2nd place in the AFC East, locked up | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2nd place in the AFC East, locked up

finjim said:
The Jills and the Jests are in T-R-O-U-B-L-E

New England stands in our way!
In week 3, and keeping in mind losing a game to the Jets that we should have won, we have "locked up" 2nd place in the East? I swear I do not know where this blind exuberance comes from.

Nublar7 said:
Well, I wouldn't say "Locked up". The Jets will still give us trouble, and will most likely still be in the hunt come the end of the season.

I can't say the same about Buffalo. Their passing game is non-existent, and losing Spikes is going to really hurt. He was the heart and leader of the defense.
lossing spikes SUCKS, but as others have stated, the jets were only going to go as far as pennington would take them. now that hes out, i dont see them winning many games.

the bills major problem is the QB position. but unlike season ending injuries, a QB can improve throughout the season. (and i hope he starts improving sooner rather than later, cus damn..... :shakeno: )

also, fletcher is the backbone of our D. but its still a MAJOR hit.

i want to see how the pats handel loosing harrison. and with that injury (ACL, MCL, PCL) and his age, we also have to think that he may never come back. :(

nyjunc said:
There is a long to go, don't get ahead of yourself. We still ahve an excellent team and if Brooks can give us anything we'll still be in the race.
How ironic would it be if Brooks actually has the arm to run the new offense? Fragile Chad gets hurt (again) and Brooks steps in and does what the Fragile One cannot...stranger things have certainly happened for sure. I won't count the Jets (or the Bills) out of it until it is obvious they are done.

nyjunc said:
There is a long to go, don't get ahead of yourself. We still ahve an excellent team and if Brooks can give us anything we'll still be in the race.

What are you expecting from Bollinger? Honestly.

opfinistic said:
What are you expecting from Bollinger? Honestly.

I expect him to be ok. I loved what he showed last year in his only game action at Arizona. he looked like an NFL QB and our O could nto move the ball w/ Quincy Carter at QB but he moved us right down the field before making a mistake to take us out of FG range but that will be expected in his first action. I don't expect him to be great but he doesn't need to be, I am more worroed about the Ol than I am about QB. if we can't protect or open holes for Curtis it doesn't matter who our QB is but a poistive is brooks can move around more in the pocket so maybe he can make something happen when protection breaks down.

finjim said:
The Jills and the Jests are in T-R-O-U-B-L-E

New England stands in our way!

3 games into the season.. ????? What happens if we lost a couple primere starters? Would we be in trouble too??

I don't think anything is locked up in the NFL this early in the season. I think our chances in the division are looking better and better but the season is long and teams will never stop fighting.

TGall13 said:
New England is not in that great of shape either. They are very beatable. AFCE is definitely up for grabs. With Ricky coming back, it's looking like we could really make a run at it.

Losing Rodney Harrison, and Matt Light are big loses for them, not to mention Bruschi and Johnson gone at LBs that can change their D when its time to match up with them.

There was word today that Pennington is predicted to miss the rest of the season, but he's seeking a second opinion.

The Pennington injury makes me even madder that the Dolphins couldn't beat the Jets last week, because then New York would really be in trouble. But, oh well. It's still a long season and I am happy Miami is 2-1, because I didn't expect that at this point.

DolphinzD said:
The Pennington injury makes me even madder that the Dolphins couldn't beat the Jets last week, because then New York would really be in trouble. But, oh well. It's still a long season and I am happy Miami is 2-1, because I didn't expect that at this point.

You are right, if we had lost that game and been 0-3 3 games out of first w/ these injuries I think it would have been devastating but now we are just a game back so there is still some hope.

Nothing's locked up, Jets still have a good team despite the loss of Fiedler, and Chad. As long as Martin has a season like last year, there going to be in the playoff hunt. The Bills are in trouble losing their best LB. But their defense is still pretty good. But i see about 6 or 7 wins for them. Playoffs will be tough for the Fins with 1 team from the North competing for the Wild Card, possibly even the Ravens. Jags, and 2 teams from the West.

1 egg, I mean chicken, 2 eggs, I mean chickens, 3 eggs, I mean chickens...

Back
Top Bottom