2024 NFL Mock Draft Thread - Post yours here | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2024 NFL Mock Draft Thread - Post yours here

I have been doing quick two round no trade mocks and keep getting similar options.

I am hoping to address both LOS with OL and DL and I am getting good options in either order.

The general choice is Mims or Newton in R1 and then Amengadjie or Jenkins in R2.

I prefer Mims and Jenkins but would be happy with Newton/Amengadjie too.

One interesting twist is that at PFF Cooper DeJean has been sitting there at #21. I know the general forum would sh*t themselves if Miami took a CB but is he too good to pass up?
Good question. He's very versatile with the ability to play safety.

I tried a mock without trading back since we don't know if we will be able to.

Fautanu is probably best suited to play OG of the OT's that will be available when we select and when Armstead gets injured he will kick out to LT.

Orhorhoro is Wilkins replacement. He had similar athletic stats to Murphy at the combine but he has a lot more length at 6'4 and 34 inch arm length.

Johnson gives us some depth on the edge. We still need to sign another DE in Free Agency since we wouldnt want to rely on Johnson starting opposite Barrett in week 1.

Guerendo gives us a physical prescence in the backfield at 6'0 220. Also Mostert and Achane were frequently injured last year.

Taylor won the Jim Thorpe award last year and we need better safety depth and with Poyer 32 signed on a one year deal this pick also looks towards the future.

Lee was too good to pass up and I realistically dont think he will be available here but his combine profile was similar to Darius Robinson who is a projected second round pick. PFN_Draft_result_1711418406503.png

I like this one.

We fortify both trenches with our first 2 picks Newton and Haynes.

Bullock might even beat out Poyer for one of the starting safety positions.

McCaffrey could be our WR3.

Guerendo is the physical RB we need.

Hall was too good to pass up this late in the draft and improves our D-line depth.

Murphy gives us some edge depth.

In whats left of Free Agency we could look to add.

DE Yannick Ngakoue - He had a down year for the Bears in 2023 but he had 9.5 and 10 sacks respectively in 2022 and 2021. He is only 28 and would start opposite Barrett to start the season. He won't cost much.

LT Donovan Smith - He is still a Free Agent and only 30. He would be a decent backup swing OT.

DB Rock Y-Sin - He is only 27 and would provide solid DB depth and probably wont cost much.

WR OBJ or DJ Chark - If we can sign either of them then our WR depth will be very good. PFN_Draft_result_1711591472160.png

Lets build a kick ass defense. Coleman could win the starting LG position. Little could make Sanders expendable saving us some cap space.

In whats left of Free Agency we would really only need a WR3, OBJ, Chark or Boyd, and a backup swing OT Donovan Smith. PFN_Draft_result_1711770154251.png

NFL-team-logo

Byron Murphy IIDT Texas
trade-icon

NFL-team-logo

Ja'Tavion SandersTE Texas
NFL-team-logo

Marshawn KneelandEDGE Western Michigan
trade-icon

NFL-team-logo

Jalen CokerWR Holy Cross
NFL-team-logo

Isaac GuerendoRB Louisville
NFL-team-logo

Julian PearlOT Illinois

This might be my favorite mock draft so far.

Barton can play any interior OL position.
Trice will start opposite Barrett to start the season.
Jenkins will be Wilkins replacement.
Rice can be WR3.
Jones and Smith improve our secondary depth.
Johnson gives us some depth on the edge so we can bring Phillips and Chubb back slowly.

All we would need to address in Free Agency would be a backup swing OT like Donovan Smith and phsyical short yardage and goal line RB like Zeke Elliott. PFN_Draft_result_1711847411317.png

Back
Top Bottom