2024 NFL Mock Draft Thread - Post yours here | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2024 NFL Mock Draft Thread - Post yours here

Fever I'd say a tackle on each side of the ball are now our priorities.

But maybe not a draft priority.

If we are looking to run rotational DTs-- as many teams do-- we might sign another 30 year old run stopper and call it a day.

Nixon and Mack are fringe NFL players, but with Pili, they have the look of a rotation.

dolphins.svg
Miami Dolphins
    dolphins.svg

Jackson Powers-Johnson
    IOL | Oregon
    A
    dolphins.svg

Patrick Paul
    OT | Houston
    A+
    dolphins.svg

Gabriel Murphy
    EDGE | UCLA
    A+
    dolphins.svg

Jaylin Simpson
    CB | Auburn
    A+
    dolphins.svg

Gabe Hall
    DL | Baylor
    A+
    dolphins.svg

Braiden McGregor
    EDGE | Michigan
    B+

I traded down once in round 2. I was hesitant to trade down in round 1 since we might have missed out on an elite talent.
Fautanu is who I think Grier is going to select in round 1. He will play LG until Armstead is injured then kick out to LT. I hate to use a first round pick on an OG but he really will be our LT of the future.
Jenkins will be Wilkins replacement.
Rice should be our WR3.
Johnson will give us much needed DE help early in the season when we will be without Phillips and Chubb.
Guerendo is a luxury pick but he is too talented to pass up especially when you consider our RB's are frequently injured.
Liafau makes Duke Riley expendable to save more cap space.

We still need to address DB2 and better depth at some other positions in Free Agency
PFN_Draft_result_1710428213669.png

Given what we've seen in Free Agency this far, I decided to take a stab at another Mock. I used Draft Buzz's simulator...

I went in to the draft with two ideas, 1) get a temp Guard/eventual Tackle, and 2) try to trade down a couple of times to maximize value.

Here's what I got.

2) Jordan Morgan OT/OG
3) Brandon Dorlus DE/DT
3) Trey Benson RB
4) Johnny Wilson WR (X)
5) Kristian Boyd DE/ DT

Then I took two CBs and one Safety late. I could tell you which ones, but just put in whichever ones that you like here.

I attacked the areas where I believe we need long term help. 3 big men for the lines, a real starting RB, and a tall X.

Honestly... I REALLY like how this one turned out... and I am higher and higher on Morgan as a fit for what we are doing on the line.

Your mileage may vary.

This is a draft I would like if we cant trade down.

Verse fills a huge need. It also looks towards the future if we can't re-sign Phillips next year.

Frazier can play OG and C. He would mostly likely start immediately at LG.

I really like Jones upside. Ramsey and Fuller are getting older so this move improves our depth now and also looks towards the future.

Boyd is the massive run stuffer we need. It looks like we are going to have a DT rotation with all the DT's we have recently signed.

Vaki improves our Safety depth which is thin.

Reiman improves our TE depth and he could eventually replace Smythe.

We still need to add a WR3 maybe KJ Osborn and a good backup swing OT maybe re-sign Kendall Lamm. PFN_Draft_result_1710516540373.png

This is another one I really like. Fortifying both trenches in rounds 1 and 2. Then doubling up on DE's edge rushers. Adding safety depth. Adding a physical RB who also has speed. Adding more depth to the DL.

We still need a WR3 and maybe another DB in Free Agency. PFN_Draft_result_1710551068462.png

I traded down once in round 2. I was hesitant to trade down in round 1 since we might have missed out on an elite talent.
Fautanu is who I think Grier is going to select in round 1. He will play LG until Armstead is injured then kick out to LT. I hate to use a first round pick on an OG but he really will be our LT of the future.
Jenkins will be Wilkins replacement.
Rice should be our WR3.
Johnson will give us much needed DE help early in the season when we will be without Phillips and Chubb.
Guerendo is a luxury pick but he is too talented to pass up especially when you consider our RB's are frequently injured.
Liafau makes Duke Riley expendable to save more cap space.

We still need to address DB2 and better depth at some other positions in Free Agency
View attachment 164187
Would love this.

Fautanu is one of the best OT's in the draft. He will play LG as a rookie and will replace Armstead at LT in 2025.
Trice is not as dymanic as the first round DE's but he is still very solid.
Bullock improves our depth as Safety and could still get a lot of playing time. Holland will be a FA next year and Poyer is 32.
Smith is better than many of the recently signed FA DT's.
Jones improves our DB depth.
Johnson improves our DE depth.
Guerendo weighs 220 lbs and ran a 4.33 at the combine and had a 6.1 YPC for Louisville in 2023.
Eichenberg makes Duke Riley expendable. Long and Walker only have one more year on their deals.
Nugent improves our OL Depth.
All we would really need more in FA is a WR3.
PFN_Draft_result_1710648173908.png

Back
Top Bottom