3 Plays- correctable issues, would have changed the dialogue about Tua today | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3 Plays- correctable issues, would have changed the dialogue about Tua today

IMO if Wilson goes up for the ball, instead of waiting for it, it’s either a td or PI with the ball placed at the one. The DB never got his head around and only reached out his hand when Wilson did.

If you watch the video of Tua’s pick, Wilson is actually the one who baits it up in the air to Gesicki.

Two “what if” plays that Wilson failed to make. Hopefully with Fuller and Williams that won’t be the case.
I agree with you, hell what would've happened if there wasn't a BS roughing-the-passer call that extended a drive for the Patriots that ended with points. We may have actually got to see Mac Jones have to take risks because they could've been a couple scores down or more.

Honestly folks, this was a good opening day win… I would have liked to see more from Tua but he really did well against a tough D…. People need to step outside their bias and use rational, realistic assessments… I like Tua, but yea there’s the chance he could be mediocre, and not be the franchise QB we all want to see… he is going to develop, and hopefully it is into that franchise QB… but all these doom and gloom posts are ridiculous… change just 3 plays and we wouldn’t have half of these comments… if he hits the Wilson TD- beauty throw, even better defensive play, but demonstrates what this team can do… nothing to correct there, with that throw they’ll hit that a high percentage of the time… If Waddle catches the deep out on third down, and that horrible throw away that ended in the pick… all those plays can be addressed and corrected if need be- it is not a talent issue… if those 3 plays are made you have Tua at 19 for 29, about 250 yards 2 tds passing and one rushing- against a top NFL defence
I appreciate your post very much and agree with it but unfortunately there are a group of so called fans who hate Tua. They want to see him fail and take joy in pointing out every bad play regardless if the MD win or not. It’s gotten to the point of a psychosis. It’s really pathetic. So it doesn’t matter what he does or how many TDs he throws or what a great person or leader he is they’ve already decided. It’s very sad but in the end he will prove them all wrong. I cannot wait for that day.

I agree with you, hell what would've happened if there wasn't a BS roughing-the-passer call that extended a drive for the Patriots that ended with points. We may have actually got to see Mac Jones have to take risks because they could've been a couple scores down or more.
We left a lot of points on the field there…not to mention the terrible drops.

Josh Allen was not elite in college in 2 years there. Josh Allen was bad his rookie year and average his 2nd year.He had his 1st elite season in 5 years of playing football. So the 1 year of really good football is who he is? but the other 4 years are the outliers?

girl-sure-jan.gif
Kid played at Wyoming and tore it up.

Not sure what college tape you watched, Jan.

And he should have been the MVP last year.

We left a lot of points on the field there…not to mention the terrible drops.
Yeah but because the media is all over Mac Jones' nutsack, it must just be all Tua's fault since Jones was flawless. Hell I thought that after a huge win, one we normally don't win in Foxboro week one, would have calmed the negative nancies down just a little bit. I guess I knew better, but there are a lot of stat guys around here, they watch ESPN, NFL network, and follow lemmings on twitter but they don't watch the actual games.

The one big difference is both Josh Allen and Aaron Rodgers have already proven that they are great QB's. They just had bad games. Tua still needs to prove himself. The jury is still out on him until he does.
and that takes time

Kid played at Wyoming and tore it up.

Not sure what college tape you watched, Jan.

And he should have been the MVP last year.
Kid had 16 TD's and 6 Ints his last year at Wyoming. That's tearing it up? You might wanna raise the bar Feb. And I should be married to Rihanna but we don't live in a world of should have and could have and would have. Accept what is.

Last edited:
Yes, like w Ryan we are trying to develop a QB while under constant duress. Not good.
Ryan has no pocket presence. He was a receiver who could throw. He did develop into a good QB but it took a long time. I wish people would at least give Tua a few years before we write him off.

Honestly folks, this was a good opening day win… I would have liked to see more from Tua but he really did well against a tough D…. People need to step outside their bias and use rational, realistic assessments… I like Tua, but yea there’s the chance he could be mediocre, and not be the franchise QB we all want to see… he is going to develop, and hopefully it is into that franchise QB… but all these doom and gloom posts are ridiculous… change just 3 plays and we wouldn’t have half of these comments… if he hits the Wilson TD- beauty throw, even better defensive play, but demonstrates what this team can do… nothing to correct there, with that throw they’ll hit that a high percentage of the time… If Waddle catches the deep out on third down, and that horrible throw away that ended in the pick… all those plays can be addressed and corrected if need be- it is not a talent issue… if those 3 plays are made you have Tua at 19 for 29, about 250 yards 2 tds passing and one rushing- against a top NFL defence
And if my aunt had a dick she’d be my uncle.

If a perennial pro bow QB who has 10 years worth of experience and 145 games under his belt does well against the Pats it has negative connotations towards Tua who has 9 games under his belt? Let me up the crazy if 7 time Super Bowl Champion future HOF Goat level Tom Brady has a decent game against his old team/coach who he knows intimately having played there for 20 years than Tua is a gigantic bust bigger than Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf combined.

SpongeBon.jpg
He is talking about Zach Wilson.

Back
Top Bottom