36 years | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

36 years

I remember getting ready to watch that game..heard the weather report....thunderstorms...it was horrible...we had ,what?...four fumbles or something like that.

36 years since dolphins were in super bowl

This is not to bash the team but to share what I remember

I remember wearing so much dolphins gear from sears catalouge * . I wore so much dolphin crap that a 6th grade kid on my bus said I was front runner. He challenged me to name players's numbers on the team and match them with names. I was in second grade. I got marino duper and clayton. From then on I learned all I could about the dolphins. Thanks guy lol

I was in second grade. We had a snow day the next day and I was so happy because i was so upset. My teacher told me she was thinking of during the game.

I remember we caused a fumble and would have ran it for a td but they ruled incomplete catch. Now with replay we would have got the ball at least

I remember they fumbled twice before half and we got fgs. We were only down 12

That was the first year I was a fan of the phins and this was the first game I was not certain we would win. I always expected us to win. So weird to compare to now.

I remember Marino standing by himself on the sidelines at end of game ,and I wanted to cry.

I remember being so happy when we took the lead at 10-7 thinking maybe we would be okay.

Anyone else have any memories of this game?
I remember I was at Navy party....about 15 sailors watching the game in San Diego with about 9 of them being for the Niners.

We drank a tequila shot every time the other team scored...all the Dolphin fans had a long day!

I remember badly underestimating how great that Niner team really was... it went 18-1 and was far more complete than we were!

Yesterday’s game was similar in many ways!

Why do people like to get depressed talking about how long it's been?
Pain makes music better.

4x8hqr.jpg

Cause Danny...some of us are worried we will die before Miami gets it right again...just saying..
True story I was born in 85 man I never got to see the glory years. I don't even know what's worse death before a SB or looking up and seeing my team win a SB a year after death.

True story I was born in 85 man I never got to see the glory years. I don't even know what's worse death before a SB or looking up and seeing my team win a SB a year after death.
True story..In 85...the day after we beat the Bears on Monday Night....i was arrested coming back from miami (not going to talk about why,already have here)
that was the last time i have been to miami..

I was born and raised in Miami. When I was in elementary school, and even in some of Junior High, I used to lock myself in my room and not talk to anyone for the rest of the day after a Dolphin loss.

Other than the Super Bowls, The most devastating, exhilarating game for me was the Kellen Winslow/Charger OT playoff game with the hook and lateral and blocked FG. If I remember correctly, the game was blacked out in Miami and my family drove to Orlando and we stayed in a cheap motel room just so we could watch it. So emotional.

Edit: we stayed at a cheap motel in Orlando either because the game was blacked out in Miami and we wanted to watch it, or my parents just wanted to stay in a place with a vibrating bed.

Last edited:
I didn't realize that. I know Miami used to dominate the Patriots. Pretty much everyone for that matter!
The game that year in the Orange Bow during the regular season was very tight. That team just got rocket hot at the right time. Won 3 games in the playoffs, including at the Raiders and at Miami. Then they ran into the buzzsaw that was the ‘85 Bears.

I was born and raised in Miami. When I was in elementary school, and even in some of Junior High, I used to lock myself in my room and not talk to anyone for the rest of the day after a Dolphin loss.
Same here: born, raised, and lived in Miami until I was 25 back in 1999. A Dolphins loss got me down for the entire week. But for me that lasted until my warmly 20s. And I lived all the highs and the lows.

Why do people like to get depressed talking about how long it's been?
It is cathartic to understand the utter incompetence of the people who have been running the franchise for the last couple of decades.

Back
Top Bottom