36 years | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

36 years

Wow...this is sad...I was 9 in 1985 and remember that the dolphins got crushed in that game. It didn't matter at the time, because I felt that as long they had Marino they would be back... :(

While watching the SB this year, we talked about what would happen if the dolphins were in SB...it would be so nerve wracking for me...my family would have to give a lot of space...

With only 16 teams in the conference (Less than that thru part of the time frame) we should have made it 2 or 3 times just by odds.

One of those was definitely in 1985. We would have at least given the Bears a game.
Then in 1992 the home loss in the conference Championship to the Bills was very disappointing.
Finally in 1994 the missed FG in San Diego that kept us from going to Pittsburgh.

We have had our chances, just haven't come through.

36 years since dolphins were in super bowl

This is not to bash the team but to share what I remember

I remember wearing so much dolphins gear from sears catalouge * . I wore so much dolphin crap that a 6th grade kid on my bus said I was front runner. He challenged me to name players's numbers on the team and match them with names. I was in second grade. I got marino duper and clayton. From then on I learned all I could about the dolphins. Thanks guy lol

I was in second grade. We had a snow day the next day and I was so happy because i was so upset. My teacher told me she was thinking of during the game.

I remember we caused a fumble and would have ran it for a td but they ruled incomplete catch. Now with replay we would have got the ball at least

I remember they fumbled twice before half and we got fgs. We were only down 12

That was the first year I was a fan of the phins and this was the first game I was not certain we would win. I always expected us to win. So weird to compare to now.

I remember Marino standing by himself on the sidelines at end of game ,and I wanted to cry.

I remember being so happy when we took the lead at 10-7 thinking maybe we would be okay.

Anyone else have any memories of this game?
I cried myself to sleep that night. As a matter of fact, I could not get good sleep. I was 11 years old, and the Dolphins were my world at that point. I just knew that Danny would get another shot, but we know how that one turned out. That still is one of the worst days of my sports life.

I hope when they finally do win one it isnt anticlimatic.

2nd grade...seems like a lifetime ago. I remember being pretty bummed, but I was 7 and didn't have enough years to fully grasp the magnitude of a superbowl loss. The following year I was pretty pissed losing to the Pats. Seemed like a foregone conclusion Marino would eventually get back. The most upset was in 92 when we had a home game against the Bills in AFC Championship game. That was a tough one for me.

I have been willing to remain patient the past two years while the Dolphins went through a nearly complete rebuild of their roster. I think Flores and the coaching staff did a very good job getting the best out of a roster that was still in need of several players to be a playoff team.

That stated, with all the high draft picks they have this year and the cap space to add one or two top tier free agents, I fully expect the Dolphins to take that next step and be a playoff team next season. Anything less than making the playoffs next year will be a complete failure IMO and my patience will be completely gone with Grier and Flores if they can’t get the team to the playoffs in year 3.

I hope Flores is the HC for years to come in Miami but in the NFL today three years is plenty of time to rebuild a team. Especially when a team has all the draft picks and cap space the Dolphins have had the last two seasons.

I cried myself to sleep that night. As a matter of fact, I could not get good sleep. I was 11 years old, and the Dolphins were my world at that point. I just knew that Danny would get another shot, but we know how that one turned out. That still is one of the worst days of my sports life.
yep , I remember feeling the same way. Thanks for sharing man. It is crazy reading how we all reacted to that as kids. I remember being so upset. The next year when we lost to the pats i was just in shock. Like what is happening here.

I was 10 months old last time the Dolphins were in the Super Bowl.... It's such a crappy feeling knowing I was alive when it happened but I was crawling around, shitting my diapers at the time.

Back
Top Bottom