4-12 again? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

4-12 again?

Timetorebuild said:
With this schedule, we may be looking at another year at the bottom of the league. For all you people who have us in the Super Bowl next year or even the playoffs...I have one question for you...

What's it like in fantasy land? Is it fun?
maybe you should believe in your team......maybe not playoffs or super bowl, but we will be better than 4-12!!! You sure you're a Fins fan!?

FinsFan74 said:
maybe you should believe in your team......maybe not playoffs or super bowl, but we will be better than 4-12!!! You sure you're a Fins fan!?

Yep, a realistic Phins fan...i'm not afraid to acknowledge the possibility that we could have another bad season. 4-12, 3-13, 2-14, 1-15, 0-16....as improbable as they all are...it's POSSIBLE

Timetorebuild said:
With this schedule, we may be looking at another year at the bottom of the league. For all you people who have us in the Super Bowl next year or even the playoffs...I have one question for you...

:grouplaug :laughat: :ban: :newbie: :monkeyr: :shootself :monkeyl: :barf:

Let me remind you 2 of what team you are talking about.. The Miami Dolphins, the most winning team in NFL history. Last year was what?.. our second losing season ever?

Weren't we supposed to contend last year? Well we didn't. Wasnt SD suposed to be bad last year? Well they weren't. It happens every year... on one hand you have a bad team from the year before that has a good season and a good team from the year before that has a bad season. New season, new teams.

Oh, and for the schedule... you don't know who is going to be good and who is going to be bad. Everyone gets fooled every year.

Timetorebuild said:
Yep, a realistic Phins fan...i'm not afraid to acknowledge the possibility that we could have another bad season. 4-12, 3-13, 2-14, 1-15, 0-16....as improbable as they all are...it's POSSIBLE

So I guess as improbable is it may be, 12-4, 13-3, 14-2, 15-1, 16-0 are possible too. Thats why I go with 8-8. Not horrible, not great, and can be considered realistic by most

Timetorebuild said:
You're right, it is possible, but being so pessimistic before the season even starts is ridiculous.....and I'm willing to bet that the Fins will be better than 4-12....if you care to, lemme know

Timetorebuild said:

Am I the only one who watched our games last year, we won 4 and with absoulutly no coaching and direction beat teh Champs and lost most of our games by one play. Now we have a strict coach and we are getting some pieces we are missing, every team in the league can beat anyone, the league has so much parody now, we can be A LITTLE optimistic

chillin6776 said:
Am I the only one who watched our games last year, we won 4 and with absoulutly no coaching and direction beat teh Champs and lost most of our games by one play. Now we have a strict coach and we are getting some pieces we are missing, every team in the league can beat anyone, the league has so much parody now, we can be A LITTLE optimistic
not to mention Saban has put together a very well respected coaching staff!

duss12 said:
arent you supposed to get a weaker schedule when you have a bad team the year before?

it's done by your division. in essence we really have the same schedual as NE. the only difference is we play tennessee and cleveland because they were both at the bottom in their respective afc division. the reason we don't play the bottom of the afc west is because our diviison is playing them.

one could even argue that our schedual is harder then NE, because we have to play them twice, while they have to play us twice.

There is no way that we do as badly as we did last season. The 2004 off-season went as badly as it could, with Speilman overpaying for back-up quarterbacks and head case/roid rage wide receivers, followed by another Wannstedt led draft, which culminated to the coup de grace, the retirement of Cheech Williams. This sequence of events exposed a team that was already lacking confidence and direction under Wanny, dooming the team before they even played a down.

Things didn't get any better when we lost both of our starting defensive tackles in the first two weeks of the season and with the offense running plays out of my little brother's pop warner playbook, the Dolphins hit rock bottom with a humiliating 24-23 home loss to Arizona. That loss thankfully put the lights out on the failed Dave Wannstedt era as defensive coordinator Jim Bates took over.

The arrival of Bates didn't save the season, but the Dolphins showed marked improvement over the final seven games, finishing with a 3-4 flurry to end the season, which included a 29-28 Monday Night upset of the 3-time champion Patriots. The 2nd half of the season also saw the belaugered offensive line begin to gel, which led to the improved play of AJ Feeley.

Since Nick Saban agreed to coach Miami this season he has accomplished the following:

-Assembled a top of the line coaching staff that included the architect of the Vikings' high-flying attack in Scott Linehan and offensive line guru, Hudson Houck

-Acquired defensive ends Vonnie Holliday and Kevin Carter. Carter can play both end and inside.

-Acquired veteran quarterback Gus Frerotte, who ALREADY LEARNED Linehan's offense in Minnesota and was 5-1 as the starter in '03 when Culpepper was hurt. As well as offensive tackle Stockar McDougal who was solid in Detroit the past two seasons.

-Purged the Dolphins of mediocre veteran turds from the Wanny era (See: Jay Williams, Jay Fiedler & Morlon Greenwood)

With better coaching and execution, which will come with Saban, along with a good draft (PLEASE RONNIE BROWN), there is no reason why the Dolphins couldn't win seven or eight games in St Nick's first year.......4-12 is out of the question if you ask me.

Timetorebuild said:

mods ban this guy hes more of arizona cardinal fan, stop makin fun of our team and go on to cheer for zona

Back
Top Bottom