how much this helps us this year is my beef.

He 100% has the physical traits and we know TA will miss time.

And we do still have Lamm.

I just don't know how much this helps us this year is my beef.

You’ll know the answer to that when you see Paul starting in the playoffs.

And don’t discount the fact that Armstead is a willing teacher. In one year Paul can gain a lot of knowledge from someone who entered the league in a similar fashion and had a damn near HOF career, if not for injuries.

Getting Paul while Armstead was still here is a major bonus.

I don't even know what you are debating; I just find it humorous when people use wiki to attempt to prove their points. I guess sites just like to round up, to keep it simple.

Hunt was measured at 6 feet and 5.13 inches at the combine when he was 24 years old. He certainly didn't grow at that age.
I’m debating the height difference between Hunt and Paul. Which is 1or2 inches which doesn’t make any difference. I gave you two websites that show Hunt is 6’6. You keep responding saying Hunt is 6’5.2. What is your point? What does that matter?

I’m debating the height difference between Hunt and Paul. Which is 1or2 inches which doesn’t make any difference. I gave you two websites that show Hunt is 6’6. You keep responding saying Hunt is 6’5.2. What is your point? What does that matter?
Hunt was 6'5.13". Even you just measured up. Paul was 6'7.5"

So there's really no debate; the difference is 2.37". Or if you're like most sites, 3".

Back
Top Bottom