3rd Round Jerome Baker | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3rd Round Jerome Baker

tay0365

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Seems Miami wants to have Hybrid athletic LBs over powerful, can take on blockers. He does seem to show some good potential, but he does need to show a bit more quicker instincts...greats athleticism though....

Not real excited about this pick. He doesnt even look like a LB. He looks like an average DB.

Great tackler, FAST. We missed so many tackles last year and were one of the slowest defenses in the league, so he helps with that.

Still need another guy at DT to help against the run, but it's obvious we wanted more speed at defense this year and we got it with Fitz and Baker.

Highly disappointed in this pick. Hope to eat crow but just don’t see how he was worth this pick.

I'm not overly excited either, think they wanted Warner who went just prior. I would have rather taken a DT here, as there were still 2-3 really good ones left.

I thought we needed a SAM backer and this guy is def weakside?

I actually don't know how were going to stop the run this year...hope we grab a run stuffing DT next pick.

Andy, I wasn't at first but I'm very happy now. We didn't get the LBer at #11 and the need was great but, this player is great. He was a teammate of Rakeem McMillan and McMillan raves about him as a team mate and he's been compared by experts to Sean Lee. This kid can stick sideline to sideline with backs and TE with ease. I saw some tape of him blitzing, holy moley, major quicks to the QB and POW!!!!!!!!!!!!! A weakness at LBer is now a strength and we can stop getting burned by every back and TE that plays organized Football!

The draft is an A+ so far imo

We need more DTs for sure but with all these speedy LBers along with McMillan playing closer to scrimmage I think we'll be way better against the run. This is a team we're building now and not a bunch of overpaid freelancers. A big part of stopping the run is Coaching and we have a few very good ones on that side of the ball.

Back
Top Bottom