4-12 again? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

4-12 again?

....I'm not even sure how to respond to this thread, or rather the starting topic as sadly any positive points off our off-season or our problematic last season would fall on deaf ears probably (and for those who know better there's no need to repeat what we all know).....

duss12 said:
arent you supposed to get a weaker schedule when you have a bad team the year before?

who you play is made up years before that actual season

Timetorebuild said:
With this schedule, we may be looking at another year at the bottom of the league. For all you people who have us in the Super Bowl next year or even the playoffs...I have one question for you...

What's it like in fantasy land? Is it fun?

You give the other teams in this league way to much credit. In this era of salary caps ,each and every team has holes. That is why good coaching is more important than ever. With a decent coaching job last year and a stable offensive coordinator this, team (even with all the injuries and turmoil) was in a position to win 7-8 games. They were certainly better than Cleveland, Chicago and TB. I also think they were better than Cincy, Arizona and St. Louis.

Our schedule is not as difficult as people think. It is no worse than any of the other teams in the AFC east. New England has a "weaker schedule" because they have 2 games against a team that won only 4 games (Dolphins), while the Dolphins have 2 games against a team that won 14 games (new England). The same can be said for the Jets and Bills.
In other words the schedules are about the same. In fact, our out of division games are actually easier because we are playing more last place teams.

IMO,
4-7 wins would be excellent.

I'm not counting W/L next year. I'm watching for player developement and an improved offensive/defensive execution. As the players develop and learn their individual responsibilites the wins will come.

Timetorebuild said:
With this schedule, we may be looking at another year at the bottom of the league. For all you people who have us in the Super Bowl next year or even the playoffs...I have one question for you...

Saban is making all the right moves. at worst were an 8 and 8 team. at best 11 and 5. get with the program. :tongue:

FinsFan74 said:
maybe you should believe in your team......maybe not playoffs or super bowl, but we will be better than 4-12!!! You sure you're a Fins fan!?

He can be a fan and think his team will be bad. He's just wrong in this case. We will be better.;)
For example, I knew we would be bad last year when Wanny got his contract extension. I didn't think we'd be 4-12 but I knew there'd be penalties, no playoffs, and no more than 8 wins at best. It's only being realistic, not being a bad fan. However, you are right. Dude is way off thinking 4-12 again.

You're right...

FiN.in.RI said:
It's his opinion people: BACK OFF!

But if that post quoted is what that person learned in High School, just what in the name of pluperfect purgatory are those teachers doing - and what is with the rant in the first place? I personally don't feel the 'Phins are going to go 4-12, but anything better than 8-8 this year would be gravy - especially if we sweep the Jets. If we swept the Pats, I'd be happier than two pigs in a peach orchard.

NorFlaFin said:
IMO,

I'm not counting W/L next year. I'm watching for player developement and an improved offensive/defensive execution. As the players develop and learn their individual responsibilites the wins will come.

Ah, the voice of reason.:cool:

jlfin said:
Our schedule is not as difficult as people think. It is no worse than any of the other teams in the AFC east. New England has a "weaker schedule" because they have 2 games against a team that won only 4 games (Dolphins), while the Dolphins have 2 games against a team that won 14 games (new England). The same can be said for the Jets and Bills.
In other words the schedules are about the same. In fact, our out of division games are actually easier because we are playing more last place teams.

And teams change so fast now that you just have to play. Last years cellar dwellers can get good in a hurry and vice versa. Either way, if you plan on making the Super bowl, you would have to go through the best. And if you are rebuilding you may as well play strong teams to improve more quickly. Two years ago we had 10 wins or was it 11? But we only beat one or 2 above 500 teams. Even if we had made the playoffs that year we were not prepared to win big games.
Yet for some reason Wanny stayed on to finish off the demolitionproject he started. What dedication!:cry:

That will all change soon! Mediocre (Wanny-Jimmy:tongue: ) ball is dead. (Winning Shula-Saban:D ) ball is back!!!!

MarksBrothers85 said:
There is no way that we do as badly as we did last season. The 2004 off-season went as badly as it could, with Speilman overpaying for back-up quarterbacks and head case/roid rage wide receivers, followed by another Wannstedt led draft, which culminated to the coup de grace, the retirement of Cheech Williams. This sequence of events exposed a team that was already lacking confidence and direction under Wanny, dooming the team before they even played a down.

Things didn't get any better when we lost both of our starting defensive tackles in the first two weeks of the season and with the offense running plays out of my little brother's pop warner playbook, the Dolphins hit rock bottom with a humiliating 24-23 home loss to Arizona. That loss thankfully put the lights out on the failed Dave Wannstedt era as defensive coordinator Jim Bates took over.

The arrival of Bates didn't save the season, but the Dolphins showed marked improvement over the final seven games, finishing with a 3-4 flurry to end the season, which included a 29-28 Monday Night upset of the 3-time champion Patriots. The 2nd half of the season also saw the belaugered offensive line begin to gel, which led to the improved play of AJ Feeley.

Since Nick Saban agreed to coach Miami this season he has accomplished the following:

-Assembled a top of the line coaching staff that included the architect of the Vikings' high-flying attack in Scott Linehan and offensive line guru, Hudson Houck

-Acquired defensive ends Vonnie Holliday and Kevin Carter. Carter can play both end and inside.

-Acquired veteran quarterback Gus Frerotte, who ALREADY LEARNED Linehan's offense in Minnesota and was 5-1 as the starter in '03 when Culpepper was hurt. As well as offensive tackle Stockar McDougal who was solid in Detroit the past two seasons.

-Purged the Dolphins of mediocre veteran turds from the Wanny era (See: Jay Williams, Jay Fiedler & Morlon Greenwood)

With better coaching and execution, which will come with Saban, along with a good draft (PLEASE RONNIE BROWN), there is no reason why the Dolphins couldn't win seven or eight games in St Nick's first year.......4-12 is out of the question if you ask me.

Great post.

But you left out the Hurricanes.

Those were one more "monkey wrench" thrown at us.

if this would happen we have a shot at a stud LT in Ferguson can´t spell his first name though....:)

Emskirch said:
I am realistic. I think this team was better then 4-12 last year. Did you watch that offensive line? Pathetic. Has to get better, with Houch in there, the O line should at least give us 2 wins, with a better run defense, I figure two more. There is 8 wins.

How do we stay 4-12 or worse in your mind, what have we done right in your mind this offseason?

Sometimes I wonder what you "realistic" fans do during a game. Instead of cheering when we score touch down you are like "well, it is only the first quarter and it isnt over yet...."

Wow... I usually just surf, read and ponder, but, this nasty B.S. between fans is getting old. I am as frustrated as anyone else about the lack of closure with this off-season but come on guys - some of you are acting like a drunk fan at a Red Sox game!

Timetorebuild said:

IF YOU SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF FINHEAVEN'S WEB PAGE YOU'LL FIND WHERE YOU BELONG.....TRY ANOTHER WEBISTE...LIKE THE JETS OR BILLS.....YOU TRULY CANT BE A FINFAN TALKING LIKE THAT HOMIE...BELIEVE IN THE FISH SON, NO NEGATIVITY HERE!!! :yell: :fire: :evil:

Back
Top Bottom