3ypc-(kris Richard-coach Search) Episode 1.56 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3ypc-(kris Richard-coach Search) Episode 1.56

I find it interesting that all of the discussion re the coaching prospects centers around Kris Richard and Brian Flores. New Orleans Defensive Coordinator, Dennis Allen was also interviewed by the Dolphins (and immediately dismissed as a candidate based on his abysmal win record when he held the Head Coaching role at Oakland). What people are not looking at is the terrific improvement in the Saints Defense this season. In fact the improvement in the Saints Defense is probably the biggest reason why the Saints finished the season on top in the NFC. Believe it or not, Allen probably has better credentials for the job than Brian Flores.
I still think that Kris Richard is the best candidate but the one people are not looking at may be Dennis Allen.

Oh, you want to suck for a good QB. Why not just go Hue Jackson in that case?

If you look at the defensive rankings while Richard was DC in Seattle, you will see the defense had an off year in 2017, probably due to some injuries and all so he was the fall guy....
Wow, 1 bad year and they fire him. Our DC's are perpetually bad and they seem to stick around a lot longer than a year. Guess they don't mess around in Seattle...

Guys. We literally just told you what happened with Pete Carroll and Kris Richard.

Y'all don't have to accept it, if you don't want to. You're absolutely free to be wrong.

Guys. We literally just told you what happened with Pete Carroll and Kris Richard.

Y'all don't have to accept it, if you don't want to. You're absolutely free to be wrong.

Liked the episode... As always -- thanks for the obvious time you invest...

Also really "liked" that version of events (Carroll / Richard) -- tho who knows

for absolute sure save Richard and Carroll. I've never been a fan of Petie

but at the same time realize he's a pretty smart dude...

and Grier has a good contact there.

Good podcast CK.
I do believe that Gase should’ve gotten more heat for essentially intentionally sabotaging his job. It’s just wreaks of sleaze and Sexton.

Avril’s story may be true. Through inside connections, I am aware of an extremely prominent basketball coach (famous) who had a long time assistant. The assistant had played for the coach, moved up to grad assistant and then full fledged assistant. The famous head coach told the assistant to leave after a particular season ended. The assistant was mid 30s by then and the head coach told him he needed to “cut the umbilical cord” (the coach’s words) and go out on his own. The assistant ended up taking a mid major head coaching job. But, make no mistake, he needed to be nudged. I’m leaving out names because I was told this by someone involved in confidence.

Now the one thing I will add. The head coach made the assistant leave after an “off year.”

When I heard Simon tell Avril’s recap, I was struck by how it was the same fact pattern as my basketball coach story, all the way down to Richard having played for Carroll. It’s uncanny.

I 100% believe Avril’s recap. It rings true based on my own experience and information.

I don’t think anyone is disputing what Avril said. It’s great info and we all love the podcast. I think people are saying there can be multiple truths to a story. Carroll may have 100% told Richard he would get stale sitting in Carroll’s cocoon. But, after an off year, without telling anyone, the head coach may have wanted a shake up from a stale environment from the team’s perspective too. Carroll had moved on from Bevell as well earlier. He may want to swap out different voices and sells it amicably and uses it as a mentoring opportunity, just like my basketball coach story.

The people who would know what happened between Carroll and Richard, know.

And now we do.

I frankly don’t really even care what happened. At the end of the day, Richard seems like a hell of a coach and an excellent communicator. He’s gotten results.

There is one thing that sticks out to me about the Avril story.

It would definitely seem that Richard would be much less likely to stay with the status quo in Dallas. It does not seem that he would balk at a head coaching opportunity. Seems to be the type looking for the challenge of being a head coach, and wanting to do it on his own.

I think its BS tbh...

We're all here trying to figure out why Richard got fired from Seattle and CK posts:

"Luckily we have the connections that we were able to go straight to the horse's mouth on why Kris Richard and Pete Carroll split up in Seattle. It was a HUGE sticking point for me, because what you don't know CAN hurt you."

"Turns out there were answers to these questions. Not all of them are ones I can reveal. But I mean, the same way we were able to reveal before anyone else that Kris Richard is expecting to schedule a 2nd interview with Miami, is the same way I know the answers to these questions."

Hook set! Then...

"Considering that, let's just say that based on our fact-finding mission* about the split between Carroll and Richard...it's not a coincidence that Kris Richard immediately went on Miami's short list, and that Richard himself is expecting to interview again whenever he's allowed."

*fact finding mission experiment: Google -> 'Kris Richard fired' click on the first 2 links

So now you've got posters intrigued...

the inevitable happens: "I hope in the near future you can lift the shroud of secrecy."

To which CK responds: "Recording a 3YPC tonight. Simon will reveal."

There's really nothing there... lol! Well... Nothing more than what you'd find out if you googled it 12 months ago...

Sources...
giphy.gif

Last edited:
I enjoy the podcast but I can’t really disagree with the above.

I think its BS tbh...

We're all here trying to figure out why Richard got fired from Seattle and CK posts:

"Luckily we have the connections that we were able to go straight to the horse's mouth on why Kris Richard and Pete Carroll split up in Seattle. It was a HUGE sticking point for me, because what you don't know CAN hurt you."

"Turns out there were answers to these questions. Not all of them are ones I can reveal. But I mean, the same way we were able to reveal before anyone else that Kris Richard is expecting to schedule a 2nd interview with Miami, is the same way I know the answers to these questions."

Hook set! Then...

"Considering that, let's just say that based on our fact-finding mission* about the split between Carroll and Richard...it's not a coincidence that Kris Richard immediately went on Miami's short list, and that Richard himself is expecting to interview again whenever he's allowed."

*fact finding mission experiment: Google -> 'Kris Richard fired' click on the first 2 links

So now you've got poster intrigued...

the inevitable happens: "I hope in the near future you can lift the shroud of secrecy."

To which CK responds: "Recording a 3YPC tonight. Simon will reveal."

There's really nothing there... lol! Well... Nothing more than what you'd find out if you googled it 12 months ago...

Sources...
giphy.gif

What an immense crock of ****. LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom