2nd place in the AFC East, locked up | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2nd place in the AFC East, locked up

TGall13 said:
New England is not in that great of shape either. They are very beatable. AFCE is definitely up for grabs. With Ricky coming back, it's looking like we could really make a run at it.

I agree.The key to our ultimate success in the division right now as well as in the future will be how we play against the Pats.

It will be like a master chess game watching Saban and BB matching wits in the next few years.

If we can dominate them then we will be well on our way to getting a few of those trinkets displayed in my avatar.:)

ch19079 said:
lossing spikes SUCKS, but as others have stated, the jets were only going to go as far as pennington would take them. now that hes out, i dont see them winning many games.

the bills major problem is the QB position. but unlike season ending injuries, a QB can improve throughout the season. (and i hope he starts improving sooner rather than later, cus damn..... :shakeno: )

:(

I agree with you on the Jets situation. There were questions marks with Pennington and will be far worse without him.

I expect the Bills to still compete with us for the #2 spot once that they wake up and insert Kelly Holcomb in at QB over JP Losman who is a bust IMO. Holcomb isn't bad and an upgrade at QB for you guys...and yea, losing Spikes will really hurt yous but you guys will still compete with us for #2.

The Jets though are a J-O-K-E JOKE JOKE JOKE! :lol: :rofl3:

Its up for grabs maybe, if Pennigton is lost for a few weeks along with Fielder the jets wont do well Brooks Bollinger is untested. Bills-Losman isnt doing well in the QB spot he is like Feeley good talent in throwing the ball but no vision or awareness and no takeo really hurts that D. Patriots well the speak for themselves there still the team to beat even w/o Harrison.

JAcK o D1AmonDs said:
Its up for grabs maybe, if Pennigton is lost for a few weeks along with Fielder the jets wont do well Brooks Bollinger is untested. Bills-Losman isnt doing well in the QB spot he is like Feeley good talent in throwing the ball but no vision or awareness and no takeo really hurts that D. Patriots well the speak for themselves there still the team to beat even w/o Harrison.

Lets just face it though. Miami, Buffalo and the J-O-K-E Jets all have QB questions or problems while NE is set at that vital position. Frerotte, while more competent that AJ is a guy I keep my fingers crossed for all the time.

KuchaMucha said:
Lets just face it though. Miami, Buffalo and the J-O-K-E Jets all have QB questions or problems while NE is set at that vital position. Frerotte, while more competent that AJ is a guy I keep my fingers crossed for all the time.

Frerotte has been playing well enough to be a starter we dont need a NFL passing leader or a Pro Bowler. We just need someone to move the chains and who doesnt make stupid mistakes.

finjim said:
The Jills and the Jests are in T-R-O-U-B-L-E

New England stands in our way!

dude, actually we are in first place.

ajajaj said:
dude, actually we are in first place.

technically if the season ended today the Pats win the division based on better division record(Pats 0-0, Phins 0-1)

JAcK o D1AmonDs said:
Frerotte has been playing well enough to be a starter we dont need a NFL passing leader or a Pro Bowler. We just need someone to move the chains and who doesnt make stupid mistakes.

So far so good for Frerotte...but it doesn't change my mind. I'll continue to cross my fingers for a few more weeks and relax a bit if he remains consistent during that period.

nyjunc said:
True homer material? B/c I am not giving up? We have a great team around brooks, if brooks plays ok we'll win alot of games.

I agree. Right now, you don't know exactly how the kid will respond. He may even be better fit for this offense than Chad was. Time will tell though...

2nd place sounds about right to me. they're better than the jets and bills, and not as good as the patriots, so....2nd place

Canadianfishfan said:
Take nothing for granted.... But hey,....Why not aim for 1st place.. there's no indication why we can't compete for it!

It may sound like rampant homerism but why not ? The Bills problems were predictable.The Jets are solid but they need a healthy and experienced QB so they may struggle for a few weeks.

The Panthers found a chink in the Pats scheme.We can too.:)

Back
Top Bottom