4th round pick prediction | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

4th round pick prediction

i say we take mcpherson or orton... worse comes to worse they dont make the team or push someone out of the 3rd QB position. They will both be their at the 3rd pick and value wise i think they are the best we can get in the 4th round. San Fran already took alex smith and Cleveland just took Charles Frye. Mcpherson could be a ridiculously good NFL player he has the intangibles and orton could have gone first round this year had he played better. One of those to would be an excellent pick for miami in the 4th tomorrow morning.

top 5 picks for our 4th round pick: Kyle Orton, QB/ Jason Brown C/ Elton Brown, G/ Wesley Britt, T/ Ciatrick Fason, RB or maybe Jerome Mathis, WR

LSUTigah said:
I don't have any inside info, but a gut feel. If Travis Daniels is available for Miami in the 4th round, it will be hard to see Saban passing on him. He knows the Saban defense, can run a 4.45/40 (don't buy it when people say he runs slower than that) and can play either DB or FS.

I think you're going to see either DT Hawthorne (Wisconsin) or QB MacPherson (FSU/Arena).

What a draft!:eek:

FrostyFinFan said:
Trade down and get more picks. There is ALWAYS someone worth drafting that is falling. If we trade down lower in the fourth and get an extra fifth, we may get an extra one of the players mentioned.

I like this strategy. Philadelphia will be looking to dance with somebody because their cart is awfully full.

I'd love to have Hawthorne, Munoz, Brown, Wilkerson, or even Fason (A great value pick in the fourth-round, and a better catcher than all of our current RBs except H2).

Damn you, Rick Spielman! Why did you have to trade our third-round pick for Lamar Gordon, and our second-round pick for AJ Feeley!?!?! ;) :lol:

Imagine the draft we would have had, had those deals not been done last year.

I hope Saban fires Rick's *** Monday morning.

Roydell Williams, Jason Brown in the 4th, or maybe Wilkerson in the 5th.
I dont know much about the Safeties left. We need a ballhawk FS.

MrClean said:
Antajj Hawthorne DT Wisconsin (we need a young DT to develop who can play nose)
Jason Brown C North Carolina (big strong center looks like the type of OL Houck likes)
Stefan LeFors QB Louisville (remember there is a connection with Linehan from his time at Louisville)
Travis Daniels CB LSU (maybe Saban can get one of his guys from LSU)

If we take Stefan LeFors before mcpherson and orton, i will be incredibly shocked/disappointed

Don't be suprised if we don't draft a "name"

remember there is a reason that some players have fallen off the radar screen...

Some players I'd like to see at some point (not necessarily in the next round)...that aren't the typical names
Sean Considine S Iowa
Gerald Sensebaugh LB/S North Carolina
Lang Campbell QB William&Mary
Rian Wallace LB Temple
Chad Owens WR Hawaii

I might not also hurt to take another RB...since you can use Brown in a multitude of ways

Jimmy James said:
I like this strategy. Philadelphia will be looking to dance with somebody because their cart is awfully full.

They already are dancing while Saban is sleeping. The Eagles moved up to the top of the 4th...the Packers acquired two 4th round picks...with a trade with Seattle...I believe.

pvgolf32 said:
If we take Stefan LeFors before mcpherson and orton, i will be incredibly shocked/disappointed

Lefors was the top rated QB in Div-1 last season....McPherson didn't play much in college...and is too risky to use a 4th round pick...especially when you only have three picks left in the draft....Orton is too immobile...especially with our offensive line.

The more I think about it, the more I think we're going to simply follow the board and pick the best available player: Ciatrick Fason (RB - Florida)

He has fallen much further than anticipated. Both Fason and Brown are excellent catchers out of the backfield. Imagine what we could do with Brown, Fason, McMichael, Booker, and Chambers on the field on third downs...

Blitz said:
The more I think about it, the more I think we're going to simply follow the board and pick the best available player: Ciatrick Fason (RB - Florida)

He has fallen much further than anticipated. Imagine what we could do with Brown, Fason, McMichael, Booker, and Chambers on the field on third downs...

Fason hasn't fallen all that much. He was already a mid-3rd due to his workouts. That would be a very stupid pick. The player you want now is McPherson who we had in for a workout. In the fifth hopefully C.J. Mosley is there and in the 7th heck once again take the best player you can, hopefully in the secondary.

Jaj said:
Fason hasn't fallen all that much. He was already a mid-3rd due to his workouts. That would be a very stupid pick. The player you want now is McPherson who we had in for a workout. In the fifth hopefully C.J. Mosley is there and in the 7th heck once again take the best player you can, hopefully in the secondary.
was zgogina traded yet?

Jaj said:
That would be a very stupid pick. The player you want now is McPherson who we had in for a workout.

Picking McPherson would be a very stupid pick. He's not going to amount to anything in the NFL. In the character department he's practically Cecil Collins Part 2, and he's about as accurate as Joe Namath would be today after drinking a few glasses of scotch.

Fason would do more for our club this season than McPherson would in his entire NFL career (And it's going to be an extremely short career).

Back
Top Bottom