3rd Preseason Game | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3rd Preseason Game

If I'm a veteran starter I want to skip the entire preseason and get to the regular season healthy.

It's practice, folks. Read nothing into it.

As Aqua said, the preseason is just for evaluation of players trying to make the team or trying to crack the starting lineup. Nothing more.

What is there to be concerned about? This is a 6-7 win team and that's what we've looked like.

No one should be concerned, this is what should be expected.

If they wanna sell more regular season tickets, this team better show something somewhere in the preseason. The first team O cannot go without scoring a TD. The first team D needs a few 3 and outs.

Act like you’ve done this before.

No stupid penalties.

O moves the ball, and 1s get a nice TD.

D shows it is competent.

No injuries.

And I’m content.

Would love to see us establish the run especially against a Baltimore D that has historically owned us, other than that keep the penalties, missed tackles and blown assignments/mental errors to a minimum and please God no injuries.

Reactions: BSQ
Hate to say this but last year during the regular season Baltimore destroyed us on Thursday night with 3/4 days rest.

Both teams had the same amount of rest for that game. This is the second straight road game for Baltimore. Miami has had 8 days since its last game, and it will be a home game. Baltimore has 5 days since its last game and it will be another road game for them.

So, I mean, preseason and all, but I expect a decent showing out of Miami.

I definitely think that you want to see your team look competitive out there in this game. Not so much on the scoreboard, but can you move the football, are are there horrible coverage breakdowns, missed tackles, etc.

Because in this game, the team is actually trying a little bit, as opposed to just running 'whatever' to practice it and evaluate the roster. So yeah, I absolutely hope that they look competent and ready for the regular season this week.

An interesting thing to note is that Baltimore has not lost a preseason game since 2015. I don't know what's happened in the last couple of years, but John Harbaugh has apparently decided that he's playing to win these things. 10 straight wins for them in the preseason, and a bunch of them were absolute blowouts. Interested to see if they come out hot on Monday night, too.
The ravens are one team I’d like the Phins stick it to and beat up on and end those 10 straight wins. I’ll never forget that playoff game, as well as the Jaguars playoff game with Marino’s last game.

11 straight wins after last night. Apparently silver used my research to bet on preseason football, and won. I want a cut.

But anyway, i definitely think Miami needs to come out and look good in this game. Baltimore has just a few days to make evaluations after the game, do the basic gameplanning for this game, and get rested up. Miami, meanwhile, has 8 days for it.

You would hope that we look better than Baltimore on Saturday.

I definitely think that you want to see your team look competitive out there in this game. Not so much on the scoreboard, but can you move the football, are are there horrible coverage breakdowns, missed tackles, etc.

Because in this game, the team is actually trying a little bit, as opposed to just running 'whatever' to practice it and evaluate the roster. So yeah, I absolutely hope that they look competent and ready for the regular season this week.

An interesting thing to note is that Baltimore has not lost a preseason game since 2015. I don't know what's happened in the last couple of years, but John Harbaugh has apparently decided that he's playing to win these things. 10 straight wins for them in the preseason, and a bunch of them were absolute blowouts. Interested to see if they come out hot on Monday night, too.
I think winning preseason games in Baltimore is more a product of hard nosed disciplined football expected of 90 men. It’s a culture. This is why John Harbaugh is one of the best out there.

Whereas in Miami the floundering continues under Gase. His pressers say it all. “Just a breakdown here.... we just need to clean that up a bit.... we need to play like we practice and carry it over.” It’s excuse central for Gase. I’d expect more of the same come regular season as it will take this offense 6-8 weeks if history proves itself. For a team supposedly devoid of offensive talent and a defense that is going to be shakey at best, as a head coach paid to win games would you not think the gameplans should open up and get creative to dictate to the defense? One would think. However Gase says he’s not showing his plays just yet.

Yet when season rolls it will be more predictable crap because he’s Philbin wrapped in sheeps clothing.

Gase listen man. It’s put up or shut up. For you and your QB.

11 straight wins after last night. Apparently silver used my research to bet on preseason football, and won. I want a cut.

But anyway, i definitely think Miami needs to come out and look good in this game. Baltimore has just a few days to make evaluations after the game, do the basic gameplanning for this game, and get rested up. Miami, meanwhile, has 8 days for it.

You would hope that we look better than Baltimore on Saturday.
You would hope. When I ask has this team ever looked better than Baltimore.

Third eye said it correctly. It's all on Gase now. But, I don't see him as a hot seat coach. If the wheels come off he'll have to be replaced but I don't see that at all. I see the floor at 8 wins and the ceiling at 12.

Back
Top Bottom