3 out of the 6 names are gone | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3 out of the 6 names are gone

Hamilton ran a what I would call a pro style offense with luck and the colts.

less than ideal fit for tua imo. But that may have just been tailor made for luck

Really would like to see us run a saints like offense. They attack hashes or attack the boundary from hashes I should say

you could add a etienne to mirror the kamara roll although good luck getting that same run thru contact kamara brings. Your oline isn’t that level but another piece maybe it can be.

Gesicki could run a lot of the same concepts the saints tight end jared cook does

good fit for tuas arm

If Pep Hamilton can get Tua to productively throw downfield like Herbert, he'd have to be my top choice if he wants the job.

yes I want somebody who has never had anything to do with Gailey. We need to purge our team of that cancerous ”offense.”
For all the flak Gailey gets, we were 15th in points per game. Which is the best we’ve been since 2014. I know the defense forced at least one turnover each game but Gailey wasn’t as bad as everybody likes to think. Especially when Tua’s performance is excused because of his support group, Gailey had to deal with that as well - and a rookie QB.

Imo we need someone with experience. We had a TE coach grooming Tua last yr. maybe someone that didn’t cut it as a HC but got the job because of what he did as a coordinator. Someone like dan Quinn but on offense. I think we need someone proven
I agree. As much as I would like to promote within, imo we do need someone who is experienced and not learning g on the job. We cant afford that with Tua and the rookies we will have on offense next year. That said, the OC should bring and Taylor the offense to the strength of the players, not the players to his system. That is more than likely a hard task to do with someone who is experienced. But I think if anyone can do it, Flo can!

For all the flak Gailey gets, we were 15th in points per game. Which is the best we’ve been since 2014. I know the defense forced at least one turnover each game but Gailey wasn’t as bad as everybody likes to think. Especially when Tua’s performance is excused because of his support group, Gailey had to deal with that as well - and a rookie QB.

Yes and he was 22nd in total yards Which indicates that the defense and special teams played a prominent role in ability to score. Here’s some of my other issues with Gailey:

His offense after the Arizona (or perhaps the Charger) game was vanilla and unimaginative. Even the Jets game where Fitz started was a poorly called game.

When Tua was in it was usually either pistol formation or empty sets. Way too much play action too.

I believe we were one of the lowest teams in motioning a receiver, which contibuted to use being 32nd is receiver separation.

His route combinations reduced the possibility for YAC primarily consisting of flat and curl routes. somebody posted the next gen routes for each receiver the last 3 games and almost exclusively under 10 yards.

Finally, imagine how much more we would’ve scored if he wasn’t for his abysmal red zone play calling. How many runs up the middle with 190 pound rbs or fades did we throw inside the 10 again?

Tua.throws.on.average.farther.than.Herbert.

This whole talking point is ridiculous.
You sure about that? In the NFL anyways? After his hip injury, not counting college right?

Says here last year Herbert averaged 7.3 yards per attempt and Tua averaged 6.3 that’s an entire yard less per attempt. Do you have alternative facts or stats that support your assertion?

Not bashing Tua, I’m hopeful he will develop and get better especially if we surround him with more talent, but I was just wondering if you had data to support your assertion that Tua throws on average farther than Herbert?

I think if we were going to promote Godsey or Studesville, we would have done it already.

Seems to me we wanted Canada or McDaniel and got shafted when both took promotions with their current teams.

Back
Top Bottom